[SC] Chance has to go

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SpudnicK, Aug 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. SpudnicK

SpudnicK User

This needs saying one more time even though we have all been telling big point the same thing for the last 4 years !
    Chance has to go !
    1.Galaxy gates need to give a guaranteed reward of lf4/herc/havoc.

2.Upgrade chances need to be removed and replaced with just one uri fee to upgrade each level * needs to also be decreased in cost.

3.Events such as zeus event need to be on full time and not once a week. Put gold booty only available in battle maps. Having to keep logging on just to see if the zeus event is on is not good .

4.Jackpot amount! Once this amount reaches its max why do we still have to collect jackpot contributions from bonus boxes ? This should be the same as it is with apis parts where by we do not get anymore once at the max jackpot amount.

This has all been said a million times in the past but why is NO ONE LISTENING TO US ?

2. Neo7

Neo7 User

Ok, I need to say no.
    1. Because then almost everyone could be a UFE in a matter of days. It would take me just 2 months collecting palladium to become an UFE and now you need a lot more and it would not be fair when newbies get stronger 10 times faster then I needed.
    2. Again you want to decrease how much effort it takes to become a UFE and that is an exquisite title to be had.
    3. I mean what's the difference if you have 500 keys a month to spend on ZEUS day or you spend 15 keys everyday? You will still get the ZEUS drone in the same amount of time and about having to keep logging on to see if it's ZEUS day, I mean dude, you have to log on just once per day to see if it's or not...that's 30 times a month man that's not that much.
    4. Well this is the first thing I can agree with you about since it is annoying and since DO nerfed bonus boxes

Blue~Lazer likes this.
  3. ramnik

ramnik User

i like it being a challenge getting to ufe without spending stupid amounts :p

jackknife and fluffy101 like this.
  4. Air2040

Air2040 User

It should be easy to build a ship. This game is about pvp. Getting in a clan and hunting. BP needs to get back to 500 peeps hunting each other everyday which means make ships easier to build and rely on the players buying ammo and booster. The ship should almost be a give away to get more players. A UFE without ammo boosters and upgrades is just another target flying around.

TheShadows likes this.
  5. SpudnicK

SpudnicK User

If it was upto me I would start every single new player off in a fully equipped FE ship !
    Forget all this nonsense of having to spend 2 months just trying to get FE it's ridiculous in the modern day DO .

People register on this game and expect to be involved in huge battles but they are sadly mistaken and soon realise that they need to spend months building a ship first .

The only reason this game was so popular in the past was because it was so easy to get into and take part in massive battles but now no one wants to even think about fighting until they are ubfe !

This game has lost every aspect which made it brilliant in the past and now it's just left with a few ubfe who are so bored that they start clan wars for no reason and bully everyone in the company and this is not how this game was intended to be played !

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  6. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Problem with the big chance system that runs through DarkOrbit is it's been here for 4 years now, it's really ingrained within the game itself. Too many people have gone through it all for it to be removed now, don't get me wrong I've wanted it gone as well but if I'm thinking about it from a devs perspective it's just too big a beast to be removed now.

What they can do, and are doing, is reducing how frustrating the chance system is. It's seen best with the grind for LF-4. When I got my LF4 in 2012 I used 2,500 keys on x2 LF4 chance day and received 24 LF4 in return, so seems really probable that in 2012 the chance for LF4 in booty was 0.5% (then 1% on x2 days). Yet nowadays I'm constantly seeing people say they got something crazy like 4 or 5 LF4 with 100 keys on the x3 days, so not only have they given us a x3 day, I'm almost certain they have bumped up the base chance rate.
    As for Havoc / Hercules chance, don't think they have changed but equally DO have been slowly introducing other ways to get them, like quests, but ultimately they're not quite as important as LF4 for progress.

I wish they would introduce Upgrade Vouchers, maybe receive 1 or 2 for free every time you complete a GG, give a couple away in special event quests etc to reduce the cost of upgrading a peice of equipment. It's crazy that it costs something like 4.5mil urdium to get a 7% dmg boost from 45 LF4.

Your point about jackpot in boxes is the best one, should make it so that we receive something else when we hit the 10k limit.

I don't think the road from FE to UFE is the most important part in improving the game though. I think the game would benifit a lot more if new players had a super easy time in getting a FE ship, I think its a real shame that when the new quest system was released they did not add equipment to rewards so that players get LF-3, Iris, B02 etc from quest rewards. Instead a small account doing a lv12 quests is getting under 100 uridium from the reward, what use is that?

If a player could really see their ship grow and improve significantly over a week or two of playing then I think they would be much more likely to stay around and tackle the road to ufe.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  7. CHANCE

CHANCE User

FINE remove me from the game. But chance is a good mechanic in this game. It's what keeps this game exciting for all of us.

But it should be easier to obtain LF-4's, Havocs, Hercules, Zeus parts, and even Log-disks. For an example, one of the players in my server has done 32 Kappa Gates. So far only 4 Hercules, 4 LF-4's, 20 Kappa boosters, and 4 Nothing. It's kind of sad compared to other players who did 32 Kappa gates and got Full Hercules.

Bigpoint needs to make changes

~CHANCE

8. No. Because a this would as okapi said, make SOOOOO many players mad it would do more bad than good and really if you know what you're doing its not nearly as bad as people advertise.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  9. jackknife

jackknife User

I hate gambling not from personal experience mind you. And chance is another word for gamble. It should be clear cut do this and your reward is _______ .

As for retention of new players They have to be able build their ships up a little quicker. They are being hunted by pilots who hit them with one volley and pop. Then they play a little longer and rage quit. And it takes most new players longer than 2 months to be FE in a vengi.
    Yes i know people have done it but they probably started on a new server. Knowing how to play the game and ( they don't buy a big boy)

We need new players and that's cut and dried. Even if it you old timers say but it took me x-amount of time and money. New player retention should be DO's main point of focus as the servers get quieter and quieter.:(

I know it's a PVP game and they're missions are to go out kill 200 enemy players. And it is also a big part of the fun factor of this game and that is the reason newplayers should be able to build up thier ships quicker so they to can have more fun than farming and getting popped.

10. Aye I can't say I disagree but if we focus too much on new players old players will get pissed and probably leave and give the game a bad name discouraging new players making the game completely a ghost town

11. jackknife

jackknife User

That is the major factor of a game changer. How to retain the old players and retain the new players. But, shouldn't old players enjoy more targets or should i say bait.

And so many old players have already left and we have replace them!

The fault does not all lay on DO us players also have to restrain popping a leo in the lowers. As i just was by a semi UFE.
    On my new second account.

12. Yeah, too true but also factor in that it's hard to have fun hunting when you rarely see players you can kill or at all

13. jackknife

jackknife User

Sorry for the triple post don't know how to use the quote feature?
    FooJub, I know there are not many players and how fun it is to get even your first kill.
    But how much fun is it to kill a new player; then complain that the game has so few players that we need to hunt noobies.

Missions are one of the causes I saw one lv 21 mission kill 200 nostromos give me a break.

14. imapoofya

imapoofya User

The missions were made for when the game was a lot more popular. Noobs wouldn't mind then they had tons of friends to back them.

15. TheShadows

TheShadows User

You can quote by clicking on the reply next to the like of whoever you want to quote.

Yes I agree with the chance factor being needed to removed. The chances to get lf4, Havocs, Hercs are too small. BP seriously needs to rethink how they are going to retain old players and encourage some young blood into the game.

Some people say that removing or increasing the chances would cause the old players to quit. WRONG :mad:

How many people are full UFE? Probably less than 1%. Not many people have the money to spend $4000+ into a game, especially a game that doesn't even have that large a player base. Even if they are full UFE look at how many who just log in for a really short period of time i.e pop a few noobs etc. and log off. There's almost no incentive for them to play as there aren't many players left to kill anymore.

So (probably repeating what many people have already said in the forums): :(
    • Uridium from NPCs need to be increased ten-fold
    • Rewards from boxes need to be increased
    • Chances of getting lf4, havoc, herc increased (get rid of that silly multi-booster)
    • Rewards from quests need to be increased ten-fold
    • Events e.g. spaceball, icy rewards also need to be tripled
    • Amount of uridium that could be bought needs to be tripled
    BP could increase the price of boosters, rsb, emp etc... to balance out the aforementioned increases.

Everyone will benefit. The older players will be able to farm uridium faster to finish upgrading all their elite items and new players could more easily see their progress in the game when chance is removed. Players shouldn't have to do

They are not running JPA at the moment so how is BP going to retain those who spent alot for the chance to win 10k euros?

I probably went off-topic there, but I'm mad at the amount of time it takes to become UFE.

Darkorbit is supposed to be a game where you chill and relax and hang out with your online buddies, but to me it seems exactly the same as work. :cool:

16. jackknife

jackknife User

Thanks that was way too easy

Yep it has been said in the forums many times and I agree ( I think the devs are working on something along those lines), but then on the other hand many disagree and ten fold is a bit much maybe add a zero or at least double the rewards.

I don't care if a new player reaches or can compete against somebody who has been here for three years and they can do it in a year.

I love this little space game and I think many more would fall in love with it to, if they did made it possible to advance beyond newbie status a rather little more quickly.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    • Uridium from NPCs need to be increased ten-fold - Sure why not ruin other's hard work or money also earned from work over years in just a month o_O
    • Rewards from boxes need to be increased - YES
    • Chances of getting lf4, havoc, herc increased (get rid of that silly multi-booster) - If they did remove the booster which, hey some of us like they probably wouldn't add chances for lf-4 and herc, instead just making it 50% chance for nothing, so no either way cuz I personally like the booster.
    • Rewards from quests need to be increased ten-fold - Why not become level 20 in a week as a noob
    • Events e.g. spaceball, icy rewards also need to be tripled - Today I got 400 spins from spaceball no pet or bio and we only had it half the time. With your suggestion I would build a gate every spaceball, which happens quite often and i'm not even properly equipped.. Icy rewards maybe, ref bot DEFINITELY.
    • Amount of uridium that could be bought needs to be tripled - Count on that not happening, like really.
    BP could increase the price of boosters, rsb, emp etc... to balance out the aforementioned increases. - Hey hey I want my ability to escape to be relatively cheap mate.. rsb and emp's aren't just UFE equip.

Neo7 likes this.
  17. Neo7

Neo7 User

well at least someone agrees with me and it's funny how all the newbies support that idea. First learn mechanics of the game then complain.

18. TheShadows

TheShadows User

No problem, glad to help. :)

Adding a zero is multiplying the reward by ten :p. I get ya, but my point is that rewards from NPCs need to be increased drastically. If you look at the cost of getting UFE its around 30 mil uri. Thats approx. 3000 cubes assuming you get unrestricted access to them. Which you probably won't if (and this is a big if) BP increases said rewards as more players would be cubing (and hopefully more people would get back into the game once they see the drastic rework).

So do I, there isn't any game quite like this one. :)

It won't ruin anyones hard work. In fact all players would feel relieved. At the moment, grinding for uridium in Darkorbit is the equivalent of using sandpaper to flatten Mt Everest. Sure you could get enough uridium eventually, but it will take a really long time. :confused: Players who spent money would not need to spend as much once they see they could (for a reasonable hours per day) grind enough uridium to hunt etc. Ironically they would be in the best position to capitalise on the uri increase. They could be able to farm cubes constantly, get the lions share of uridium and also restrict other players access to said uridium source (leading to more epic fights).

The booster honestly isn't really helpful for new or semi new players. I read somewhere in the forums that it is a booster dreamed up specifically for players who want a slight advantage in JPA (which is at the moment on hold). The booster doesn't miraculously help you pop players or farm for uridium.

Levels don't matter in Darkorbit. All that matters is uridium, lf4, havoc and herc. If you're the sort of player who goes for rank, the rankings will not change as everyone would get the same increase hence everyone would level up (assuming that BP rewards players who had already done those quests with the increase). Levels are ever increasing and the amount of exp needed doubles every-time. Also Darkorbit only just released new quests for level 21. And those quests are hard.. I mean destroy 200 vagrants? Construct a saturn gate to kill evil you? etc.

Great but I don't know the circumstances of how you got those spins. For example, if your clan had allies or whether you play in a server with a low amount of players. There are other factors that need to be considered. Increasing rewards would make more players want to join in those events. Also powerful clans could restrict access to Spaceball if they wanted to. For example I was playing in a Spearhead and I (or rather my pet, which also had 4 lvl 2 radar) was stealing cargo when Mmo scored a goal. I had box doubler and my pet only managed to pick up 3 cargos before I got popped. Etc.. Once players see the lucrative advantage of Spaceball, they try to form many alliances, steal or just pop those players who want to do Spaceball.

BP has to either increase uridium that ould be bought or decrease prices. $99 USD for 990k is just ridiculous considering how much uri it takes to get to UFE.

If BP implements the above points that many others and I have made, the difficulty of getting those items should remain the same.

BP has to implement a complete overhaul of their business model and how they run and expect to get profit for this game. If only their company financial statements are available to the general public in order to see how much profit they are getting from Darkorbit and other games. News from a couple of years ago said that they are doubling their profit margin every year, but I wonder what its like now.

First do not assume that any of the players are newbies unless they or their actions tell you. I am not a noob and I'm sure that most of the players in the forums are well informed about the various aspects of this game. :)

If you like to, here are my stats.
    http://int12.darkorbit.bigpoint.com/p/6tmm9-JzSsF/?lang=en

The mechanics of the game are broken. The amount of time or money you need to spend in order to become UFE is ridiculous. I personally bought box doubler and (with a pet also) spent about 7+ hours from Monday to Saturday boxing. Averaging about 50k uridium every day. In the end I got around 900k uridium which I spent on booty keys (~600) and got around 5 lf4.

Note I spent 7 hours (happened to be a semester break) who has the time to spend that long on this game. I wouldn't suggest doing this as I practically became a mouse-clicking zombie :mad:. And honestly yeah my ship improved, but it was a titanic effort and seriously? only 5 lf4 and built a couple Kappas and only got 1 Herc :(.

I think every player, even the newbies, all know that there's something fundamentally wrong with how this game works. You either need to spend a large amount of time or money. I know some would say that you could just play another game but that is just a cop-out. I'm sure that many of you like this game because it is simple to understand and getting that rush :D of killing your first player and flying around and participating in group PvP. I never had the privilege to play the old darkorbit where there are many players online and you get massive PvP battles raging across the entire orbit. I'm sure that everyone would like that sort of game to come back.

Darkorbit was a great game many years back, but has lost its luster. It used to be FUN. And it still could be (it is not too late). Hopefully BP listens and implements a drastic change of how this game works. :)

Never stop trying to point out the flaws of the game. Maybe they might eventually hear us.

_-DarkOverLord-_ and jackknife like this.
  19. Rewards of everything need to be increased to reflect the increased cost of becoming UFE, as I believe the alien rewards are still the same as when FE was 8 Iris and LF-3's. Which was substantially cheaper.