Announcement [SC] Firefox\Mozilla 64bit (Context3D not available!)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ŁÁĞÏ™, Nov 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Can a Mod put an ANNOUNCEMENT icon on the post please, I forgot to do it, thanks.

This relates to Firefox/Waterfox/Cyberfox 50 (and possibly other Mozilla based browsers) update and Adobe Flash Player 23+ (25/11/2016)

-This problem may not occur for all users-

Ok, before we all go into a mass rage at BigPoint or Darkorbit over this matter, this is completely down to a sudden update on Mozilla's part.

For those who are using 64bit Mozilla based browsers (if you have updated in the last day or so), you would probably have been hit by this as you have hit the START button and DarkOrbit has loaded:​

[​IMG]

The only current work around is for you to change to Firefox 32bit, which is located here:

https://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-50.0-SSL&os=win&lang=en-US

Again, this is NOT Bigpoint's fault, this is entirely down to the organization who are in control of the end-user product, IE: Firefox/Waterfox/Cyberfox and other Mozilla based browsers.

If anyone is using a Mozilla based 64bit browser and has not encountered this problem, please share.

This may also be linked to a big update which Microsoft have just done with Windows 10 over the last week or so.

This problem is currently effecting my setup which is fully updated (GFX drivers, Java, Browser, and Flash Player).

Research points to the wmode= being ignored and being manipulated by the browser, which is then causing this bug/problem.

I will keep an eye on any developments of a resolution to this problem

NOTE: This may not effect all users, but this thread is designed to help those who have been effected.

Regards,

LAGI.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Solid_Eye likes this.