[SC] i dont want to be bullied anymore

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by TheBajanSoldier, Aug 18, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What they need to do is simple. Have 1 Hitac in X-2 maps for players leveled 6-12. Have 1 Hitac doing the rounds in the maps it does now for players leveled 13-18. Finally 1 Hitac in the uppers going through 4-4, 4-5 and the X-5 maps for players leveled 19-up. Each Hitac has different strengths depending on where it is. Also a level 19 player causes no damage to the 2 Hitacs in lowers and a level 18 player causes no damage to the 1 in X-2 maps and so on.

This should help everyone to be able participate in the event. We will still have the strong bullying the weak but maybe not as much as they will be doing their own Hitac. Also if this does happen all the weaker players can name and shame these bullies. Or better still the weaker players can gang together and fight back.

~Monster~ likes this.
  2. This would be fine except since it jumps through the Portal before it can be killed are you saying MMO (the shortest leg of its journey) gets the least amount of time to kill it? Or EIC with the longest route gets the benefit? It would be nice if these Spawned in a map and stayed there until destroyed and only allowed to jump if not under attack.

Good idea except then you have the UFE Hunters that will be going to the specified lower Hitac for the purpose of pushing their ship kills while they are trying to kill the Hitac. There really is no easy fix for the problems of the Hitac, unless we made them like the Level Invasion Gate and only people of those levels could access them and limit it to the company players also, but then someone level 6 may end up having to solo it and this is just stupid as even nerfed they would be too much for them to solo.

IMO the only way to make the Hitac an event that everyone could enjoy is to make the immediate area around the Hitac a DMZ so no one could lock another player but would be able to attack Hitac at will. This zone would be in place for 30 seconds after it is destroyed so the players that were attacking could escape to a portal and jump to safety before being able to be attacked. (Added for those of this opinion not my feelings) But then this is a PvP game and if you don't like being killed then this is not the game for you. My feelings are that if you are not locking Ships then you should not be able to be attacked by a Ship, unless in Enemy territory, but the attack still has to be started by the Home Map player (meaning I can attack an enemy in my maps but they can not attack unless I attack first) basically making all Company specific maps like the x-1 map when dealing with enemy attacks. This would allow people trying to do PvE quests the ability to focus on their needed targets and not the red dot that is trying to kill them while their shields are down.

EDIT;

My DMZ area would be far enough around the Hitac so you could rep without being outside of it, and it is also why I say it remains for 30 seconds after the Hitac is destroyed.

I also agree that the LF-4 reward should be assigned to players that need them not the people who already have 100 LF-4'2 in their inventory.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016

3. The UFE hunters are attacking weak players as it is now. With my idea there will be a lot less of that going on. Having a DMZ around the Hitac will cause problems. A player would have to stay in the DMZ to be safe from other players but not safe from the Hitac itself. If a player needed to move away to rep they will get picked off by nme players just the same.

Yes this is a PvP game and people need to realize that. But that is not the problem, the main issue is having an event that only UFEs can successfully take part in and seems that the rewards from the lottery are things like fully upgraded LF4s and B02s. Something that UFE players do not really need.

The event should cater for all whether weak or strong. something that the DO team seem to miss whenever we have an event.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    theOtherKey and ~Monster~ like this.
  4. An idea: There should be two lotteries. One for non-Ufe (prices: tons of LF4, Zeus parts, booty keys etc.) and one for Ufe (prices (without LF4) : cosmetic designs, RSB....) You can decide in which lotteries you put your capsules.

jackknife and theOtherKey like this.
  5. Peo0pl3GA5

Peo0pl3GA5 User

Hitac is not the poblem, its the multi company clans and even worse is the multi company alliance.
    in my server top 1 and 3 and alliance and im in one of there clan and we really dominate hitac and atleast 3 player just circle around to kill other clans.
    i fell sorry but what can we do? The game is so underpopulated we just wait for others to keep coming and we keep getting there kills.

6. All I can say is LOL... you've see a problem and knuckle down and join the party... what is this? 'If you cant beat them, join them!'
    I suppose at least you're honest and there is a lot to be said for that...
    This is a game but that doesn't mean that we cannot have principles and stick to them... I'd rather fight for what I believe and stay true to myself

Come on people... If DO eventually realise that the players dont like what they have allowed (with their eyes fully open) to happen then maybe they will get around to trying something to remedy the situation... They say they are working on the solution (after all this time) but do any of us, or they even, think that whatever they do will be 'make everyone happy'.. of course not...

unless as ▼Iron_Mongrel▼ said in another Thread 'My opinions about the game, and why the game is dead.'
    I wonder...
    EDIT
    and surely BestGArenEUW is right when saying

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  7. StariX

StariX User

If you feel sorry for what you are doing, why don't you stop doing it?

Question to you: what is the joy into shooting level 5 player? Do you all realize that with what you are doing you are pushing people away of the game? In the end, the UFE's will only stay to play the game. Good luck with that!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  8. Peo0pl3GA5

Peo0pl3GA5 User

bro i dont play much i am a spending player and i just play for the past 3 months only when i get time and i am doubler boosted for about 5 months straight now. my aim is to shoot players.
    and to answer your second question i never shoot noobs as a matter of fact in my server you dont find anyone lower than basic major rank shooting hitac and above rank are mostly who got atleast 25+ lf4.
    i just enjoy shooting them, i have spent the last 1 week just circling on hitac and getting there kills and most of them are higher rank than i am and lastly i can say i have killed more player who are stronger than me than i killed the weakers one :).

its just matter of priority, they wont leave there hitac and i wont shoot one. i just wait for perfect time to get simple kill and if you think that is bullying then i was bullied 10x worse when there was the event parasite, yet i still manage to win surgeon, i was the only one player in my server to have surgeon with a basic major rank and i had less than 20 lf4 that time!.

im just saying i never complained and i kept going so i hope people dont say that apparently if i do same as other players did to me few years ago, it is bullying. its part of game enjoy it and one day you will enjoy it aswell.

9. StariX

StariX User

Alright, cool. If you say that you don't shoot newbies, I am sorry for what I stated in my post.

But, the facts still stand true. More then 85% of the UFE players around the servers keep shooting newbies no matter what. By newbies, I am talking about level 5 players, who have just lost the newbie protection by finishing the beginners quests.

This has to stop now. Otherwise, only UFE's will stay in the game until they are bored and leave (because they won't be able to shoot level 5 players, right?).

Excuse me, for a second. What is part of the game? Is part of the game to not be able to play and someone to make you quit the game? Is it part of the game to come back home tired from work, wanting to relax on DO, just to find out that some 5 UFE's decided that they own the maps and won't let anyone play?

theOtherKey and BestGArenEUW like this.
  10. That is still taking advantage of compromised players. Yeah alls fair in war but it's still sneaky and low. Remember, those same players could be doing the same to you. What happens in my server is that two top MCC clans ally then they group. One part of the group gleans the Hitac and the other shoots competing players off the Hitac, especially low level or damaged.

That makes it so no one but THEIR clan(s) can shoot the hitac and participate in the event. So, do you really expect people to want to play a game where a small group of players make it impossible for the lower end players to participate in events and progress. The high end clans in the company being shot are more interested in the hitac than protecting same company. They make deals with the enemy clans to get time on the hitac. Of course, a lot of them as MCC as well and won't shoot their own but happy to jump in and shoot same company they are warred with just to get kills. It's total selfishness.

I remember a time when strong clans would hunt down noob killers, rabidly defend battle maps, repel other clans hunting in their maps. More fun in those days than overpowered ships ganging up on level 10s in the maps. What brave hunters. But you get a kill and who cares if it's some 2 flax noob shooting a mordon you killed. Brag and post the kill. Seven of you kill someone half damaged from a cube. Mighty hunters! Brag and post the kill! Why not stop buying uridium and get some help? Good luck in life.

11. StariX

StariX User

Damn you. Whole truth said in one post.

Nothing more to add after what has been written!

12. EZPZ Hitac for us

13. no worries guys i started to play Star Trek Online . i just wish i could be repaid for the $1600 bucks i put in this game from 09-2016 ,but that wont happen so i have to leave the game i loved so much ,thanks for the support players pc.

14. Eve Online is having a f2p option, so I rather play EVE than this money hungry game.

15. That is silly to learn to fight back asap - learn how to run before duking it out - a(n) PvEr will never beat a hunter - unless you are already UFE an/or boosted with who knows what.

theOtherKey likes this.
  16. TheBajanSoldier if it is true your first post of what you have for equipment is true and you still can't defend yourself there is something wrong with your pvp skills. Maybe instead of always trying to hide from pvp maybe learn how to pvp first. I am full UFE but i know players with less equipment than you have that make UFE players run, if they can get away from them before they kill them. So maybe the problem is these kind of players that think they need protection are really just players that are not very good at pvping cause their to busy trying to run instead of watching the other player and learning how it is they are killing them, also watch how they get away from being killed and actually learn from it. Maybe watch some pvp video's or try and make more friends in the game to make bigger groups to help fight the bully's. Also i was playing the Hitac event and there was many times i was killing the hitac and there was not another player around, So if your trying to kill the Hitac when there are many players on at that time it will be almost impossible for smaller lvl players to compete unless they are part of a bigger clan. And there has been times where even I could not kill the Hitac cause there was to many war members on and not enough allies playing at that time so the best thing to do when this happens is to go farm in a different map. Try and enjoy everyone thinks just cause someone has more tickets in the lottery they will win the lf4's or uri or b-02's, this is not true last time i had 69 tickets and won a frost sentinal. That in no way made my account stronger it just gave me a different design to fly in.

17. I am reading TheBajanSoldier's post as a part of a chronic problem which seems to be getting worse and has further reaching effects on the game population basically caused through the avoidance by DO of trying any remedy at all to include the newer players (Assembly is not really helping with the drop-rates so low and most of the stuff that might help the noobs being in the Auction for much less effort)...

I have been here for 6 and half years so I remember enough to know what has changed and have an opinion as to cause and how the game experience for all players, longterm and new, has suffered...
    I suppose we have to ask ourselves why do DO offer Events... Is it just to service the Bullies and MCCs with the kills of lower lvl players thus sending a message to the newer/weaker players that they will have to make themselves beholden to others just to be included in the potential that the game has to offer OR simply realise that it will take a lot of money to get a foothold, as time will never bring you any closer due the lack of balance that has been allowed to increase OR cheat OR lastly leave and play another game ...
    Yes, as you say, if the newer players stay long enough then they may be able to vie with the disproportionate power that MCCs wield over some, if not all, servers these days but that seems to be the problem... the new-blood is leaving before it is bitten by the DO bug that many of us got so many moons ago...

badwon[spt] likes this.
  18. i said years ago on the old forum about giving players pvp protection take a look at drakensang another bigpoint game they have pvp and non pvp on the same server and lets u switch between the 2 different modes, this way u keep the noobs happy, and also if people wanna kill each other on events they can

PuckerUp likes this.
  19. -Corex-

-Corex- User

Same with Pirate Galaxy, another game I play, you have the Option to Turn on "Pirate Mode" to kill other players who are on Pirate Mode as well, why cant this game do the same I wonder?

20. They don't want to scare the wallet warriors (assassins), the WWs are the last money source.

-Corex- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.