[SC] Is there a way to get seprom faster?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -Demo-, Sep 22, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Why are you using Seprom inside a Gate environment? The 30% boost from Promerium should do fine against NPC's where you are not having to worry about the PvP aspect of the game. Just if you decide to do it again you need not die or you lose part of what you earned. Most people do not even use the best ammo inside a Gate because all it does is reduce the time it takes to complete them.

2. ramnik

ramnik User

use prom as above said lol,

3. Depending on how much you play, it should not matter how much sep you use while playing. I play daily and mine keeps stacking up. In and out of gates, its growing and I don't understand, with the exception of what CFH stated, how anyone could always be running out.

COWBOY·FROM·HELL likes this.
  4. MyBigi

MyBigi User

If u do a lot of pvp, sempron runs out really fast.

5. FItty3

FItty3 User

Erm if you have 6 mil how do you swap out from seprom to promi would be nice if you could do that it makes sense

6. ramnik

ramnik User

you dont swap it out, you just use it then

7. FItty3

FItty3 User

Anyway you have about 4k cargo so you need to put it on when you have 40k or do QZ with a citadel and hope not to die and loose 25% of it

8. Wow Guys,

I learn something new here. Seprom can be used for laser? I use Prometid for laser and rocket, Promerium for Generators, and Seprom for shields. I didn't know you could move Seprom to laser. I agree with Help on Skylab. Build it to level 20 it will make more and store more for your use. I'm on my last level for Promerium all else is at 20th level. Maybe I'm not doing it right because I have enough of each. I have about a million of each for my laser, rocket, generators, and shields. To build to 20th Level takes forever to build without buying the quick build, but it works.

I use my Citdel when transferring material to ship from Skylab for upgrade because I can transfer more at one time for the same amount of Uridium (for quick transfer) than with my main ship.

Maybe that is why I'm being killed by others so much. I don't fight others, but like to help even out of clan. I do fight others sometime when attacked (rarely standoff or kill), but I don't normally go looking. That why in Mission Control I have a ton of Kill Others contracts sitting there.

Angus

9. My suggestion to use Promerium was to those complaining about running out of Seprom. Since without the boost from Sep they CAN NOT play the game they could Prom their lasers do gates that give Sep and maybe extend their in map HUNT time. This is especially recommended when using less than x4/RSB ammo which is used mainly for PvP or quick death to the NPC's.

You can make the swap from any ore on any of the items upgraded it just wastes the ore that was assigned.

@WarriorAngus I would suggest making the change from Prometid the next time you log into the maps as the boost from that ore is so minimal and however much you loose in the swap is not going to be a major loss. If you hover your mouse over the ore it tells you what it can be used for Firepower (weapons)/Generators (Shields/Speed) and Seprom can only be added to Shields or Weapons. I know many people Sep Lasers and Shields and Prom Rockets and Speed. They don't use their rockets in a dogfight so they feel it is a waste to sep the rockets. However you decide to do it remember that you fire 40 times more lasers than rockets so you put the majority of the Seprom on you lasers.

IF you are transferring and running out all the time I would suggest (of the 4536 per day) putting 4300 on lasers 200 on rockets and 36 on the Shield (6 hours of boost just remember this is real time countdown, it runs when not in maps). Adjust if you see you are having extra boosted rockets and out on the lasers but it should be a fairly equal boost for the ammo used.

10. FItty3

FItty3 User

OR sacrafise one day an boost 4k on sheald then the next day 4k on rockets and all days after that for the next month do lasers yes you tehnically waste bit of time on shealds but the time you save from each day upgradeing is well worth it :D

11. The 4k on shield is a total waste as this runs whether playing or not it would have to be done again before the 28th day. It really does not take that long to upgrade the shields with every transfer. Again you use so few rockets that putting 4k on them is definitely a waste of the resource. The fact that even with the Rocket Launcher in use you only fire about 30 rockets a minute, this would give you over 22 hours of boost on your rockets. My suggested 200, using the above estimated firing, you would have over an hour of continuous firing of the rockets and since many do not auto-load rockets so they can switch between slow down, freeze, and any other rockets they can use to prevent their prey from eluding their attack, and with the different delays caused from the rocket effects they will not fire near as many rockets as someone grinding NPC's.

Maybe if we have someone run a test using my recommended allotments, whether with Prom or Sep and let us know if they run out together or not, we could have a better idea than just an educated guess.

12. Thank you guys for the information. Everyday I look here I do learn something. Maybe one day I will know something. Take care and safe hunting.

Angus