[SC] New Visuals...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by StuUK, Apr 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuUK

StuUK User

"...improved visuals and performance, the graphics team has revised the 3D engine and the game’s textures. By using a newly developed CSE and IPF technology, our team was able to increase the performance and the readability of in-game effects by about 14.16%

For further information and to leave your feedback, please consult our forums!"

I can't see a forum thread on this, sorry. Do I have to make some adjustment somewhere to something? Because my screen looks like this now -

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

Off to bed now, I'll check back on this in a few hours & also to see if there's an official thread started.

Thanks for your time & attention & apologies if it's just me being a technonumpty! :confused:

2. Go to "Settings" on your game screen (top right), and uncheck the box marked "Turn Game Into Retro Mode."

3. These visuals must be new as of server time tomorrow, the 2 servers I play do not show these YET.

4. TheShadows

TheShadows User

Hey, maybe Bigpoint is doing a retro, 8-bit version of Darkorbit. I kid :p But it will be cool, imagine 2d lego starfighters shooting each other :D:D:D

5. veritas

veritas User

Holy pixelated 80's, Batman! :p Same.

edit: Super funny now, as the change occurred and I posted before the explanation came up. Heh. Make that the 60's... :eek:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  6. -ЩarΛnt-

-ЩarΛnt- User

It's april fools ...

7. thebroods

thebroods User

what a waist of time retro when out for a reason.... this game just gets worse

8. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

1st April all fools day, the dev team are having a good old laugh.

victorious4JC™ likes this.
  9. [​IMG]
    i though my Google chrome crash... please fix it

10. It looks like as if my ship is censored in the pixel mode, but the mode is still cool <3

77Transam likes this.
  11. MiNt

MiNt User

just add it to the list of silly pointless things making the game boring

for those who hate it go to settings then bottom left unclick retro...

fixing the glitch's would be a better idea

77Transam likes this.
  12. If you are using 3D I found you have to adjust the display and it corrects the pixelation of the screen or opening the advanced portion of the display and unchecking the retro box in bottom left corner corrects the issue also. The adjustment forces you to have to do this every time you login but the retro is a fix that does not need to be messed with again.

13. MiNt

MiNt User

still a seriously pointless waist of time... glitch's should be there priority people are logging of in game chat because they think the game is glitched.... this just does more damage to the games already poor reputation players should have been given the opportunity to switch to not from retro!

77Transam likes this.
  14. Also mention the "Retro checkbox is under Display AND "Advanced mode". Uncheck and screen reverts back to whatever passes for normal around here. :confused:

15. StuUK

StuUK User

Thanks everyone - yes, I knew it was April Fool's Day! What I didn't know was the location of the "Retro" switch, despite having looked for it - so I guess the joke's on me after all. Laugh? Erm...no. Waste of time & very annoying.

16. jackknife

jackknife User

I just logged out

17. ABC™

ABC™ User

Graphics issue:Top right on front screen is a COG icon (settings), on the first screen DISPLAY, (1) Choose 2D version, (2) bellow that reduce graphics settings to average for Background, ship, Explosions, Zones, Engines.
    (3) Bottom of page unclick “Turn game into retro mode “ – its above SAVE. (4) Press SAVE, log out and it should be ok when you log in (5) send ABC £50 (6) and welcome to DO Aprils fools

18. laughing is good for your health... look it up on Google... dont be too up-tight please... The 'Fool' is once a year...
    Take it easy ppl

19. 77Transam

77Transam User

The retro mode doesn't work much better! The graphics still look like something from the first super Mario Brothers game. The lag is also worse. My screen froze twice while I was in a gate and I had to disconnect both times just to get back in. By that point it was to late and I popped with NPC's that aren't a problem for my ship. Someone tell me this is a joke!

theOtherKey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.