[SC] Prometheus laser?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ╬¤☆Chaos§LεgεnĐ☆¤╬, Nov 8, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. So im a former ufe, coming back after a long time to int15, wth is this prometheus laser ? i only get 1 from questlines, farming one takes 90+ hours??? costs me so much ammo, my seprom even proms run out ?

Is it even worth farming! i missed the whole even that said it gives 10 proms, so why cant we have a catchup even to give 10!

this is impossible, im not gonna spend a whole 2 productivity weeks to farm something just to catchup to people. Is this game even worth playing if this problem for 0 prom laser people are fixed?

SURE now enhanced lf4 are better which i have mostly but now bo3 too that requires farming RINUSK AGAIn for 2 weeks just to make one bo3???

I might sound like a free loader to you but a UFE taking 90+ hours to farm something is a joke

2. Star*Fire

Star*Fire User

LOL. I play around 1 hour maybe 1.5 hours daily. So I'm looking at 90 days to pull that off. Oh well guess I just don't. Been playing for years and one thing I know is BP don't care about players only money. They wish you buy them not play to get them. That is why I only play for short times. This game is anything but user friendly and BP has proven that many times.

Maddust and Rawlinson like this.
  3. Too much time and resources are required to obtain these new items.Especially after we spent so much time and resources upgrading all the old gens. And after we upgrade all the MD-LF4's they will come out with another , even more powerful laser that won't be up-gradable for another year. It's beyond ridiculous and just another money making making scheme that will benefit the wallet warriors and botters.

4. There are 10 quests which provide Prometheus lasers as a reward but they must be completed in order and the next one appears only after you have completed the last. Trust me, you will find them if you look hard enough.
    As for the amount of time required to complete all 10 all I can describe is my own experience in gaining them.
    I used JOB-100 ammo throughout my excursion and added Prometheus lasers to my ship as soon as I gained them. The lasers make a huge difference in hitting power in the BL map.
    The first 4 are easy and you should be able to complete them for yourself in 3 or 4 hours if you are truly UFE. As for the next 3, I paired up with one of my UFE friends and we spent about 1.5 hours on each of them. The next 2 are more time consuming as they require the killing of many more Attends to complete, requiring 2 and 3 hours of game time respectively. Finally the last one requires that you kill 3 Invokes which my partner and I zipped through in about 0.5 hours.
    So in conclusion, I with the help of one friend, spent 14 hours of game time to collect all 10 Prometheus lasers.
    If you are fortunate enough to be able to group with more players you will easily beat the time stated in my guideline.
    Many hands make light work....gl and happy flights.

5. Bakjam

Bakjam User

This is the way it goes with everything, including in real life. Just think about computers and phones. Each device is (overall) better than the one released 5 years before. I have to admit I hated the culture too but it seems irreplaceable in a pay-to-win-game.

6. Yeah ,I have to agree with you on that. I do what I can within my means and play. Like I have said in other posts , I do spend some money on the game but , not enough to keep up with the "BIG" spenders.

7. BF-109E

BF-109E User

unfortunately the main reason they have taken this action in my opinion is the ufes were complaining that a lot of ppl were getting away and as they spend so much money on game they wanted to have an advantage , most free to pay players were starting to reach ufe lvl since the ppl with money keep the game afloat i can understand it, and i,m quite happy not to pvp because of it i still enjoy the game and i as i like the construction side as well . i just dont pvp . i still try in events tho the game seems to have 2 sides to it now depends on your own personal veiw

8. you seem to forget that any botters who bot 24/7 will have an advantage, they get all the new stuff, and the wallet warriors are trying to keep up. pay to play is now a joke, there is no way you can compete. this used to be a game of skill,
    now its just a game of cheats.

9. Sagturius

Sagturius User

It doesn't take 90+ hours to get a prom laser. I do to daily mission and pick up boxes while i am at it. Then I go and get at least 500 rinuisk in the BL map each day. All of that is maybe an hour to and hour and a half each day depending. Sometimes I do more. Usually I have enough uri by the end of the week to do one zeta. Which means it takes me two weeks to build a prom laser. I would say its more like 14 - 20 hours. After vortex i have like 300,000 uri and two zetas ready for this week end. So if i do my time in the BL map i will get another laser or two. Looks like they are giving away a new shield every week... so i am in no hurry to build them. I will build my lasers first. I am not a pay to win person nor am i a cheater. I only pay for premium and occasionally get a doubler. I did the doubler during vortex - that was really helpful. I have been playing for several years now and still like this game. Botters aren't all bad. They make the kill missions easier. I wish DO would get rid of ship specific kill missions so we could have open season on the botters in their spearheads.

10. You can get a total of 10 prometheus lasers I believe from blacklight missions, take a look at the wikipedia, it has all sorts of information on this and the best methods to get them. It's much more reliable than asking here.

It's worth getting if you want to play, you probably won't notice a huge difference in gameplay by getting them though, cause I didn't.

No one has upgraded enhanced, prometheus or bo3's yet, and people that do won't have more than one of them upgraded. SO you're really not far behind, getting the resource to upgrade these is very tedious, so don't expect anyone to have it as a modern gameplay any time soon.

People complain about it all the time, but Bigpoint need to make money because they are still a small company. Not many like these updates but it's because DarkOrbit isn't looking at what the players want.

EDIT: If you want to go for it, I really suggest finding a clan or a group to do it with.

11. harsh1998

harsh1998 User

You really dont know what you're talking about. Prom lasers are far superior to your trash hyper's, refer to damage charts before you post misleading information. And no one has more than 1 upgraded prom laser? I have 48 that are level 12 and theres tons of people who have level 14+.

12. Haven't met a prom laser user I haven't killed yet. And I don't have any, they're on my Leo. I fly uppers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keep dreaming, it's not just the lasers that make ya strong.

-FT

Arrogance and Attitude are no match for Experience

13. They're not but thanks for the useless information you are providing and no, I meant a full set upgraded.

Agreed.

14. I'm confused! Since when can you upgrade a Prom. laser?It's not in assembly.

15. Never mind I found it. I was trying to click on right arrow to move menu instead of using scroll wheel.

16. -.Marsil.-

-.Marsil.- User

with prom in game now how is the new player suposto play now?

17. Sagturius

Sagturius User

Sames as always. 1) Resign yourself to the fact that pvp will not be an option for a while. 2) Fly a fast ship. 3) Learn how to evade attacks. 4) Build your account - this should be easier than before because they give away really good stuff in the calendar now days.

18. EvilHotDog

EvilHotDog User

Thanks for all the responses. Moving to ''Speakers Corner''

Thanks

EHD

19. Bro 90 hours? 500 rinusk a day???

You can farm an entire laser in 30 minutes to one hour using x2 lol. With x4 you can probably get 2 in one hour. With a group you can do it even faster doing invokes and behemoths while also just brain dead farming impulses.

When my friend came back to the game we farmed BL map for 3 or 4 days and no more than 4 hours at a time defending 3BL and having fun in teamspeak and he made 26+ lasers(not including quests im pretty sure) with x4 and I made 7 with x2.

Do your quests to get the 10 prom lasers, and just farm impulses for an hour at a time with x3 or x4 and as soon as you can craft the laser, and it will be like a snowball effect as you do more and more damage it will be faster farming them, because the prom lasers give an extra 200 damage or something in the Blacklight maps. Go in a diminisher or aegis and you will easily get them its really not hard.

And yeah like the other user said the Enhanced LF4s are trash now don't even bother with them anymore. Anyone here who is telling you otherwise just sits in forums all day complaining that its been 2 years and they are still farming for spartans.

20. this is really obselete. DO gave BSGO players a code to retrieve a whole venom ship with full bo2s and unstab lf4s and that whole kit wasn't really that good in the long run. Just because they give out free handouts doesn't mean it's easier for the beginners, everything they hand out is obselete.