[SC] UNOFFICIAL: DarkOrbit Revealed Archive

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by =SERAPH=, Mar 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well as u was posting about comic stuff as u was moaning about which has been out 4 a while now and the next update has comic stuff in it thats where i was coming from but its has always been about paying and not thinking of the noobs when an update comes out that helps both u moan play another game as u seem to not happy with anything unless it benefits u

2. eT3RnitY

eT3RnitY User

Well said, @Okapi32. Someone had to say that words so people understand that cosmetics are not bad. :)

At the end of the day, no one is forced to buy the cosmetics (although most players I see on map already have cosmetics).

Micro transactions (like the cosmetics) are good for the *health* of the game. So, don't be harsh on DO for creating cosmetics, because on the first place players asked for them.

3. ponix6000

ponix6000 User

anyone know whee to buy the res for assemble?

4. I dont think they put them in shop yet...they were supposed to put 2 of them in shop I do believe, but maybe they meant for them to be in shop when the release event is over. o_O

5. Sorry for off-topic: has sb seen the "craft-able" LF4 or Zeta part?

6. you wish they will ever add craftable lf4 lol!

7. These will be recipes that have to be found in the maps and will be a "special" one off recipe possibly from Event Missions, if they add them at all.

BestGArenEUW likes this.
  8. I have read this in the FaQ, so...your wish is canceled :p

9. you miss read lol , i can guarantee that there was nothing about havoc/zeta/lf4 in the Assembly FAQ in the last 3-4 days , prove me wrong...

something that was , is the materials that are not available in shop >.>

10. LOL, you are right, only in the German forum is something about Zeta and LF4...

11. for some reason i would have been tempted to bellive the german forum more since they are the developers of this game but meh , apparently DO forum guys should stop revealing infos since most of the time they are wrong o_O

12. It seems when stuff is transferred from the German forums to the English forums there is a mix up. I do not know if the Mods for the Germans are running on Speculation or what, but I know the English Mods do not like being BURNED by Speculation and carry a wait and see attitude, unless it is in an official announcement to them from the company, before posting the information here. I prefer to get the information sooner instead of later, but I do like the fact that the information we get is usually correct to start with instead of having to be retracted (Double Rewards FAQ being the first retracted/edited item to be seen in a long time) and that was not the Mods fault but the information given to them was incomplete.

13. eT3RnitY

eT3RnitY User

Hey @Okapi32,
    Sorry that I will go off-topic.. These assembly resources that drop, are meant to drop instead of cargo? I have been playing for a while after the Assembly update, and noticed that when assembly resources drop there is no cargo drop. Is this meant to be on this way? I had no chance to test on test severs, so have no idea, and the FAQ doesn't state anything about this. :)

14. CORRECTION! They changed the information about the crafting system/LF4 in the German forum, there's no LF4 or Zeta part, it wasn't a bug.

But sometimes they tell some really interesting changes in the German forum. I remember the the epic moment, when a (German?) employee from "Team Darkorbit" appeared, added therein negative critism (as a employee?!) and announced the additional "Tunnel of Terror" gate rewards. Next time I will mark this the "facts" of the German forum.

I'm not Okapi, but it's ok, if I tell you an answer, shouldn't I? Yes, the new resources replaces the cargo (and there's no booty chest and the new resource from 1 NPC at the same time, if you will want to ask^^)

LoL, your picture.^^

15. eT3RnitY

eT3RnitY User

Of course you can answer. I just said sorry to @Okapi32 for going off topic. That question was not only addressed to him, but to anyone that will read it. Thanks for the answer. :)
    Yeah.. :) Don't play it, but like this icon.

16. Yes it seems the CREDIT farmers that need the CARGO have another useless item to take their credits from them. First it was Green Booty Chests, then they added the Red and Blue Booty Chests, now they add this garbage resource that you can not collect because it disappears before you can recover from the LAG created by the new update. So on an Ultra Booty Day you have a 10% chance you will get an actual Cargo Drop from a Boss Kristallon that you killed because you had to collect 300 Promerium for a mission.

They say this update is going to help the NEW player and all I see it doing is frustrating more people than it helps. New players won't benefit till after level 12 if even then.

17. eT3RnitY

eT3RnitY User

Well, honestly, I don't have problems to get assembly resources instead of cargo, and not both at the same time. Gaining both at the same time may be too much :)

18. Unsafe information of the
    G
    E

R
    M

A
    N

forum in the official announcement:
    Some compensations:
    • The Assembly Launch Event will be extended until 29th of May.
    • All players receive 25% XP- and a honor boosters from 16th to 22th May
    • Double Galaxy reward day from 13th to 15th May
    • 3 Super Mega Happy hours, 350% more Uri
    • Galaxy Gates, which were lost due to the "current" problems, will be erstored
    • many shop sales

Hopefully this will be realized :)
    But Premium was still better...(yeah, I know that I should stop griping...)

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  19. eT3RnitY

eT3RnitY User

Your sneaky wishes
    :D:D:D:D

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  20. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Changes to the Tartarus and Mimesis ship abilities.

Tartarus

Rapid fire:
    New
    This ability loads your rocket launcher with the maximum possible number of rockets, and reduces your cooldown from three seconds to one!

Old
    The rocket launcher reloads the max rockets amount immediately. After using the rocket launcher the cooldown will last 1 second instead 3 till it can be used again.

Speed Boost:
    New
    Hit the thrusters! Toggle this ability on to change your base speed to 300. Toggle it off to return to normal speed. Please note that your laser damage is reduced by 3% while this is active.

Old
    This ability has an switch function. So one you activate or deactivate it it stays in that status till manually changed again. The switching has 10 seconds cooldown. When used, the base speed of the ship will change to 300. The damage of any laser equipped on the drones will be reduced a 5%

Mimesis

Hologram:
    New
    This ability allows you to mimic the appearance of the ship you've selected (human or alien). You name, P.E.T., and drones will be hidden, and aliens will ignore you. Entering combat will disable your hologram.

Old
    When activated and for the duration of the effect, after 1 second delay player ship model is transformed into the model of the selected NPC/player ship

Scramble:
    New
    Your enemies will have an 80% chance of missing you. Your laser damage and speed will be increased by 25%. Please note that your shields will continually weaken while Scramble is active, and if they reach 0, it will be automatically deactivated!

Old
    This skill can be toggled on and off. Player shield starts to deplete. Enemies get 80% chance to miss player's ship. Player gets +25% laser damage. Player gets +25% speed.

Phase Out:
    New
    When you activate this ability, you'll be teleported 50 units of distance away in a random direction. This does not work in Galaxy Gates, the Ultimate Battle Arena, and on pirate maps!

Old
    Player ship is teleported for 50 units in the random direction

Biggest change there is that the Mimesis scramble will automatically be disabled once the player has run out of shields. So it is not an ability that can be left on whilst the player is running around on assassin/suicide configs.
    It will be interest to see how this ability interacts with Diamond though, if the Diamond shield regen allows it to stay on permanently so long as that player doesn't change formation.

Hologram sounds even more fun now, sneaking around crazy cubes disguised as a Protegit will be popular I imagine ^^

Slight change to Tartarus with its Speed Boost now lowering all lasers on ship by 3% instead of just the lasers on drones by 5%. The cooldown between turning the ability on and off seems to have been removed to.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.