[SC] UNOFFICIAL: DarkOrbit Revealed Archive

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by =SERAPH=, Mar 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 77Transam

77Transam User

But that's my point. Everything else has bugs. The released the crafting system and every time anyone logs in there drone designs defaults to the free design, it doesn't stay on what you had it on last.

2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

So why would you then want them to deliberately release stuff that wasn't finished.

3. 77Transam

77Transam User

To be truth full it doesn't seem to matter how long they take, everything they launch has problems so I figure why should they try and change now.

I am just wanting them to do something. The crafting system is a start but for right now at least it's mainly for the new players and weaker players. The crafting system doesn't really change anything for players who have been playing for years such as most of the people posting in this thread.

Last edited by moderator: May 23, 2016
  4. True, its meant to act as a balance system to allow newer players to catch up.

77Transam likes this.
  5. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Well unfortunately not everything happens at the press of a button.

From my understanding this game is a bit of a nightmare to work on at times. It's very outdated and if they were going to make a darkorbit game today it would not probably not even be considered as a browser game, far less something as bad a flash. Flash broswer games are something of a dinosaur, they were on the way out years ago.
    The age of the game alongside the fact it's flash means when they make a new feature they are not just working on that feature alone, they have to go back and look through and redesign other parts of code which might not have been touched in years.

It isn't like transitioning DO to a downloadable game is a easy fix either, could be more work to do that than it was to create the game in the first place.

So if you are looking for lots of quick updates you are playing the wrong game. Although I can't really think of any game that does rapid succession of content updates.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    *Amitié* likes this.
  6. eT3RnitY

eT3RnitY User

Straight to the point, @Okapi32 !
    Players need to understand that it is not that easy to create new features, nor refactoring the old code.

Give them some time people, they will fix the issue and will move along with new features. :)

77Transam and BestGArenEUW like this.
  7. But sometimes it seems to me that they didn't test enough *hustle* 35 Extra Energy bonus boxes of the Kuiper *hustle*
    IMO the test servers are useless for testing and debugging, they only give us some future information.

8. eT3RnitY

eT3RnitY User

Actually test servers are meant for players to test the upcoming features. But, the problem is the community: everyone cries for a test server so they can shoot each other, and not test the features. The players that are actually testing the new features is so low. :(

That's the main problem.. Check the Facebook fan page - every comment: "Test server please!".

If all the players that joined the test server to just buy new ship design and go shoot people - at least spent 5 minutes on testing the new feature, the problems would have been noticed on time and the feature wouldn't be released on live servers.

9. I think the issues they are encountering currently are closer than we believe. They did a "Visual Update" April 1st and the A.S. update 5 - 6 weeks later, the V.U. caused issues with the PET and LAG and I believe was compounded with the launch of the A.S., I can only see further "pushing" updates through just to make progressions in the game is not going to solve the issue but create an even deeper set of issues and further the unsatisfactory gaming experience we are all encountering. I know a stagnant game is a dead game but a game that can not be enjoyed is a close second. Please rectify the current issues before launching any NEW Updates as they are compounding the problems.
    I have to agree with this as they never did a FULL test of the A.S. without a known glitch before they launched it.
    The biggest issue is that the test server does not have the entire game active, they usually turn portions off so it is not available to see if there are issues with the entire game platform and thus is the cause of the bugs/glitches when it does go live.

BestGArenEUW and 77Transam like this.
  10. 77Transam

77Transam User

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that this game was so out dated. And as far as your last statement. Star War the old Republic [removed] Has an update every month with new content. They are also free to play and nothing in the shop gives you a tactical advantage.

Last edited by moderator: May 23, 2016
  11. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

I actually play swtor, the monthly update is only 30~ minutes worth and is not going to every month. It is episodic content and once the episodes are done across 2 seasons that's it for the kotfe expansion. Not to mention most of the episodes for season 1 are already complete and they just release them once a month to keep people subscribed.

None of the expansions are given to free to players either, you must purchase a subscription if you want access to all the previous expansions and kotfe episodes.

I have had a lot of enjoyment out of swtor, but 30 minutes of story a month is not when I would be boasting about as being a content update, there's been no new raids in over a year. If players want the best gear available in this expansion they have to do the exact same raids as they did a year ago, in endgame there's been no updates for years. Just a new 30 minute mission once a month.

The last proper content that wasn't just a 30 minute mission was the rishi arena / battle grounds for PvP and the arena grand for PvE, that was this month. Before that it was the release of kotfe in October 2015.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  12. 77Transam

77Transam User

Very true. Maybe DO/BP needs to rethink the entire game and move players accounts over after it is created.

13. west-star

west-star User

why do we keep talking about updates ..lets talk about FIXING all going on issues , before bringing out any new things ...!!!

SauronL likes this.
  14. ~Monster~

~Monster~ User

Because it is more fun to think about the good and fun things that could happen.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    77Transam likes this.
  15. Xmancode

Xmancode User

any update about Ship Expo event?

16. KaffeeXxX

KaffeeXxX User

17. AkAKuzuki

AkAKuzuki User

thanks for the info @Okapi32 ,but do you have some more information about equipment in client? or they just abandoned it?

18. Launching the Hangar tomorrow as posted just above your question.

19. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

There's been no news about the EiC for a while. Last time it was mentioned by the devs they said it was on hold as they wanted to rework it and weren't happy with it in it's current state. It's not reappeared on test1 or test2 since then, probably a few months ago now.

AkAKuzuki likes this.
  20. Just to let you know before mod rides your ass about it, signature has to be 4 lines

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.