[SC] UNOFFICIAL: DarkOrbit Revealed Archive

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by =SERAPH=, Mar 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

TA flash files have been transferred onto regular servers. So expect the update today or in the next couple of days.

The only other change is a few more bit of info about the galaxy gate video thing:
    • Watch video to get free spin
    • Sorry, there are no videos available!
    • You have already watched maximum amount of videos

2. You mean expect an update that will just break the game for all those that can currently access it right, being as they still aint fixed the other issue, doubtful to be anytime soon on that one either...

I am disappointed they still never changed the size, looks like its a 2 battle system when it comes out, should be interesting either way hopefully, may be the only reason for me to log in now :)

3. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Possibly x)

Think I'm one of the few people who much prefers the small map and 2 battles way of doing things ^^.

4. I don't overly mind fighting with 2 battles, knowing decent configs for that aint hard tbh, maybe with the 2 battle method I wont have to waste RSB and emps :p

But like ive said somewhere else on the forums, you never find someone with 2 battles in maps, you dont plan 2 battle 1v1s etc, for those looking to learn/get better in PVP, this TA aint going to help you in no way learn anything, other then master configs no-one ever uses.

When I use to hunt, I either use double speeds, or 1 battle nd 1 speed hunting con, I am only bothered cos I want a proper 1v1 feel, using 2 battles and having a pointless fight that I feel requires no skill is lame.

5. Silviu

Silviu User

I went into TA on the test server had a couple fight, see the camera drone, which wasn't replacing my pet because it worked fine. Each of us had one, so what is the camera drone?

6. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Change to TA rules:
    You cannot lay mines in TA while you are waiting for your opponent.

So basically when you are trapped in the box you can't put down a wall of mines to protect yourself before you can even start shooting.

The only other new thing is 5 new packages that have been listed:
    • Daredevil
    • High-Flyer
    • Space Rogue
    • Alien Fighter
    • Maintenance
    • Battle Enhancement

No information currently on what these packages will contain but it looks like they will have to be bought with real money from the uridium page.

It's literally just a graphical effect that follows the ships around, nothing more.

Maybe (and it's a big maybe), if the downloadable client becomes a real thing then they could include a function where you could get a reply of the fight in the 3D mode from the camera drones perspective. However that is just pure speculation on my part, there is nothing at all which suggests that would be the case.

7. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Two new breaking news bit added, one is a bit weird.

First is a event for Columbus day, so pretty safe to say it will be for USA servers:

It's Columbus Day!

We're celebrating Columbus Day together! Join in the celebration by playing mini-games, or if you prefer to make a bang as you set off gorgeous fireworks, look for them in Bonus Boxes and in the Shop! Have fun!

Your DarkOrbit team

The second is called the Hezarfen design, which is the Turkish themed goliath that does 5% damage and gives a 10% honor boost, however it has been listed again as a new event, so probably going to be repeated if any of you play TR servers.

REMOVED

Last edited by moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  8. I´ve given up playing Bot-Orbit around 17 months ago - and still ranked 27 not to bad lol.
    Unfortunately my new favourite online-game has a maintenance-break today.
    So what to do log in to darkorbit and use the 7 millions of sepped lasers...
    What do i find out - lag´s over lag´s come one... Shut down this wasted up game completely nothing else to do here!

9. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Turkish design is getting a remake, which explains the new Hezarfen event entry.

New:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Old:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. yes it is very cool design i very like the new one but i ask why do not make Bulgarian design they make only for the more big countries like USA and Turkey why

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    yamama likes this.
  11. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

I think the USA one was made by the offices in San Fransico when they were fairly new, it was also during the time that USA servers were being prioritized for test clients.

Turkey got a design because there are a lot of Turkish players. As in there are probably more Turkish players playing DarkOrbit than all other countries combined. No point making a design that won't sell much.
    Turkish players regularly get exclusive events.

12. And we have Bulgarian holidays too and Bulgarians are one of the biggest number of players in DO but becouse we are small country no BG desing there must be desing for every country to be fair game no only for the big one countries

13. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

I very much doubt Bulgarians make up much of the DO player base, if they did then they would have been given their own server when DO was bringing out servers about once every couple of months. Turkey, Germany and Latin American make up the majority. Probably around 75% of players between those 3 groups.

14. Nice design - it looks bloody with all that red.

15. we are small country for that we do not have server but GE2 GE5 GE6 are more 60% Bulgarians :) but ok you're right

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  16. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

In-game images of the Turlish Goliath re-design:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

On top of that another Turkish-exclusive event has been scheduled called the tieredEvent which seems to be to do with the design, or at least the last one was. However there is already a Hezarfen event entry so I'm not too sure.

Other change is it appears people will get bonuses for purchasing packages:

As a gratitude for your purchase we gift you the following items:
    - 750 x Extra Energy
    - 1 x Hercules Drone Design
    - 1 x Bat Drone Formation
    - 3 Month Premium Membership

This is an example of the best one, they go down from that, see code below for the other bonuses. No information about which packages will give these bonuses. These bonuses have occurred before, but once again it seems to have been Turkish exclusive.
    It appears that if you want to get the most out of DarkOrbit, you really need to be playing a Turkish server with all their exclusive deals and events ...

Code:
    <item name="package_event-deal-spenderV2-1">
    <![CDATA[
    As a gratitued for your purchase we gift you the following items:<br /> - 150 x Extra Energy
    ]]>
    </item>
    <item name="package_event-deal-spenderV2-2">
    <![CDATA[
    As a gratitued for your purchase we gift you the following items:<br /> - 300 x Extra Energy
    ]]>
    </item>
    <item name="package_event-deal-spenderV2-3">
    <![CDATA[
    As a gratitued for your purchase we gift you the following items:<br /> - 750 x Extra Energy
    ]]>
    </item>
    <item name="package_event-deal-spenderV2-4">
    <![CDATA[
    As a gratitued for your purchase we gift you the following items:<br /> - 750 x Extra Energy<br /> - 1 x Hercules Drone Design
    ]]>
    </item>
    <item name="package_event-deal-spenderV2-5">
    <![CDATA[
    As a gratitued for your purchase we gift you the following items:<br /> - 750 x Extra Energy<br /> - 1 x Hercules Drone Design<br /> - 1 x Bat Drone Formation<br /> - 3 Month Premium Membership
    ]]>
    </item>

17. SauronL

SauronL User

Thats not very fair against thousands of players which are not playing on turkish servers . Thats sad ....

chixonator likes this.
  18. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

I suppose it wouldn't help if I said they get lots of events we don't and exclusive offers? The Turkish player base is the biggest and so the favourite of DO, not much of a secret considering the amount of updates made just for them.

19. Simples - make one ship per server design. DO missed the boat/ship the Brazil design with soccer. Stop making new map backgrounds when it causes lag and we turn it OFF.

20. haezmf

haezmf User

Yes they make lots of money if they sell all design with country flags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.