[SC] UNOFFICIAL: DarkOrbit Revealed Archive

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by =SERAPH=, Mar 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crystal

Crystal User

i have a same opinion, i can't imagine it

Okapi32 if we will can turn it off....I don't mind, its ok :)

Cruenta†Ultionem likes this.
  2. thats has nowt to do with this version or darkorbit thats was made and stuck on uri wars on facebook be4 it was closed down

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  3. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

4. Its on now in gb1 server now, load of rubbish, Diving about getting influence points for a daft title, aye right wait there, soon as your company falls behind theres nothing to aim for, no individual rewards apart from a daft title that i can see.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    oversoulpaul likes this.
  5. Crystal

Crystal User

german the same, its now there, new desings

6. I wating the new designers and the Battle of Influence Event,i can log on next day to play the frist mission of this event XD

7. Crystal

Crystal User

Battle of Influence will start tomorrow, April 17, 2014!

so now is april 17 and nothing, DO doesn't have a calendar? :D

8. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

The 17th hasn't ended yet though, so there is still plenty of time for the rest of the servers to get the event ^^

9. 1n9i9c7om

1n9i9c7om User

I'm assuming that it'll start after the daily server restart. :)

10. Crystal

Crystal User

so still nothing :D

i'm going to holiday this evening, so i want to buy it today ,because maybe after a week it will be not possible to buy

11. Okapi32,

Vanquisher not only gives you 5% bonus on all influence you earn for MMO, but also provides a 7% damage bonus against enemy pilots.

What is 5% " Bonus on All Influence" ?

12. Influence has to do with Battle For Influence 2014. You can find the icon on your game screen.

13. Oh My God, Just Oh My God, All Hail this game, it's just too beautiful, I'm crying...

14. If this game turns into 3D-mode, I'm up for it! I'm definitely spending cash on this game only if the backpage and in-game are 3D, let's get realistic, escape from your enemies by luring them between asteroids and destroying them instantly! BattleStar Galactica and lots of other games can have 3D so why not Dark Orbit? Well, seems like most people like 2D as well so if Dark Orbit is making a 3D server, pls give us the option to move our accounts to that server:)

Peace;)

_-DarkOverLord-_ and TheTaser(V) like this.
  15. -xghost-

-xghost- User

Completely 3D is impossible with sustainig the 2D mode. Emagine 2 players fighting: one in 3D mode, another one in 2D mode. The 3D player is flying forwards, backwards, left, right, up, and down. What will 2D player see? Some kind of rectangular projection to plane? Then it will be ultimately disadvantegous to use 3D, because your up and down movement would be canceled. And this is not the only one problem. As mentioned - u wouldn't see behind, etc. Its impossible.

If that will bw something like new (off switchable) 3D models of ships, objects, ... its ok then.

~Morph33~ and Cruenta†Ultionem like this.
  16. Maybe it will just be a side-on view/different camera angles and not so much a WASD 3D mode where you can't see what's behind you etc.

I can't see it being too different to what it is now otherwise it would be impossible to have the ability to turn it on/off. If the modes were so different it would give unfair advantages in one of the modes over the other and the update would either be pointless or ruin the game completely, depending on which mode would be best... that said you never know it could exceed our expectations...

...oh wait it's darkorbit ignore the last bit of that sentence :p

17. lol

they released it today...

18. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

There's anouther event coming. No pictures yet, expect more details next week.

Translation logs for Razor fireworks have appeared.

Fireworks with Razer branding.

Code:
    <item name='items_ammunition_firework_fwx-rz_fullname'><![CDATA[FWX-RZ]]></item>       
    <item name='items_ammunition_firework_fwx-rz_description'><![CDATA[Feuerwerkskörper mit Razer Branding.]]></item>       
    <item name='items_ammunition_firework_fwx-rz_code'><![CDATA[FWX-RZ]]></item>       
    <item name='items_ammunition_firework_fwx-rz_short'><![CDATA[FIREWORK]]></item> 
    Edit:

The event is called the Razer Action Week
    There is a very rough generic quest description too:

Team work time! Show what are you and your friends capable of!

Code:
    <item name='quest_title_500001'><![CDATA[Razer Action Week Challenge]]></item>        
    <item name='quest_description_500001'><![CDATA[Team work time! Show what are you and your friends capable of!]]></item>

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  19. I have a feeling that this 3D mode will be similar to another space game I'm
    playing.:cool: IF the 3D mode has the game mechanics of the 2D mode and the
    looks of this particular 3D game I'm talking about. We could be in for a real treat.
    Because after playing it, I could easily see how DO could be a good 3D game if
    it was done properly. DO and this game have a lot in common but it's a different
    type of game.This could be a good update but I'm having trust issues right now.

20. That image is hella old, was a failed update years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.