Sentinel or Spectrum?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by †۩SIR●ĴΛÇΘβ●ofΚΏЯ۩†, Feb 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Which is a better skill design to use all-around?

2. BOSS~ADAM

BOSS~ADAM User

The Sentinel decreases damage to your shields by 30% and the Spectrum decreases damage taken by 80% but decreases your damage by 50%. The Spectrum is good for running to port or doing one versus a lot battles, the Sentinel is good for tanking. I probably couldn't choose but I'd use the Spectrum if I'm running low shield hunting config's and the Spectrum if I'm running higher shield config's. It's all about personal preference though.

3. okay thanks for the feedback :)

4. I'd say the sentinel is better, especially for 1v1s etc... Spectrum don't really like its ability much because it cuts your damage into two.

5. Aside from the looks and the 2 minute special ability it has same shields as a Bastion.
    I have killed more people with Sentinels than people running with the Spectrum ability on.
    If you want a ability that seems to help I would go Spectrum.
    But if you like to PvP in my opinion the Venom is best.

6. BOSS~ADAM

BOSS~ADAM User

Diminisher is better then Venom lol :).

7. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

In the JPA I have never lost a fight whilst using the sentinel ability against spectrum. However with the same configs I have been knocked out twice by being a spectrum vs sentinel. So for organised 1v1s the sentinel is easily the best, the 2 minutes of ability should see you through almost any organised 1v1 situation.

Spectrum is best in group fights, you start taking the most hits and just turn it on so you can stay in the fight longer and deal out more damage. However in a random 1v1 encounter that happens in the game that isn't organised I think the spectrum is actually more useful than sentinel. The reason for this is that organised 1v1s tend to last a lot longer than just random encounters you get whilst hunting, so the spectrum's ability tends to have the advantage in this situation.

So in my opinion overall in general situations the spectrum is better, but when it comes to organised fighting, sentinel is supreme.

8. Thank you very much Okapi that helped me understand both skills a lot better ! i guess im going to stick with my sentinel and i realize the risk of a surprise attack :)

9. SENTINEL :D hahah i always want it. However its only good if you have high shields

10. What counts as "High Shields" 400k? 500k?

11. that would 'high' shields for your speed config...battle it usually tends to be 700k+.
    But really, it all depends on the pilot & their playing style.

12. plaku

plaku User

700 k you mean not having full slots with laser on drones but instead puting some shields, because the maximum laser 35 would result into 530 k shields something like that if im not mistaken

13. I have about 700k sheilds with double booster on battle configs and i can still hit a good amount of damage and it would also be really helpful if i had sentinel design :p

14. plaku

plaku User

Yes but i asked that u cannot have full 35 laser on battle if u have 700 k shields

15. Sentinel is better if you can drag out the fight longer.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  16. plaku

plaku User

well not always because your shield will run out b4 the ability runs out , which means the ability is worth it at least for 1 min because works only with shields . But there is some potential tactic to back off from fight and recharge shields and come back

17. I know but whoever has that has the wrong configs for hunting :p designs doesn't matter as much as configs