[SC] Set-up

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by jonoh, Apr 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. jonoh

jonoh User

Hey guys!
    Awfully sorry if this is in the wrong place, i'm a Newbie so it seemed right haha.
    I've actually had this account years, but haven't been on in about 5 years and have no idea what im doing haha!

basically my question is, I currently have a goliath full of lf-3's, what weapons should I be aiming for instead of lf-3's? and how do I get them? I only really do pve, just run if I get attacked. also i'm hearing the spectrum is the best I can buy with either uri or credits in the auction, is this true?

2. OK so basically you're going to want Promethius lasers. As of right now they are currently the most power laser in the game by far & I can confirm this to be 100% sure because I tried using the enhanced LF4s & they don't nearly match up to the Prom lasers in my tests.

But it will take a while for you to get them so this is what you might need first:

First you should get at least some LF4s, Enhanced LF4s, & any other lasers that are designed to do damage to NPCs. You're going to need these for a while to farm. The Prometheis lasers are obtained by getting rinusk, but the first 10 lasers you may obtain by the Blacklight beginner quests so once you get 10 it's really easy to get the rest.

You're also going to need to do a lot of Hades gates for the 75 booty keys , 200m credits, 15k x4, 2.5k RSB required for each Prom laser crafted, in addition to farming Rinusk. Farming Rinusk is easy though, with 10 Prom lasers & a Frakenstein combo of other NPC lasers you can farm one laser with of Rinusk every hour with x2/x3 solo, or two or 3 per hour with a clan, which really is not bad at all considering those lasers give a bonus damage to the Blacklight NPCs, so each one you get you are hitting harder thus making it easier to obtain Rinusk.

My recommended setup for BL maps is an Aegis with 5 Shield Generators on your ship, rest of them speed. This is because you can easily SAB your shields back because they are so low, & if you do lose shield or HP you can simply heal it back so you're on the map sigificantly longer.(tank you to my friend for showing me this)

Once you get Prom lasers it will be super easy to get the rest of your UFE equipment you need.

As for your ship, it really doesn't matter at your stage because with prom lasers anyone can one shot you, no joke. Even in spectrum ability they can most likely kill you before you get the the port with DCrs, Ice rockets, etc. so in essence it really depends how much someone wants you dead, so if I were you I would auction for an Aegis instead & worry about goliath later.

Also never buy ships with Uridium, NEVER. Ships you can now craft them with materials or auction them for pretty cheap nowadays & hell even out of booty boxes.

3. jonoh

jonoh User

Ace thankyou!! where do I start the Blackloght beginners quest? also - I have no idea what these gate things are people keep going on about haha! is it like a mingame or something? also where do I get lf4's from?:p and what do you spend your uridium on if not ships?

thaks a lot!!

4. Don't jump on them. The damage difference between LF4s and Prometheus guns shine out more in PvP scenarios. Focus on the 5-3 Palladium field to build Zeta and Kappa Gates. They will give you your Havoc and Hercules drone designs + Keys for LF4s. That's where you'll get a huge amount of firepower from. The jump from an LF3 to LF4 is much bigger than from a LF4 to a Prometheus. Once you're mostly full LF4, go for Prometheus guns.

5. I beg to differ the Lf4 damage of a LVL16 is 216
    Regular LF4 is 200

compared to Prom laser 225.75 LVL 16 with a bonus shot of 200 damage every 5 second
    Regular Prom laser is 210

So LF4s are obsolete in every way compared to Prom lasers & Prom lasers are an immediate need, you can easily hit 100k x4 full damage on aliens & higher on players with a full set.

The jump from LF4 to Prom lasers is from Toyota to Bugatti

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  6. coobo99

coobo99 User

The differences between the lasers may seem small in numbers, but when you go through all of the added bonus these damages go through, it grows.
    I don't hit very hard, but with 10 Proms lvl 11
    I hit 40k x4 and it goes to ~60k after the overcharge.
    Pretty sure my damage is bugged because everybody talks about how easy it is to hit 100k with lvl 16 LF-4s and I have nothing but Enhanced and Prom atm.
    Nevertheless. Use the strongest lasers you can get your hands on and don't upgrade anything but the strongest.
    The argument is a Prom and HP LF-4 combo is the way to go.

7. Yes, but don't invest in upgrading a LF4. I was talking purely about base damage difference.
    Going from a LF3 to an LF4 is an additional +20 DPS.
    Going from a LF4 to a Promethus is only a +10 (base damage). If you factor in the scatter damage, it is more.

But there is also the effort required to get the guns. A ship with full LF3s will have a significantly harder time than one with full, or nearly full, of LF4s. And getting LF4s now is incredibly easy. Go for them first, then spend your time and resources (that you have earned a lot of while gathering LF4s) to get your Promethus guns.

So my statement, don't get your Promethus guns until you got your Havocs + Hercs, as well as Apis + Zeus. The keys from Zeta when spent on Zeus days should be more than enough to get them. On top of that, you should have more than enough LF4s to fill your ship from the gates and booty boxes.

8. A agree with getting a few LF-4 to ramp up the DMG output is never a bad Idea, and then go for the Prometheus Lasers.
    LF-4 Lasers can be found in the Green Boxes with a 1,5% chance. Or in Galaxie Gates (Hades 12,5%/Epsilon 33%/Kappa 25%).

However I would only play Zeta Gate in the beginning.
    Zeta Gates give you (on Sundays) 50 Keys (for the Green Boxes) aswell as 100 Logfiles for your bio and Havoc drone designs for more DMG.
    The Keys can be used to collect the Apis and Zeus drone parts, while collecting those you will get the LF-4 needed aswell.
    When you have both drones the keys can be used to craft the Prometheus Lasers.

As for the ship, I would go with the Solace or the Spectrum, both give you the best chances of running away (but they don't garantee a sucessfull escape)

Buying ships really is a waste of Uridium because with the Keys from the Zeta gates you can also collect Hardware parts to craft all the Skill-Goliaths (Venom, Spectrum, Solace, Dimisher, Seltinel) for basically free while collecting your Apis and Zeus drone parts.

What you should use your Uridium for is to build Galaxie Gates (Zeta).

Going to 5-3 and collecting palladium is a waste of time, especially if you are willing to buy premium and the 25% discount. But even if you do not buy those things palla is still the worst way to build up Galaxie Gates.

9. EGGLOAF

EGGLOAF User

I can't find any missions that give you prom lasers. Do you know the names of any?

10. coobo99

coobo99 User

You have to be in the the BL map. Set the missions so you can see locked ones and scroll down till you find a large gap. You'll know when you hit it.

Make sure to only use your keys on Zeus day. This is the best day to use keys because it offers Zeus, Apis and LF-4s instead of just Apis and LF-4.
    Try to save your gates for Tues-Thurs on Double GG weeks for the bonus rewards offered on those days.

11. EGGLOAF

EGGLOAF User

What large gap? What level are these missions for?

a-nub-who-tries-hard likes this.
  12. coobo99

coobo99 User

Go look before asking another question.

thor714 likes this.
  13. I believe the BL missions require level 17 at minimum to show in list.

Could be wrong though. Mind you, once I thought I was wrong, found out later I was mistaken. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-FT

The best way to catch someone is to make them think they're chasing you

thor714 likes this.
  14. anduril

anduril User

Yes, BL missions require a level 17 pilot. There are 2 tracks, first starts with mission Abandoned Voices, and progresses through 15 total missions. These give no prometheus lasers. The second starts with mission Within the Limits, and progresses through 60 total missions. The first 10 missions completed give prometheus laser as reward, which is a good start, but after that you have to collect resources in BL to craft more. Also, once you reach mission 36, the Letter of the Law, most if not all further missions require you to do them on enemy BL maps, so to do them you must be a level 24 or higher pilot. The BL mission gate is in your home x-8 map. Good luck :)

15. Lol, a good way to get enhanced LF4, is the daily login bonus.

Login every day, get, something (mines, boosters, generators, who knows what). And, after 25 days get an enhanced LF4.

The list resets on the 1st of every month and it rotates through the 3 different enhanced LF4's. This month Paritydrill, next hyperplasmoid, then magma drill. And of course, it then starts again.

Lol, if you can login every day its a good way to build up useful bits and peices.