Ship Balancing update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Sep 8, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SauronL

SauronL User

yeah i agree with you, venom is total trash right now.

Spectrum is already OP and they only reduced its cooldown. While its still same strong as it used to be and still lasts 30 secs

2. I have farmed some Kristallons with the reworked Venom. The extra damage is nearly useless, I have earned around 900 Uri more per hour (LCB). I wouldn't pay 250K Uri for this design (I have found it in a Booty Chest).

3. coobo99

coobo99 User

I honestly suggested just lowering the designs cooldown being lowered to around 10 mins and keep the same amount of time the ability is active. Solace cooldown is a great improvement, however an HP boost would go along way. This would make it even to the Centaur with the Solace abilities. The Centaur is a pointless ship with Saturn around and could be ejected from the game, maybe even refunded to players who already have it for uri or assembly parts and replaced entirely by the solace. Venom is one of the ships that should have a 2-way ability. Active for the original amount of time for NPCs and cooldown of 5-10 mins and the updated times for PvP. Sentinel could also profit from a 10 second ability boost.

4. ronz

ronz User

Hi there peeps,
    The Sentinel NEEDS to be redesigned, 10 seconds for duration of the ability and 20 seconds for cool down, I mean if you come onto the game itself, You will see every one in a Spectrum, PLEASE redesign/change the duration, before we had 2 minutes for duration of the ability.
    Developers, you need to understand that 10 seconds in terms of duration is absolutely useless.
    Before the new changes to the ships ( Diminisher, Venom,Solace,Spectrum and Sentinel) Sentinel and Spectrum would be the most used ships due to the great 10% shielding it provided, which is great but also the 2 minutes of Sentinel's Fortress ability against the Spectrum's Prismatic shield ability, since the changes, Spectrum is OP and the Sentinel, well... it's just absolutely useless , Spectrum ability (30 seconds of 80% less damage) vs Sentinel ability (10 seconds of shields taking 30% less damage).
    I really hope you take this into account and change the Sentinel's ability.
    Please change the Sentinel's ability!!!

5. -ЩarΛnt-

-ЩarΛnt- User

I just did the math on venom.
    The skill starts from 1500 dmg, dealing every second, and increasing with 200 at each time.
    After the update, that gave a max damage of 8500, totaling 180K in damage.

The old version lasted for 60sec?
    If it did, the high damage is 13300. All add up to 444K damage, and in the last second you may still get the
    13500 damage dealt, which adds up to 457500.

So damage been reduced by 60%.

6. coobo99

coobo99 User

Venom is only good for small bursts of damage and backing out of fights and using it so people/NPCs can't rep. That's it.

7. ronz

ronz User

You peeps really do need to redesign the Sentinel ship, it is far from useless as even the Venom is shockingly better than Sentinel at the moment.

8. So..there is much criticism especially about Sentinel...will this "feedback thread" be an ignored one?

It seems that the cooldown and duration time are chosen randomly. All designs aren't at the same level.

ronz likes this.
  9. ronz

ronz User

The Sentinel needs to be redesigned, answer our prayers here Dark Orbit!
    The Spectrum is just OP lol but as long as the Sentinel is fixed, I'm more than content with that.

10. coobo99

coobo99 User

I hope by redesigned, you mean the ability get fixed. The ship itself looks awesome.

ronz likes this.
  11. ronz

ronz User

Ofc, Just the ability's duration and CD , that's about it.

12. coobo99

coobo99 User

Every 10 seconds is a bit ridiculous. I have been fighting a few lately and they have gotten harder to beat.

13. Kante.

Kante. User

I absolutely hate how they crippled my Venom. And adding insult to the injury, they call it improvement to make it competitive. When itntoduced, the singularity can take down any ship. EPM was expensive, and most players even don't know about the affect it have on singularity. Then was introduced ships with higher hitpoints, like Aegis and Citadel. EPM was action boxes so everybody got hundreds of charges. Before the change it was great defence ship, even the low firepower Venom can bite Surgeon safely from no attack zone and make it run for life, or destroy it. Not any more. Now it have limited use as ship for newbies to support they limited firepower in farming.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    PuckerUp likes this.
  14. The once "good ships" have all been nerfed so that the "dumb and foolish" will buy 1 of the new ships.
    Pay to Play................................

PuckerUp likes this.
  15. i agree with you they do need to buff the venom...however what people REALLY did with venom wasnt farm they would wait till enemy comes near use singularity then run for the hills while it eats away at your hp if you arnt near a port in time you are doomed to die because emps only popped up for mega

16. Hmm how about making the skill "Singularity" a dual-skill. For example it will work like the Spectral Lancer Laser wherein it has higher damage to NPCs than on other players. At current, Singularity deals a total of 180K direct hull damage within 35 seconds to all (NPC/players). Maybe they can change its total damage dealt when used on NPCs and just retain the current damage when used against players. This way Venom would be more useful in PvE but not OP at PvP.

But of course since the Spectral lancer lasers are bugged wherein they are dealing only PVP damage even when used in PvE, I doubt they can apply the dual-skill to Venom's Singularity at the moment.

theOtherKey likes this.
  17. Venome isn't even strong in farming, Solace and Aegis are better. You won't waste your time for repairing because of their healing abilities.

18. Kante.

Kante. User

I disagree. If you use LF-3 and only 8 drones, Venom may be better choice. If you are full, the Surgeon take Venom any time.

19. I will take every surgeon with my venom (with same configs) in 1vs1 on pvp map you just don't know how to play. The balance now is much better than before regarding the goliaths. With all vengeance and pussat it is different story though, these small ships are so obsolete because ot Tartarus.

20. Kante.

Kante. User

The change was billed as making the old ships more competitive to Surgeon. I would love somebody to explain me, how they would fight full Surgeon with full Venom or Sentinel (the other ship, that was crippled) and win.

This update removed the only way, how even week player can chase away, or kill full Surgeon. From that time, I have seen Surgeon comming to maps and occupy the four upper, or lower maps for hours, forcing frustrated players to turn the game off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.