Ship Balancing update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Sep 8, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The balances look really good. Props to OP32. I look forward to trying them, but I think the Solace was hit a tiny bit too hard from the previous patch. Everything else looks really good and spot on. Won't know until we get some practice in (but i'm sure you guys had high quality pvp players try these already, which is why they are so good).

2. There is also, in DO, an early type of new ship oppossed to a balance patch: Spearhead, Aegis and Citadel.
    Just because some other game has a need to squash an existing item does not mean Dark Orbit has to bend to the need to run with the pack.
    However, I respect your opinion on the matter.

3. ÇîŁMŴ

ÇîŁMŴ User

good changes to cyborg and hammerclaw.
    unfortunately i think sentil nerf wasn't necessary. Few people use it and the only good thing it had was the short cooldown that made it a good ship for multiple engagement in a short time, now it has became as spectrum.

for the next balance patch i sugest you to nerf PIB ammo (or modify serum effect so that after you use it you can't be infected again for a certain time) because they are ruining all "hit and run" ships

coobo99 likes this.
  4. Sapphire

Sapphire User

And this goes into that Cyborg will be never nerfed, because everyone uses it and it's OP.

apetown. likes this.
  5. Bakjam

Bakjam User

Do NOT buff the Pusat, it was technically already buffed when Tartarus was nerfed as it is now the ship with the highest base speed.

The best way to truly diversify ship usage is to focus on support ships, such as the Spearhead and Citadel. They can introduce much more strategy in the game than raw damage.

For example: nerf the Mimesis so that the Spearhead can counter its ability. This makes the Spearhead less vulnerable (as the Mimesis can easily keep up with a Spearhead with its ability) and also encourages teamwork.

6. coobo99

coobo99 User

That's all people use now is PIB. Any time I get in a fight, it's immediate infect so either they can run or so I can't. It makes fighting impossible, especially since everyone uses the "kite" technique - flying away for a short enough time for abilities to run down, them to repair and me to be left defenseless.

7. TheShadows

TheShadows User

Try mimesis

8. coobo99

coobo99 User

Built Cyborg and it'll be a long time before I get 450 oil again.

9. -blue-

-blue- User

Buff the V-LIGHTNING ship too

10. ÇîŁMŴ

ÇîŁMŴ User

can't mimesis be infected?

11. ÇîŁMŴ

ÇîŁMŴ User

the real problem is that they can infect you again immiadtely after you use serum

12. ÇîŁMŴ

ÇîŁMŴ User

what are you saying? it is the only advantadge that it has against pusat

13. TheShadows

TheShadows User

Mimesis can 3v1 with the right config. See my guide.

It can also escape due to phase ability.

14. ÇîŁMŴ

ÇîŁMŴ User

i have already read it, really a good job ;) even though i already knew those things.
    only problem i if the enemies infect you than run away for 10 sec untill your ability is gone

15. TheShadows

TheShadows User

Infect doesn't really work cos Mimesis has around 620 speed without, so even with the slow its faster than a goli. Maybe a lightning vengeace or pusat may get away.

What I found people do, is they infect then suddenly emp cloak and run, then its really hard for me to lock on to them in time.

Also slow mines.

There are many other counters to Mimesis.

16. ÇîŁMŴ

ÇîŁMŴ User

Yeah, It could work with mimesis but of you are using any other ship and you get infected you will probably get killed.
    As it happened to me yesterday: an enemy infected me, I used serum, he infected me again one instant later.
    That has really no sense they should put a colldown on infection (20 or 30 second are enough)

17. TheShadows

TheShadows User

Yeah that too, vengis and other fast ships cant really get away as easily anymore.

18. in my opinion the ships still arent balance due to the fact of it having extra slots. you nerfed every ship including the borg doesnt make it change the fact that borg is still in a higher position. I play this game for hours a day and its really annoying you uys dont have a ship that counters it at all closest thing you have is sent but once ability goes down the over whelming extra damage and slot allows them to sab your shields and you do basically nothing to it

19. i agree the sent was unneccesary and the cyborg is still op nothing can counter the ship its self. its over whelming. its only good for noob players. i say make more ships with extra slots or not. leave it basic or do it to all ship. come out with every design with it you cant out run it and you cant out damage it so your basically dead no matter what. and you die if you emp due to the fact of not being able to out run it just lock and ability, booom good bye

20. neo_ryan2

neo_ryan2 User

comletely Agree. they need to make the ships more even. i like the new memesis but hammerclaw cmon just buff the aegis all that work creating a new ship with same ability of the aegis and cyborg to come on really. buffed venom cant out run the memsis or borg abiility or if it has full speed which most people who pvp nearly do. ive seen your youtube videos speed and almost 54 in sent. they can keep either 1 extra speed or 1 extra laser not both cause now it out dmgs you no mater what design your in other than memisis and it can out run you too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.