Slot CPU

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by WyattEarp, Dec 30, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padiddle

padiddle User

I agree we do need more slots but if my understanding is correct and the ammo restrictions are removed so that should open a slot. I think this needs to be held off till we see what dark orbit does.

2. -HarleyD-

-HarleyD- User

Hi

On my normal player ship (Goli), I have 13 slots in total without using drones.

1. 10 slot extender
    2. Repbot 4
    3. Auto repbot.
    4. Auto rocket firing
    5. Turbo rockets
    6. Hellstorm launcher CPU
    7. Auto rocket buyer (well over limit)
    8. Auto ammo buyer (limits... we dont need no steenkin' limits)
    9. Smartbomb
    10. Instashield
    11. Advance Jump chip
    12. Cargo bay doubler. (If I am specifically going hunting PvP I swap this for the aim chip)
    13. 50 cloak.

What else do you need, Ammo bay doubler? If you are already over limit then its useless. Diplomacy chip? Please... does ANYONE use that anymore? Drone Repair cpu? most experienced players dont trust it and repair their drones manually. Lab cpus? Personally I prefer to upgrade my lasers and shields myself, easier to control that way rather than have a chip dump 4000 seprom onto my shields instead of my lasers :mad:?

Infact the only chip I would like room for is Mine cooldown but I can live without it and if I was that desparate then I would sacrifice a drone slot.

If you use uri to purchase it the 10 slot costs 250.000 uri. How much do you think a 20 slot will cost 400k, 500? You can guarantee it wont go into trade straight away (for at least 6 months if past history is anything to go by). Even when they go into trade they will sell for Iris prices initiall. Who is this helping??

I personally, speaking as a player don't think that this is a good idea and will create even more imbalance between the "Gold Card" players and the free ones.

Just my opinion ;)

Regards

3. Railgunner

Railgunner User

Not to mention it takes what "strategy" is left in the game if everybody was able to equip everything to both configs. Plus, it will be a ridiculous amount of money/uri to obtain but who am I to tell you how to spend your $45...

4. VESPID

VESPID User

Wow!!! Are all you guys really trying to tell everybody not only how much they can spend their money on in game but what they can spend it on too???

5. Full_force

Full_force User

Well maybe because those cpus are what is needed for the ship to work good.

Lab cpus, rader cpus and ammo cpus (if over the limit) are useless.

Really would you buy the Rep-1 or the Rep-04? The Turbo Mine CPU 1 or the Turbo Mine CPU 2?

Seriously only a total noob would buy the least efficient items in game. Nor can you stack most cpus.

6. I thought the idea was partially good and partially bad. I would love to have everything equipped on my ship, but then the guy next to me in the map would have that ability too. So I'd say stick with the 10 slot. It does add a element of strategy and choice. We used to only have a 6 slot extender and we learned how to get by.

Side note: Whoever said put your extras on your drones is just....nvm

7. NoSkill$$

NoSkill$$ User

I need some more space but i don't like the idea.. the slot cpu-4 is already enough.. Just put some extra's in hangar you don't really need (Drone repair for example, but take care of your drone's manual then so you don't lose em..) and put in what u need

8. I didn't mean unlimited. I know better than that. I agree that the game has become unbalanced. But, there are some things that it would be nice to have and not have to sacrifice a slot for them.

9. Mittoucp

Mittoucp User

I enjoy it in a goli as I can not fit everything in, means I have to make a few sacrifices if I wanna hunt, do I really need a chip buying me x1 or do I need cloaks? :p

10. Your sentence that begins with "Goodness me" indicates you were looking for something to give some feedback. Feedback usually means constructive options, not posting of negative or non-productive comments.

11. It never said that I didn't intend to reply if I disagreed with an idea. If you read it properly, you will see that my ORIGINAL intentions were to come and "see if there was anything good and give some feedback BUT" I did not say anywhere in that post that I will hide my disagreement if an idea is stupid.

I also believe my comment is "productive" because it is important that the viewers of these threads see both sides of an argument. People who are for the idea, and people who are against the idea. I indicated all of my reasons for disagreeing with the idea.

Wouldn't the world be great if everyone praised each other no matter what they said or did, clever or stupid... actually wait no it wouldn't be.

12. VESPID

VESPID User

I don't understand why there is any opposition to the idea of being prepared for more without having to switch configs or manually adding or removing chips.
    Having an extra 5 or 10 extras slots can only be helpful!!!

ROCKIN-RON likes this.
  13. Sociopath

Sociopath User

So can having everyone shoot a default 10,000, and then increasing it if laser damage goes above it. But that's not how the game works or is meant to be played, there is meant to be a choice. Why do you think there is only 50 pilot points to be bought out of 91 possible? People were doing fine with the 6 slot cpu, but 10 slot was implemented for convenience.

14. i think with the introduction of new cpus, (like the pet fule cpu) this will eventually become needed and will be intoruduced anyways.

A few space saving tips if you are stuggling for space, 1 u could use drones like other people have suggested, 2 go for a different ship, obvs the noob ones lack spots lol, 3 certian cpus u could only have on one config, like the cloak cpu, jump chip, rockets/ammo replenish...

15. ROCKIN-RON

ROCKIN-RON User

Yes we do need it, both Wyatt and myself have the ship with the highest amount of slots you can get, and it's not enough.

How do you know what the dark orbit team intended?

Last edited by moderator: Jan 5, 2014
  16. I wouldn't mind having another slot chip, but what other chips am i even going to put on my ship? lol, I already have all the important, useful ones.

17. Sociopath

Sociopath User

Because if they had intended to let everyone use all the extras, they would have. Oh wait, they did: drones.

18. BOSS~ADAM

BOSS~ADAM User

It would be boring if everyone hit the same and had all the same equipment and such, that's why this is a bad and unnecessary idea, maybe sometime in the future a more space slot CPU would be needed but not now, you need to choose or put extra's on drone's.

19. I think it's quite obvious. Choices are needed to balance out the game

Boom, end of story.
    There is space for all the Extras possible with the drones.

Last edited by moderator: Jan 24, 2014
  20. VESPID

VESPID User

Hmmm...A drone slot expanding CPU, but I digress.
    Anyone willing to sacrifice their drone slots even after this idea is implemented is free to do so but I for one see not only a need for this idea but a profit making want!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.