[SC] State of the game review.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by BMλŋ916-ƒliesUSƒlaǧ, Dec 29, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. The revolving door of events to keep the player base entertained is a great function as many other games use that same function. The release of blacklight maps was a brave yet worthwhile update for an alternate way of advancement. But because of the update with released ships of that time people exploited the mimesis which has rendered that ship completely useless as it went from a 75% to 100% evasion down to a flat 0.

Then we turn to new ship releases which are entertaining in their own way. Making the game seem fresh and active for a short time at-least. This also brings us the ship balancing to better increase the health of the game which was a much needed step and should be on consistent review to ensure a healthy balance in the game. And not much longer from that point we get to the re-balance of lasers which revived the enhanced lf4s opening a whole door of possibilities for gamers to tune configurations. Whether it be Pve,PvP or a mix of both in certain circumstances we can do alot more and effectively use nearly any ship we desire.

Currently we have 26 ships that are on a level playing field in their own way and will be made more unique intheir own way with the addition of ship modules. So when we pair all this with 3 different sets of drone designs and optional shield generators we have alot we can control.

Now will all the cool events , terrible events and rebalancing of events to hopefully appeal to the players we have that (1) consistent nagging problem that seems to double in its presence with each passing event. And that is all the autopilot players we have flying around the maps and even the Frozen Labyrinth was infested with them. It is like a disease that is just spreading. I am just curious how much longer the player base will last till everybody leaves this game where it will be left full of autopilot ships from sun up till sundown.

I personally was met with the careless and unforgiving side of Darkorbit, Where I was punished for pushing even tho I reported the players who worked so hard to set me up even with the risk they too would get punished. Well it must have been worth it because it worked. And these are the same type of players using exploits and programs to have an advantage anywhere in the game. Yet those players are still here. Un-affected by the efforts of the DO team. And at this point in time , the ground of troublemakers in this game can easily dedicate new accounts to getting other players banned for pushing so their autopilot ships can continue flying circles around npcs from sun up till sun down.

With all the great updates and features we have seen. When can we expect DarkOrbit to finally be-rid of its Disease? That clock is ticking and its not getting any slower. As no ailment waits for its victim to be ready

Archangel-Warrior likes this.
  2. Bakjam

Bakjam User

I have said it before and I will say it again: if there are SO MANY bots as there are (and yes there are many, they are very easy to identify by looking at their behavior) the current system is just NOT rewarding enough. In addition, more and more I get the sense that bots are not being banned to fill up the maps and because (unlike what the developers may state) bots can make money for Bigpoint via rebate packages for gates and premium and what not.

People don't take the 'risk' of botting for nothing: they bot so they can make uri and play the game and everyone knows that if you want to be somewhat competitive these days that premium is a must have! So bots do make money for Bigpoint. Perhaps even more than regular players...

3. So sorry you got dinged with pushing B-man, you are one of the most honorable players I know. DO should reconsider their pushing protocols based on this, I mean all the honest players despise the bots as we view them as cheats and its no wonder we try to pop them at every chance we get. DO should really seriously consider this as I have an opinion that an algorithm could be produced to identify the bots and at the very least exclude pushing penalties in instances involving bots.

4. Thanks bud but DO is way past the level of morality. And what really opened my eyes to this company was back when I did get the pushing ban it was right after the first "helix blitz sale" rolled out into the game that I had just spent money on. And I was un-able to login for 14 days which surprise, surprise was the first 2 weeks of the hitac event for that month. Meaning I was effectively moved aside for "certain individuals" to reap the rewards of that event while nobody would stop them. This is where pushing bans were high as mccs saw an easy way to remove the competition even if it was just for 14 days.

This company is not one to make right its wrong doings. As that streak of madness is what kept the company going. And thats why the underlining problem is never cured but put under a slight handicap which ultimately has become a bigger problem than we had at first since pretty much any lone-wolf in the game who runs a zombie ship defends that ship with secondary accs that they wont think twice about getting pushing bans.

I forgive this game for their mistake but I honestly don`t think they will change. I have had hoped for it but realistically I don`t see that existence here anywhere in the game.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Bakjam likes this.