Stats and tactics for PvP - An Overview

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Okapi32, Dec 7, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Thread is back.

Updated it with some stuff regarding new formations and added in a group pvp section. Will continue adding stuff as I go along, especially since group pvp is a big section.
    If you have any questions with the what has been mentioned then please just mention them.

2. Thanks again! Also, bug or not I have seen hellstorms completely miss on occasion, PLD don't affect hellstorms, do they?

3. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Hmm when I was testing hellstorms I never saw any where all 5 rockets miss, let it run for about 50 shots, however I will test again to see if rockets can miss when fired just 1 by 1 and then work out the chance for an overall miss.
    Will also test PLD while I'm at it but I'm assuming that it does effect hellstorm accuracy because the description does not specifically mention lasers.

Edit: Just tried shooting individual hellstorm rockets, out of 100 individual rockets only 2 missed, so going off that result the chance of missing would be around 0.02% for 1 rocket.
    This means the chance of all 5 missing at once would be 0.0000000032%. :s

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  4. Lucky me :< thanks for doing the calculations :)

5. Hi!
    Is the Miss-Rate (8% with old Electro-optics) the same with the updated Electro-optics?
    2% (to 5%)4% (to 10%)6% (to 15%)8% (to 20%)12% (to 25%)
    (http://darkorbit.wikia.com/wiki/Skill_tree)

6. Owning peeps nice info appreciate the advice might win some PvP now cheers - Gen Hatch :)

7. hushing

hushing User

Hi Okapi32,

Can you please show in picture and explain step by step in details how to start rocket launcher manually for Tartarus ship that we can shoot 4 times in some seconds not just 3.

8. Sorry I am not Okapi32 but I can answer the question.

If you have the launcher button open (with the square boxes showing what is loaded) once a rocket is loaded hit it and it fires that single rocket. This can be done to speed up the firing of the launcher and allow you to do damage faster than waiting for all rockets to load and be fired. If you do not have the RL-CPU activated clicking on this button also starts the manual load of the launcher.

9. To do this, you must have the ring on and make sure that both configs are full shield before you fight.
    When the fight starts you use x4 and RSB, you wait until you have lost the 180% bonus shield, then you change config. Then wait until you've lost the 180% bonus on your other settings and then switch to a new training such as tweezers, drill or Chevron.
    Super simple stuff ^ ^
    Obviously depending on what training you will exchange for you will have to know when to change your shields. So I went from Ring to Drill so I had to wait until my shields were lower than if I were trading for Pincer or Chevron.
    The reason you want to use x4 and RSB during the ring phase is because of your enemy probably using SAB (if they are smart) to fight your ring damage. This will work for them however you will still be doing damage to your HP while not wasting any of your own shield since it is all bonuses and irrelevant once you switch to another training.
    If you are called a hacker to apparently have 4 different shields then you get the bonus point

From what I know the ring formation is 120% more shield, and formations of drones we do not have in the auction and are very expensive by uridium to buy all.

Which ships to use
    If we imagine that you will be going against another group that is as strong as you or fear that they may have the edge over you in numbers, then you will want everything in one Goliath and then one or two Citadels.
    Aegis is not useful in the PvP group.
    The impact your skills have on group PvP in 8 or more players is very minimal.
    "Aegis is not useful in PvP group."?
    It repairs 2x HP than a Solace:
    (+20%) + hercules (+20%) + boosters of hp (+50%) = 660,900 of hp and 330,480 Of repair.
    - while Aegis repairs 140,000 + 180,000 = 320,000 hp +75,000 shield regeneration, as well as starting in the game with 10% more HP than a Goliath
    -Aegis-Elite 120,000 + 300,000 = 420,000+ hp +60,000 shield regeneration.Although the group is double hp and more than 65% shield.

The reason a citadel is good to use is simply because it confuses the locks of enemies. If your enemies are good at PvP the first thing they will do is block the same person - a citadel can ruin all this as well as tanking a lot of damage. While your Citadel is absorbing damage you either try to kill or force at least 2 or 3 of the enemies away from the fight.
    -As with the recharge of her fortification ability carrying in 5 minutes while the other ships 2 minutes?

As for what Goliath is to use, Spectrum is usually the best option, but as long as you use the skill correctly, see below.
    Citadel
    As mentioned earlier, Citadel has two jobs. The main job is to ruin the lock of enemies. The second job is to book some damage.
    Draw fire- it is obviously how you are going to mess with blocking your enemies, the more your getting the better. If you can combine this skill with your "strength". Once the draw is over, it's best to make a good old EMP + Cloak.
    -As with the recharge of her fortification ability carrying in 5 minutes while the other ships 2 minutes?
    - And the fortification besides locking all abilities, making all other useless
    abilities still lasts 10s for a common Citadel or veteran and 8s for a Citadel Elite (less of the time that we need 15s).
    -And I must understand that the current Fortify description is wrong:
    This ability fortifies your ship with protective armor and increases its resistance to damage; However, it will immobilize your ship.

When in the end should it be written:
    This ability is the most time consuming recharge because it fortifies your ship with protective armor and makes you resist 50% of damage; However, it precludes your ship from using other skills.

This will once again leave all your enemies unlocked and they will have to find something new all causing you to waste time to get something to shoot.
    -While the wheel formation is disabled when we use Traveling then of what use to speak that with:
    = This ability briefly increases your ship's speed, so you can travel long distances.
    When in fact what happens is that:
    In the description of this formation wheel is said to encrement more speed does not speak that only Traveling will have losses using it (466/565 and with Travel on its speed drops to 450/540?), So tartarus and veng-lightining only have more speed With wheel formation and its speed abilities. And with 450/540 for 5s you travel FEW DISTANCES and it does not go very lon

You then uncloak and continue to fight your protection skill spam to once again tank more damage. Combine Protection and Insta shield together.
    If you survive to get another fire, then rinse and repeat.
    - How about 450/540 only to escape for small distance and not long distance?

Best configs for Citadel is a large shield, around 3mil with ring, in its slow configuration for all tanking with, and then a semi-decent damage config at its speed so you can still do the reasonable damage?
    -Best configs for Citadel is a large shield, around 3mil (3,000) with ring? It would not be 3 million or 3,000,000.
    Please how can I get 3,000,000 shields per configuration?

And the Citadel may have 20 shields on the ship, Aegis has 15 shields + 75,000 = 225,000 shield (22/23 slots shield).

How important is my P.E.T? (APP)
    Much.
    Using the speed setting to get the most out of the pet is critical. You want your opponent to be chasing you around the map - when they do this your pet can shoot then while your pet can not shoot you, what extra damage advantage for things like that wins fights.
    It is common to try to match the effect of pet kamikaze and ice rockets together to stop your opponent from being able to repair as they function as well as getting full use of kamikaze damage.

More kamikaze has a small field of attainment for aliens and still 75,000 damage is nothing since it does not directly hit the hp and depending on the player the damage goes almost all to the shield.

P.E.T Sacrifice (JPA)
    This is difficult. If you are running away from your opponent and need some emergency shield, block your pet and turn it into passive mode. SAB your pet and steal it's shield for your own. A pet goes all shields, not updated, will have 195k shield in both configs, which is almost 400k shield you can just take for yourself if you are in the race and need that little edge.
    Now I'll be honest, I do not even know if you can shoot your own P.E.T in JPA, it's been a while since I did this because it's very difficult to do since P.E.T is so hard to block.

More damage to my pet is bad for me, in addition to spending a lot of my municao of sugar shield, outside that suck 200k of shield by configuration delay depending on the damages. The pet could have a module that did this because to spend sugar shield municao so for this It is much beyond the uridium you will have to spend opening spaces for 15 or 17 pet shields + upgrades.

SAB + Havoc + Diamond (JPA)
    Do not have any CBOs? Come straight on like this! The main idea behind this is that you get so much shield back from the SAB that you make your CBO / SAB foes useless if they are using the more conventional congifs with more shield. Diamond formation only helps this tactic, however, obviously the large cut for your HP can be risky as the fight draws to an end. In your slow build you want 2 shells in your drones and be Havoc full. Its speed can be the same as above, 10-12 shields in drones and Hercules.
    Same as before, you want to start fighting in the Heart and change once having your first shot. Chevron and 3030s with technology is probably the best direct way to handle this, the faster you get your limited shield down the better.

Also the diamond regenerates up to 1% of 500,000 shields, that is, you can have 750,000 shields that will only repair 5,000 shields with it, and lose 30% of the HP using it.
    And it does not help because a player usually ranks more than 20,000 with x4 so although he has a lot of shield his hp will take high damages, then 5,000 of shield is not enough, besides to lose 30% of hp is very even for a Citadel (550,000 = 385,000) or Goly (256,000 = 179,200), Aegis does not lose as much so it gets (275,000 = 192,500) but can regenerate hp and shield which makes it very operative in the game with this formation.
    It would be better to lose 10% of hp And -20% functionality in shield regeneration abilities and Boosting Aegis Speed, and Tartarus would not gain as much advantage from this formation as ships from Citadel (550,000 = 495,000) and Goliaths (256,000 = 230,400). Aegis (275,000 = 247,500 + 12,500 shield regeneration force) and Tartarus (260,000 = 234,000 and 500 speed) with this formation.

I know the Dome is more than only 0.5% regeneration, so you have to already have in a configuration more than 775.000 of shield to regenerate little more than 5,000 of shield outside to lose speed and damages, that already will be few to have this shield Above. I know that it has no more limits its shield has then that you can have a shield of 1.000.000 by 1.300.000 with the Domo, you will regenerate maximum of 6,500 of shield. Against a player giving damage of more than 20,000 to You will not be able to get away with it. It would be better for her to give 1.5% shield regeneration per second and lose 25% of speed and damage. It would be better and no worse than Diamond .

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017