System requirements to play this game

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by GREEN-GREEN-GRASS, May 4, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. What are they?

2. use [External Link Removed] link mate for EVERY game you want to run to your pc
    hope this help you

Last edited by moderator: May 5, 2014
  3. I'm afraid to say Dark Orbit is not on that list...

4. a bank cards and alot of free time as the system requirements change with every update

5. check this link HERE plz
    indeed its not on that list

6. -Corex-

-Corex- User

I would say this game requires LOTS of processor and RAM, video not much

Since Flash player doesnt use Multi-cores, its useless to have 8 cores on a cpu since its only gonna use 1, so what matters on a processor FOR THIS GAME, would be the ammount of Ghz.. above 3,0Ghz should be fine

About RAM, 4GB should be Ok for this game, 8GB is optimal for all games

About video.. i would say 256Mb or 512Mb (128-Bit) is fine for darkorbit

i have:
    FX-6100 3.3Ghz 6 Cores
    8GB RAM @ 1600Mhz
    2GB Video ASUS HD 7850 (256-bit) OC @ 1000 Mhz

I run this game with all full graphics at 60fps, but when it starts to get busy, like on a pvp or killing something it drops from 60fps to 45 or 40, when cubing is like 25fps

got a beast rig but i still get drops

The requeriments im not sure, but this game either is bad optimized or demands alot of CPU lol

7. -Corex-, you know DarkOrbit and desktop applications (apart from benchmarking and stress test apps) run on 2D clocks right? 1Ghz 3D clocks on your HD7850 wont have any effect on DarkOrbit, hence your slowdowns :p, read up about editting your profile manually to boost 2D clocks (My 2D clocks run at stock 3D clock values - 850 core/1200 memory, Default - 137 core/300 memory).

On the basis of system requirements of Darkorbit:

CPU

A Multi-core CPU will ALWAYS benefit a game like DarkOrbit (as its flash based). With 4 cores, for example:

Core 1 - Flash Player content
    Core 2 - Windows Services
    Core 3 - Music Application which may be running
    Core 4 - Other Programs or Background services (most probably the Browser your are using)

Now picture a Dual Core CPU:

Core 1 - Flash Player content and Other Programs or Background services (most probably the Browser your are using)
    Core 2 - Windows Services and Music Application which may be running

Or a Single Core CPU:

Core - Controls EVERYTHING, which will cause stress and slowdown, and generate more heat, which causes slowdown in the longrun.

Anything above a 1.8Ghz Dual/Quad Core CPU will handle it, based on the fact you don't have CPU heavy application(s) running at the time, will run DarkOrbit fine. Most CPU's nowadays are controlled by Speed Stepping technology programmed into the BIOS, this is dodgy when it comes to flash content, as the Stepping may kick in when only one core is being used by Flash Player, and drop the CPU down a notch speed wise to save power consumption and CPU life term.

GPU (Graphics Card)

Add a decent GPU to the mix, preferably with 512mb to 1gb of RAM or higher (DDR5 preferable or higher). Most browsers now use GPU Compositing to render and display pages faster, also Flash Player is using GPU's more and more now, and with a few tweaks you can find on the net to do with manually editted GPU clock speeds, will make things even tastier. If you open the FireFox task manager within the browser, you can see how much Video RAM is actually being consumed by the browser.

RAM (Physical Memory)

Now, physical memory, the RAM of your system, this can vary depending on your Operating System, go back to Windows XP, you can get away with 2GB easy, as OS's progressed, so did the background services and software (also Microsoft's awesome coding skillz), so 4GB seems to be the bare minimum you can run with.

Unseen Settings

Many many factors can contribute to a bad gaming experience, you can have the best hardware ever in your rig, but if you don't tinker with internal settings and/or BIOS settings, you will find a bottleneck of which you can get passed via some interesting mucking around.

Browser

Also think about which browser your using, Firefox is decent, as it comes with its overly tweakable about:config settings field where you can squeeze every little drop of power out of your browser boosting hardware. Chrome also has these options, but they come in the form of Command Line Switches (Example: Chrome.exe -blah).

Unseen Settings

The Page File of your system also comes into play, this is the area of your HDD which is used by windows as virtual memory, or VRAM. As your physical RAM becomes used, any data which isn't needed or has become unused for sometime is written to disk, and later, when needed again, is rewritten to physical RAM. The Page File is mainly used by windows itself to store certain elements or data used by its own services. Researching on Page File's and finding out your best custom setting is always wise, for example, -Corex-, I read 8GB RAM or more can actually mean you can disable your page file altogether.

Don't bother with setting Flash Player details to Low via the right click menu, it does nothing, in the old days of DarkOrbit, it did, but it does next to nothing now apart from lower some font detail.

My Specs

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Kentsfield) @ 2.4Ghz
    Graphics: Sapphire HD5770 1GB Vapor-X (Flashed With Asus BIOS with 2D clocks OC'd)
    RAM: 4GB Corsair XMS PC6400 @ 400Mhz

Lots of modifications have been made to my system via the BIOS and from within Windows 8 itself of which I will not state here incase people wander off to melt parts of their system.

But, with this system, my DarkOrbit experience is perfect, don't go splashing out on an uber PC or Gaming Rig, as this won't change anything when it comes to low level applications like Flash Player which don't embrace your full system potential.

If you are playing games along the lines of the Crysis series, CoD series, or FarCry series, then a Gaming Rig is what you want.

Your friendly forum techy,

LAGI.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. Thanks for the advice everyone,

And are there any laptops out there you would advise using?

9. yes mate
    anything but not the cheapest of HP - SONY - TOSHIBA - ASUS
    do not go for china made non brand name machines on laptops
    avoid glossy screeens - too many reflections
    also good to expand its waranty IF u can afford it
    also good to get a GOOD transport case for ur laptop

but if laptop is not total nessesary do not go for laptop .. get a tower pc
    cheaper
    more reliable
    more power
    more expandable
    u can get any brand u want ; just select cpu gpu etc u need

10. Thanks for the answers, i'll take a look and see what i may buy, and post it here, I'll be 19 in June and hopefully heading of to uni, i'm playing on the most rubbish toshiba ever, and when i go it'll be used for work.......

I've been advised on a Asus, so i'll be looking for one of them, but if there are any types of laptops anyone would recommended it'd be greatly appreciated. I cant get a tower PC, it's to much of a pain in the rear end and i cant use it on the go.

11. 1st forgotten to tel u my loved one brand in laptops - DELL !!! -awesom support - awesom quality
    2nt all (i think) these TOP brands have game series laptops - if u will gaming a lot on ur laptop look for theirs game series - these are MADE FOR GAMES