Testing: Ship Customization

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, May 11, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello everyone,

It looks like we haven't a feedback thread for ship customization tests yet so here's another for you :)

As always, your feedback on this test would be much welcomed!

Please keep the rules in mind & lets try to keep it constructive and on topic :}

Regards,

2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

If it were possible to transfer equipment between ships that do not have the exact same equipment slots then it would be perfect.

As it stands right now its a big improvement from the last version but being unable to transfer equipment between a Surgeon and another Goliath just because the Surgeon has 16 generator slots (as opposed to the 15 on all other Goliath) is pretty annoying.

KrisKelvin and Silviu like this.
  3. Silviu

Silviu User

I can't really log into the spacemap, and neither can i mess around with the equipment because it says my ship is not at the station.

And yeah, i agree with Okapi that you should be able to transfer configs between other non identical ships from an equipment slots standpoint.

And, is this upgrade making the EiC obsolete and forgotten? Because in my opinion it seems kind dumb to rework the equipment and ships on the backpage if in just a few months you're planning to remove them to make room for EiC.

Or EiC will stand as an interface for the active ship only? If that so, then the button to acces it should be placed in the Warp window to avoid clogging up our screen. I like it as clean as possible.

4. Viper2012

Viper2012 User

I can't get into space. Everytime I log in it says establishing connection... and can't even change anything in hanger even I tryed to change the company it move my ship to X-1 but still same issue.

5. same as above

6. eT3RnitY

eT3RnitY User

I have tried this feature for the first time tonight, and it feels awesome, really. :) I like that design, and how are things positioned.

The equipment transfer is amazing feature, something I have always wanted to see in the game. About that I won't comment more, I will just say that I agree 100% with @Okapi32 :

7. WiccaDio

WiccaDio User

I like how everything is set up. I dont know if there is a priority for higher leveled items (haven tried it)
    What i mean is, when you transfer stuff from one ship to another, and another ship has less slots (like mentioned above) will it just fill the ship with random stuff (LF4 lvl1 and not all LF4 lvl 16?)

Higher leveled equipment should have a higher priority ID on it that equips all of those first and then next level lower has lower priority ID than the level above it but higher than the level below it.

I know when you (SHIFT + mouse click) a group of equipment and (CONTROL + CLICK) to equip or drag and drop it randomly chooses what to fill those slots with rather than prioritizing higher level equipment first.

Thats all I have, ill test more tonight

8. There is no information regarding where each ship you own is. Some people like to have their ships in different maps. Also instead of having every single design why don't we just have the stock designs and then once clicked on a drop down menu appears with all the designs that you own for that ship. Might make it less messy. i.e not having over 20 different goli designs scattered around the menu.

Also what other people have pointed out and that's being able to transfer equipment between two ships with different numbers of slots.
    Thinking about it, it might be a good idea to be able to save set ups so you could use the delete config option change ships and then load a saved config that goes straight onto your chosen ship. Then being able to save configs for each ship you own. For example having 3 saved configs for a goli like for gates, quests or PVP. That would save loads of time messing about.:D

WiccaDio likes this.
  9. WiccaDio

WiccaDio User

I think they should have the icons like they do, but, like you mentioned, the stock designs and when you click into those designs, have it go to a new page with all designs under that ship type same style. I do like how its laid out, and i agree with you it is very random and messy.

10. I can't test hangar as it wont load for me...

11. So are all Goliath designs going to be set as individual ships or is this just for testing purposes? And I too would like to be able to take items from a goli to an aegis where the 5 extra lasers on ship are just left in inventory.

12. In previous feedback thread RickDekerd stated the designs would only be the Cosmetic Designs everything else is going to be a ship, as to prevent the confusion of what is Cosmetic and what is Stat Design.

13. Is they a glitch with Surgeon and hangar ?? cos others can get hangar to load when I can't... if any1 knows

14. Also, please can the DEV team swap the full screen option and the log out option back to where they were. Thanks. No idea why they changed it:confused:

15. I can understand separating skill designs but there would be no need to separate passive designs from their default ship as they dont have skills.I`d like to be able to fly my goli change between surgeon,enforcer, bastion, exhalted and so on while being able to place a crimson design over any of them without having to "Transfer configs" over and over -_-

16. ]ГоРн[

]ГоРн[ User

That's what I noticed on the test (I apologize for my google translation):
    1. The idea in general, I like it, but even with the great experience of playing in the DO, I had, as it were to re-investigate. How to put another ship, and how to build a hangar ... ??? The No button prompts.
    2. By passing that hangar long time to load, I noticed that when installing the equipment on the ship / Droid / PET (but especially on the ship), often disconnects. Disconnects while shopping in the store (acquired lining for PET) and asks to restart the page. This is a hindrance.
    3. On the droids I set design by Demon, but on the map lettering droids white, and should be orange.
    [​IMG]

KrisKelvin likes this.
  17. sorry for this but only testing something

18. KrisKelvin

KrisKelvin User Team DarkOrbit

This is correct. :)

19. KrisKelvin

KrisKelvin User Team DarkOrbit

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into all reports.

Special thanks to early birds, who chatted to me on the test instance today morning and shared thoughts and concerns. You are extremely helpful :)

20. HI KrisKelvin, here are the screen shots I was chatting to you about on Test server, I have my Pusat active, and you can see hangars 1,3,4,5 are highlighted and each has the same Pusat on, hangar 2 has a surgeon loaded and I can find this in my hangar system, not the Pusat, I have loaded a pic showing the top of my hangar section as well as a pic showing the alphabetical section for where a Pusat would be if it was not active.
    http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag113/pjhartslief/test server pusat_zpsc5pns0tc.gif
    http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag113/pjhartslief/test server pusat2_zpsodxzp2gq.gif

[​IMG] 100756834

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.