The best way to spend my uridium.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Trolldor, Dec 8, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Trolldor

Trolldor User

Hello there.

I am a "new" player back to the game after a 4-5 years, I saw one of my friends was playing the game and said okay I should play it with him. So here I am on a new account and a new server playing for a month. I have 8 Irises so far, 4 LF-3, 7 BO-2 and 2PP. Since the start of my adventure I have gathered more then 65k Uridium and now I am asking for your help to advise me the way to spend it. (I was thinking in buying more logdisk)

Thank you.

2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

I would agree with you, best putting it towards your pilot bio.

3. I would either suggest upgrades (really costly, its I believe 105k uri to upgrade 1 item from lvl 1 to 16 if you go by 100% every upgrade) or pilot bio, at least till you have fats (18 is the lowest?, actually id say do the 21 points for it. You'll have a bit more defenses. For 18 pp it is 1,298,700 and for 21 it is 1,464,300 [if you aren't prem or have rebate and whatnot])

If you ask me the most important things to get are as follows (not in order);
    1) Apis / Zues (only open golden boxes, itll drop both)
    2) Havocs, Hercs (retrievable from blue/red booty boxes only if you use real money or through gates [zeta = havocs / kappa = hercules])
    3) Lf4s (retrievable from normal booty boxes, the green ones, as well as the golden booty boxes [you should save keys for the increased lf4 days though]. Also retrievable from the galaxy gate, Epsilon.)
    4) Pilot Bio (can give many benefits and can be set to a certain play style as well as changed if you want to go for something else later in the game. Be aware that every reset will cause the next reset to be double the uridium.)
    5. Upgrades (as I mentioned they are costly, if you do 100% per upgrade for every item for your ship + drones it comes up to 8,000,000 uridium used for 35 lasers, 35 shield gens, 10 drones (i excluded the pet's equipment which is another 10 lasers and I believe 15 shields).

If you do reply with your play style (mostly how you wish to aquire uridium; being pallying + gates , boxing , npc + quests) I can suggest what I would get in my pilot bio as well possibly a rough guideline as to how I would go about it.

In case you did not know:
    Havoc drone design: Will ONLY give you benefits if you have ALL your CURRENT drones have the design, example if you have 2 drones and 2 havocs put them on and you will receive the damage boost the havocs yield. They give +10% damage to whatever damage your drones would do.) Also the drop rate is said to be 33% from Zetas but who knows.
    Hercules drone design: Will give benefits immediately, that being +15% shields to the drone you equip with this design. If you have enough hercs to fill your drones then you get an additional benefit of +20% hp. Drop rate said to be 25% from Kappa.
    Lf-4s : simply do 200 damage and are the strongest laser currently in the game.

Link for pilot bio costs:
    http://darkorbit.wikia.com/wiki/Pilot_Points_Cost_Table

4. Bio first, upgrades won't do much for you now, minimum points for fats is 21, I'd suggest 24 though to have shield engineering maxed. Pally for Zeta's > use keys on Zeus day > get Lf4's and Zeus and Apis parts > 50 log disks each > 50k uridium each, for the win. Though Kappa's are nice and fun to lol.

5. Railgunner

Railgunner User

I agree pretty much with everyone here. I personally would go for maximizing my shield in the pilot bio and then go for what you need to get fats. You could also continue getting LF-3s and BO2s.

jackknife likes this.
  6. jackknife

jackknife User

Hows your skylab? Probably good. Buy lf3 and BO2s on auction save uri for what only uri buys. PP s are a very good investment. So are up grades. Good luck. I'm going for pp 1st, but have saved a portion of uri for upgrades if i ever hit 25% off upgrade hour.

7. Tarron

Tarron User

if you are going for pp first, and going to be shooting aliens for uri i would recommend alien hunter over fats. fats help in pvp, but in the present while you are still too weak for pvp fats won't help much. alien hunter will increase your earning capacity while bounty hunter will only make you hit a little harder until you pop. you can reset your pp later for a small fee when you are stronger and bounty hunter will actually help you.

8. Trolldor

Trolldor User

I would like to thank to all of you that replied to this thread, your suggestions certainly were helpful. Today we got an log disk discount so I am buying as much as possible during the time. So far I managed to collect from 2 PP up to 10 PP.

This thread can now be closed, as the purpose of it it's fulfilled.

9. I should have been in me - Venom - take out my teeth and 'Start bitin' - LOL