The Salvo

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by VESPID, Jan 10, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. VESPID

VESPID User

Hmmm.....Another lack of real answers.
    Lets try cutting the modifier a bit.

2. Okay, just to clear this up a little more, TheTaser(V) was close with his math, but he said that it was 300k+ damage per rocket. The number was right but his math calculated per shot of 4 rockets, not each rocket, just so that is clear. 300k per shot not per rocket. However, this idea is still bad, no one would ever want a ship that only fires rockets. Even if you were using PLT-3030 rockets, that would be super expensive, even at the slow rate that they fire normally non-premium, you could go through a lot of them really quickly, make it fire 4 at a time and 50% faster than lasers, and you could go through a thousand of them in a minute, and at 7 uri a piece, that would mean 7k uri a minute. Now does that seem very realistic to you? This is stupid, you need to seriously consider never thinking ever again. Thank you.

3. VESPID

VESPID User

PLT-3030's aren't the only rockets that can be used, I must have overlooked that minor discrepancy of Tasers but the point he got across was the answer I understood.
    Also the r.o.f. has been increased to laser speed.
    Oh and you'll have to bring a better game than that against me.
    Thank you for trying....

4. Well, there is a heavy lack of support for your idea, so it will not be looked at by the devs, they'l; create their own version

5. Four Rockets at a time... I'm not even sure that's possible, never mind viable.

-1 from me. :(

6. VESPID

VESPID User

@KilerStreak Then mission accomplished!!!
    If it isn't possible for the forum to create, evolve or even agree on an idea with potential, then perhaps the Dev team can take the idea in whole or in part to create the new tech that they may realize a need for.

My will is done regardless of your opinions and comments.
    The need for the Dev team to seek out downed ideas does not reflect badly on the OP's that offer the ideas.
    It reflects badly on all of the nae sayers.

As always, thank you for trying...lol

7. I did specifically add all of the segments separately, saying I am adding X5 as Vespid suggested and X4 for the rockets. And I also rounded DOWN so the damage could possibly be higher.
    Well, I didn't say it, but it sure matches what I think.

As for changing it to x3 Vespid, can I ask what the point of an all rocket ship doing 200k damage per shot is? First of all, overpowered. Second of all, it's not for noobs. A noob would end up spending more, because rockets are more expensive than lasers. Also, a noob doesn't have the uridium for a rocket launcher upgrade. (approx. 90k uri)
    I'm glad you took part of my suggestion and lowered the damage. Perhaps you could scrap this idea period?

8. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

That is all it will be, fun.

9. VESPID

VESPID User

You're right about this ship not being for noobs, it is for FE.
    The price of the rockets by comparison to the laser is for the most part comperable or perhaps slightly more.
    Surely any FE pilot can afford it.
    Regarding the damage"200K" I have been lead to believe by a few comments in this post that an UFE Big Boy can do similar damage.

10. Now with 16k per rocket(chevron, sep, and bio) the ship does 64,000 damage per rocket volley(4 fired) and 128,000 damage with a level 16 rocket launcher. The thing is, this doesn't help noobs because rockets are more expensive than lasers. Firing a 2026 rocket at a streuner actually results in a loss of credits because it costs 500 to buy and the streuner gives 400. Firing two 2026 at a lordakia once again produces a loss of credits because it costs 1k credits and the lordakia gives 800.

128,000 damage per rocket salvo is ridiculous. Add a cooldown time to it, like 5 seconds maybe, or perhaps the cooldown time of the PLD rockets.

Maybe you could make a ship that fires lasers?(oh wait, there's already 10 of them and they all work:p.)

11. VESPID

VESPID User

Well yea, but even if a pilot were to arrange perma feeding sep to their rockets, would they really waste their time and sep on lordakia and streuners???

Considering the fact that YOU were the only one smart enough to realize the damage potential in the same post that other forum members pointed out the possibility of that kind of damage without this ship I say why not???

You have more than proven that this ship will work too........Thank you.
    I now consider you a pillar of the forum.

12. Vespid, we are still pointing out the flaws with your design. This design is too costly to be effective. No one will want to fly it, except you.

13. VESPID

VESPID User

This is a ship, not a design.
    Thank you for trying....

14. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Does it matter? If you are really that immature to understand what he is saying, then you should just stop.

15. Perma-feeding sep?o_O? You send 8,000 seprom to your ship and put it on your rockets. Tada. You now have enough seprom for a really long time. It is a shame that I seem to be the only on able to do math:rolleyes:jk. Yes, this ship will work, but it is overpowered. A leonov firing 3030s doing 40k damage a shot can be extremely deadly. This does even more damage and has a few more hitpoints as well. That is why I suggested a cooldown time on the rocket salvo.
    Also, I don't think anyone wants to have a ship that doesn't fire lasers.
    And thank you for not considering me a useless forum user anymore.

16. VESPID

VESPID User

well, I have no problem dropping HP to stream line it.
    Would that suffice???

17. First of all, this ship shouldn't exist, but in the hypothetical situation we are in, yes, dropping hp might help.

18. VESPID

VESPID User

Kewl....

19. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

Hey this is the one you were talking about huh, looks cool

20. VESPID

VESPID User

Yea this ship would make saving sepped laser ammo too easy.