[SC] The Zephyr (what they don't tell you)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by STARLIGHTHUSTLE, Dec 27, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I was very disappointed to find out the "momentum ability resets to "0" every time you jump a portal. I always take any new ships out for a test drive with my best resources when I first get them and I am so relieved I didn't spend any real money on this under weaponized hunk of junk. Such a pretty ship should have been designed to rival the Cyborg .
    Now it sits mothballed next to the other latest disappointment , The "Disruptor"
    As in all threads , there is bound to be someone out there who claims he can turn a Phoenix into a killing machine and I welcome any and all constructive replies. I have yet to confront one in battle and was wondering how much URI or USD would it take to make this a formidable weapon. Either way It's not a ship that I will waste my time rearming .

2. I tested the ship out, and it doesn't reset your momentum to 0 after jumping a portal

From x-7 map to x-8 and then my last stop onto x-6 all 20 of my momentum retained from my charges.

EDIT: From what i can tell, the ship is pretty much almost useless to entirely useless, considering the fact that the ship's only ability is to get a speed boost of 30% when having a total of 20 charges for 20 seconds helps a lot in huge maps like the Labyrinth or 4-5, but the ship isn't mainly a good pvp ship since it barely has anything to fight other ships into that regard it sucks.

3. EZYpzy123

EZYpzy123 User

Is the range increase significant? ie can you shoot npcs without them shooting you and could you also shooting players without them being able to shoot back cos your range is higher?

Also how long are the cool-downs for both abilities?

4. The momentum range increase isn't entirely effective, barely even noticeable and there is no details about range on this game either, no exact measurement and estimation or units to determine the range, they just say it as server units.

I tried shooting something from afar, doesn't really seem to look like there's a difference between with or without the effect increase in range.

EDIT: They could have made it something like a toggled active skill that increases speed same as the tartarus ability but with increased damage in pve but 50% decrease damage in pvp and reduce the Triple barrage ability cooldown by 80% since 10 minutes is ridiculous for a small amount of damage, i would accept it if the damage dealt is around almost 700k damage in total

EZYpzy123 likes this.
  5. EZYpzy123

EZYpzy123 User

Read somewhere once that the lf4 range is 600. So with momentum it should be 700 range. [removed]

Last edited by moderator: Dec 29, 2019
  6. well, just for clarifying

1. if you kill 20 aliens you'll get the momentum, but if you jump to anoter map it will reset to 0, now, kill 20 aliens and you'll get again momentum, then, go back to the previous map and... WOOW!!! you're 20 charges are back... seems that each map has a buffer (or a bug) LOL
    2. the 700 range will serve well when killing some big alien but if you're using overdrived lasers it will make worth of 525 range (25% reduction), so 600 normal lf4s (enhanced too) will fit better than the lasers with overdrive function.

Yes, the ship needs a lot of review

P.D.: the disruptor was a good ship during the "test server" release, then it was nerfed so bad that the vengies could take it down with ease.... :(.

7. EvilHotDog

EvilHotDog User

Hi,

I am moving to Speakers Corner. I will leave open as long as it does nt turn into a rant/flaming thread.

Thanks

EHD

8. I share your disappointment, but what was Bigpoint to do? Let players experiment with it in the test server to see for themselves how bad it actually is? :rolleyes:

9. It doesn't seem to matter about what ship it is. Once it is introduced to the main game; there will be complaints about it's abilities (pro and con). It seems a lot of it depends on players acceptance of the new ship, whichever one you want to talk about.
    Mostly if it goes against what the garbage-scow goliaths can do or the vengeance, players cannot accept that there could be a 'technology increase'; similar to real life.
    Many nerfs occur; then the result is debate over why it is even there.
    The same sort of complaint is heard about a design costing the same price as a base ship.... if it does not change ability, then it's just a paint job.
    P.E.T. cost with respect to fuel is in the same boat. The P.E.T. should be equipped with the same, no-cost-to-player, motive power as ships and drones have and eliminate the very silly fuel charge.
    I doubt it will ever change; so why bother pointing the same sort of stuff out each time a ship or other change takes place?

10. the zephyr needs a buff my hits are like 1/2 from cyborg
    whit cyborg i hit 13k without seprom and with 20k and as for zephyr my hits are like 7k whithout sep and whit 13k
    i think it needs more lasers and a bonus dmg to npcs
    i was not in test server that time

11. I understand that the status quo is frustrating but, if WE as players do not say anything when we are unhappy then things WILL never change. Even if things don't change we have to speak up otherwise we have only ourselves to blame. I remember when an FE Enforcer was the ship to have and the ship to beat. And now look . They never give you anything without taking something away. I don't even worry about getting popped anymore like I used to because there are too many cheats and MCC's .So that being said, all there is to do is play on .The game will either ,get better or get worse .When it becomes unplayable or no fun to play then I'll just have to find something else to spend some money on and occupy my time.