[TI] Client not loading. 13feb2016 10:26est usa1

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by LYSSA, Feb 13, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well we all know that you and the DO Team are working to resolve the issue. We also know that there are many impatient players, including myself. However all we can do is wait, and hope the issue will be resolved in a timely matter. Thanks for keeping us posted Solid

2. Just as a small update as of 4:17 i am able to start a successful game session on dark orbit. it might be fixed for now.

3. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Seems it may be now for the moment. I can't guarantee how that will persist for the moment.
    You're welcome & thank you
    Yes, just got it to load for me. We'll see if it holds up.

We do have an update; it appears DarkOrbit has been getting DDoS'd, so while they are doing what they can against this it still takes its toll. Again, we can only apologize for the inconvenience for this in the meantime if this continues.

Regards,

4. lampas

lampas User

It so not working here neither since 04:24 P.M.
    It was working fine till that time :(

5. Fernando

Fernando User

Working on US East 3 (US4). These DDoS must be strong to do this to DO :eek:

6. Solid, the main page is acting up again..Might want to have techs look at it again

7. Solid_Eye

The team's on it. Would seem the DDoSing is a bit come & go, hence (at least in part) why things have been touch & go this weekend.

Regards,
    [disclaimer: I'm not very techie ;p]

8. Yep its down again

9. ty Solid

10. Is it going to be safe to buy uri in 30 mins or is there a chance i wouldn't get the uri .. even tho i can't spin my gate atm , rethinking of buying now

11. Solid_Eye

yw
    If you are able to purchase uridium you should get it. If for some reason you haven't received it within an hour you may then need to contact support with the transaction information so they can help get it sorted for you.

Regards,

12. Dangerous

Dangerous User

How is it a DDoS attack, if for example, people on the west coast can connect to the west server without a problem, but people on the east coast can't? Wouldn't it be down for both, east and west?

13. Solid_Eye

Not always, sometimes specific servers are targeted rather than all. I'm not proficient in the whole DDoS realm to be able to explain details or how it all works in the end though.

Regards,

14. Dangerous

Dangerous User

That's my question though. Why is it that some people can connect to US but other can't? Sounds to me like a firewall issue rather than a DDoS attack.

15. Got to remember, this is a cloud server.. ddos is simply a bunch of mordons hitting the same server at once.. ie.. most U.S. peeps are hitting a server in Dalas, Tx. The forum is on a server in Germany (nginx). All it takes it too many hits on the same server at the same time to over-whelm it.

Ω

Since its a cloud server, could be bad DO peeps mad that they got caught cheating and were banned, or any of the other companies who are hosted on the same server.. Who knows..
    Also, we don't know how many servers Incapsula is running.

Ω

Last edited by moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  16. Solid_Eye

My understanding is that the DDoS wasn't limited to Bigpoint, but other parts of the internet as well which could have interfered with some of the traffic and connections people go through to connect to DarkOrbit so there is some who may have been unaffected & thus able to play.

I haven't heard any new reports or updates that suggest this is still an issue at this point in time so I am going to go ahead and close this one out now as it seems to be behind us :)

Many thanks again for those who provided info, and for everyone's patience

-Closing-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.