Time Limit on portal

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by GHOSTofMarz, May 24, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uhm actually Im UFE, and I dont have a hard time getting kills, but as biohazard stated, too many players are at port AFK. Sooner or later the pvp quest will get removed because players dont play and stay at port alot. And I take it that you my friend must be a small player who does nothing more than box and run to port. If you dont like my idea, just say you dont like it, there is no need to say its the stupidest idea, just disagree.

2. "PvP Quests will get removed"

No, it's a PvP game lol.

3. SauronL

SauronL User

no , please

4. Seraphim

Seraphim User

NO NO NO NO NO
    As much as I hate it when gobby noobs sit on port, firing off their verbal diarrhoea like a minigun; it's unfair to remove the demil zone.
    Let's assume you're far away from x-1/x-8 maps.
    • Perchance you need to have a look at a forum post mentioned by someone in game; you sit on port, check the post and eventually go boom.
    • Perchance you need to answer the call of nature; you sit on port, answer the call of nature and eventually go boom.
    • Perchance you need to do something on the backpage; be it bidding on an item/ upgrading an item/ purchasing uridium or checking a clan related thing; you sit on port, check backpage and eventually go boom.

5. SauronL

SauronL User

If they will put that idea out , they can count peoples on servers on fingers :confused:

6. There has to be some safe place in the map... but if u catch say a vru between the 1-3 and 2-3 portal they only have 15 second demil then u can fire. I would still have to disagree w your idea... and i have 8k ship kills. A little patience and stealth .. get them when they go to grab an alien.

7. the pause sign above peoples ships

8. there are many reasons why someone would be at port afk or talking but don't like the idea. i will sit at a port just to talk to my clan mates as I don't play no more. To all those who tell others to just log out what difference would it make if they logged out or was in a safe zone either way you can't get them. But no time limits on ports not needed.

9. Silviu

Silviu User

I really don't care about your ship, but think about it, all the new players (who are very few) wouldn't be able to kill on kristallon, then the game would die for good in a couple of months. So what i said before, still stands.

There were always people afk in ports all over the game, but before there were much more players, so i don't see the point. If you can't kill a ship because it runs to port, then work harder on your ship. If 2 ufe ships go on a portal full of ships, and one starts shooting them, he has no time to jump. There are PvP maps where you'll find ports with no dmz, so please, go there and stop complaining about it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    ~~Dark~Star~~ likes this.
  10. VESPID

VESPID User

Why not make the time limit for pilots outside their home maps?
    If they aren't going to get anyone just make them leave by teleporting them to their X-1 maps.

11. There is a time limit to those maps actually.
    And you know something, no one is her complaining, we are here stating our opinions. I think folks are just scared of the challenge. I mean if you are supposed to be the better player in the game (not speaking of you) then, show it by not relying on AFKs at port. Or maybe, the higher the level ship the time limit begins after you are say uhm 20th level. IM here trying to make ideas that will make this game interesting. No one is saying to limit the demil for 25 seconds, but atleast lower it from its usual time of 10 mins. Maybe after 7 mins, you shouldbe logged out for in activity

12. Next point i wanna bring up is the fact people say well i leave game to go to restroom, well that is why premium members of dark orbit have 5 second log out. DO devs dont want you afk in the game they want you moving around off ports making people use money :S As I stated to before I find a noob he goes to port sits there for next 3 hours I go to a different map come back he is still on port, or I am in Uppers and there is like 20 people just cracking jokes on port not even daring to move a centimeter. Something needs to be done to get peeps off ports :p

13. There is a time limit - it is called inactivity :p

14. Lol i do not want to to be getting loged of by system, besides does not help with the ones who just sit and chat :O

15. But some people just want to sit at port and talk on chat.... its just part of the game. Let em sit and talk its not hurting anyone.

16. That is fine, use TS then if you wanna talk, but if you are gonna talk in the game, atleast play the dang thing lol. I mean seriously, these servers are dying because of the lack of participants and the players that just stay at port all day long lol

17. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

For some, the incentives for playing are gone

18. Bad idea, as this would open a way for a group of bigger players to farm player kills which would destroy the game.1 big factor that should get most attention is way to not allow player farming as its been the reason many games have died away.

19. lemme ask you all this, how long do you think a player should be afk before they can be shot down?

20. What kind of crap is this, how is this thread still open to begin with, secondly, PvP quests being removed because people like to sit on ports? That doesn't even make sense, a very bad arguement for this idea indeed, this idea still sucks and refer to my post on page one for further insight as to why. Actually I'll just quote it for you.

You want time limits on ports because someone likes to sit and chat or they're just camped on port or they're AFK, I'm sure you'd start hating this idea when you start going boom on ports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.