[SC] Time to call it?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by JediThorson, Dec 18, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. So, for the best part of a week now, nothing has worked right.

Tonight, everything, seemed, fine. Until the labyrinth opened, that the game totally failed, again.

So, I'll miss tomorrow, and try again Sunday. If it's not fixed by then, I'll declare the game dead and say my goodbyes.

Anyone what to place bets on what will happen?

_oversoulpaul_ and BloodofHeros like this.
  2. GodFreak

GodFreak User

BOTS will manage to play but not real players...LOL:p:D:rolleyes:

_oversoulpaul_ likes this.
  3. Yea dont have to tell me I was on yesterday and lost the mission that would have gave me 10 free LD but a Ultra Elite player got me before I was done with mission and I couldn't get mission after that and this was in the same 24 time frame.

4. Sagturius

Sagturius User

I can't get anything to work on the new global server. Yesterday I could not log in. Today I can log in, but cant function in the game. I can't lock aliens. I can click on a few boxes, but then they stop responding as well. Guess I will be playing Diablo tonight. It works great and cost less money!

5. Congratulations! You have purchased tons of stuff! Now, play the game and enjoy the stuff you purchased!
    ....wait.... Am I missing the "play the game" part, or is it just me?

6. dimzoulos

dimzoulos User

7. Can't understand it myself been month's now that i have totally quit the game cause i have had enough of purchasing stuff and never getting to use it, and each time support says they no longer help individuals with compensation.
    So in other words thanks for your money now go get screwed, this in my eye's is fraud so i chose to quit.
    Since then every time i login to the forums all the post's are about a broken game that they won't fix.
    Just wonder how many red light's have to go off before all other legit players see what is going on with the game and stop playing,cause why would they drop the game when even when it doesn't work players are still investing money into it?
    Just so you all know there are lot's of other games with no issues that cost little or no money to play.

8. Couldn't agree with you more!
    I am (or was) a die hard fan of this game but , it just keep getting worse and worse. The new client freezes if you minimize it for any length of time , space map won't load during event and game freezes when you try to jump a portal.
    If I were on the client right now , by the time I finished this post it would be locked up and nothing short of closing it and re opening would work. Wish they would have figured out some way to save "Flash Player" (for public use) and make it more secure .
    However , that being said, it still would not fix "Dark Orbit" , yet it would still be better than the new client server.
    Not much else to say that wouldn't be redundant .
    The vultures are circling . It's only a matter of time.

-hydro1-(yce) and _oversoulpaul_ like this.
  9. yip...5 days downtime, and not a hint of compensation to be seen..........:)tumbleweed rolls:)

10. Sagturius

Sagturius User

I was back up and running yesterday.

11. OK, so, I admit, I got bored and played last night. And of course tonight as well.

So far at least, it seems everything is back to normal. So, THE GAME LIVES!

it is however, still on the critical list and life support!

It's clear from all the complaints in the forums and the issues you still see in game that there is sill much to be done if the game is to be saved. BP needs to invest more time, and money in the game, considering the player loyalty they'll make it back, and more besides. If however they ignore us and our concerns, that loyalty will vanish, as will their income.

If DO is to survive, hell if PB is to survive, THEY NEED TO LISTEN TO THE CONCERNS OF THE PLAYERS!!!!!

Well, looks like we all spoke to soon. Monday night, and game is broken again. Same problem, get in, try to jump and game freezes.

Still, they fixed it once, so we'll give them a day or two to fix it. After all they did it once, they must know how.

BUT, if it's not fixed by xmas eve.

I'm gone.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 22, 2020
  12. AVIT

AVIT User

i suspect this is going to be a regular occurrence .. ,support will not tell me if the client is unity or not ,, they refuse to answer that question ,what is the client download .. if it isnt i think we have these problems along time . .or they haven't figured out how to work unity yet .

13. One user has suggested that these problems will continue until the 28th, at that time the browser server will be shut down. It's possible the problems are being caused by the work to separate the browser from the downloadable client. And get it ready for shut down.

Possible?

From the general feelings and opinions on forums, the downloadable client if a striped down version of chromium, with flash installed. It is just a temp measure until the unity version (browser based, I think.) is ready to go. but that won't be until middle of the year, at least most likely.

Of course, it doesn't help that, like most, the dev team is probably stuck working form home due to restrictions at the moment. That makes co-ordinating and getting things sorted so much slower.

With that in mind, I'll give it to the new year, after the browser shut down. Depending on how things go then, I'll decide on stay or go then.

14. The current client is not Unity, it is a Chromium-based browser that has been stripped of all features, with Flash player installed on it.

If it was Unity you could easily tell the difference in graphics.

But as JediThorson said, it was SUPPOSED to last them until at least mid-year 2021, however Flash Player will be completely blocked by any company user or entity from running it.

What their game plan is, idk, but it looks like DO is going to be extinct.

15. test020

test020 User

they'll just use the same chromium based browser with the unity web extension held together with spit.

say whatever you believe in but this lockdown managed to bring old players/spenders into the PVE server where people don't need to deal with MCC garbage, not allowing people to transfer their accounts into the PVE server also did boost package buying.