Time to go 'all out' Dark Orbit!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ZÿИΛPS™, Feb 12, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well Adamantium, if it is not a money issue (ie: you don't want someone paying less than you), since you got yours for free (as did I), then it MUST be a skill related issue, as in you don't want everyone fighting you on an equal footing.

Furthermore, every time you make a small point, I feel I provide my counter point very well, with sound arguments, and all you can retort is "It's stupidity to go assume things like that."....and, "For idiots, who dont get what im saying i repeat!...".

Those are not good counterpoints I'm afraid.

I find if comical that you are so defensive of Dark Orbit's profit margin :p !

I pointed out how dark orbit could make MORE money selling LF4's, since to play competitively you MUST have premium, which alone pays for Dark Orbits light bill I'm sure. Then ON TOP of that there are the rebate packages and the MAAAANY in game items you need to fight with ( I listed some of those earlier, not nearly all of them).

More players equals more revenue over time, even if the bulk of new players START out as free players. Eventually, the ones who like it a lot, may become spenders. Dark Orbit MUST start casting a wider net, to gain more players, of ANY spending ability, even if its free players.

To cater to the small percent of bitter UFE's that may or may not even spend anymore is ludicrous, and selfish. YOU threaten to quit at what would be an attempt to bring in more players / revenue to the game. That makes YOU responsible for any lost revenue, it's just like saying "Keep Dark Orbit my way, or me and my money will leave", which you have a right to say, but don't say Dark Orbit took away your business, and took away your game, YOU would be the one taking away the game from EVERYONE else who stays. YOU would be taking the game hostage, from all the new hopeful players that came back.

Lastly, if you QUIT this game,(and others like you ),and the game died as a result of lost income, it shouldn't matter to you any more since YOU QUIT !!!

EDIT: I know you said you play free, so before you jump on that point, remember this whole discussion is that YOU think paying players will LEAVE if dark orbit makes LF4 easier to get. SO yes YOU don't spend but the the point you're making is people do, and they will quit, so I'm referring to them quitting as well as you.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Dreadlok and _-DarkOverLord-_ like this.
  2. Sell LF4s on the auction and transfer about 2 grand back into my bank account

ZÿИΛPS™ likes this.
  3. I don't find it comical, neither can't understand, how your brains stops thinking further.
    I personally think that it would be nice to get LF4 easier in other ways, but the fact, that it would make booty boxes useless, and therefore darkorbit would need new ultra item for boxes isn't so amusing.
    Why would anyone spend their money to box deals or bootyboxes, if you could buy LF4 ?

I don't think that this is right direction to go in future. Darkorbit needs different updates, rather than this.
    This is like recycling old sh*t over and over. It's no good.
    We need something different.

4. LEON...

LEON... User

hi zynaps, hope youre doing ok pal, this is GUИŚŦΔЯ from GB1. . just going to ask, how much would a lf4 sell for? if it was to become buyable and if buying a lf4 is something that a lot of people are concerned about then why not have a special monthly event for people of certain skills to win lf4s.?

5. So people buying booty boxes is the only way Dark Orbit makes money?...heh heh that makes me laugh !

That's the one item that paying players DON'T spend on lolz. ***EDIT: most smart spenders did 30 Zetas for havoks, then used booty key rewards on gold day, then used rebate package and uri to buy the half built Zeus and almost full Apis. So most smart players never really "bought" booty keys at all.***

The few who did spend money on them ( to aquire LF4 first), did so two years ago, and once again, they paid the premium to have them FIRST from two years ago till now... You UFE's are so damn greedy, and you all can't even admit it. Well at least Katowa did, going right to the true reason you all are opposed to this.

You pretend to think it will cause Dark Orbit to go broke. That's a lie and a joke. You try to preach from your high pedestal that you care for Dark Orbit's future but all the while, you really just don't want a new player to get a better deal than you all got two years ago. That's just sad, even more sad that you can't admit it Adamantium, I disagree with Katowa, but at least he is being honest, I can respect that at least.

EDIT : The one thing that is clear from all this Adamantium, is you have shown you have NO IDEA where Dark Orbit's revenue streams really come from....."People stop buying booty boxes"...OMG you have no idea how this company actually makes it's money do you. LOLZ at what you don't know.

PS: Double laugh at the "how your brain stops thinking further" line....you can't even insult well, let alone think critically ( not selfishly) about this game.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  6. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

I would want LF4's to be in store for a otherworldly high price (10 mill uri) so players would rush to buy uri in extraordinary amounts and BP will drown in $$$$$$$$

7. U'r so annoying man -.-'... I'm not trying to insult you... i'm just frustrated your way of thinking.

And you just assume things after another. What do you really know about me lol. Can you really tell whats my playername or am i UFE o_O ... you are just assuming those kind of things. But that's off topic.

I'm not saying, that booty boxes are only way of making money. I'm just saying that its one of best ways to make it directly from players. Deals and suff... you know. There is red boxes, and blue boxes... buy those.

One more thing... Let me ask you one. If LF4 will be sold in store. That would make booty boxes "empty" What would you put in them to replace that gun?

8. SauronL

SauronL User

what about lf4s in shop for 10k credits ? why not that would be very nice im sure everyone would like it :) (your idea is ridiculous)

-AdamantiumDragon- likes this.
  9. Heh, Spats and Sauron, I did get a chuckle out of the sarcasm;), so we can all agree to disagree, but I will answer the couple questions asked.

1. Make LF4 75k uri to 100k uri, and only available during MMH's, maybe only one day a month.The high URI price makes buying the rebate package look good, that's direct $ to BP, and it keeps the discount at a reasonable level (assuming it's 150k uri or so to get one LF4 in booty, give or take).

2. Keep LF4 in booty boxes too :) !
    People who really want to buy a small amount of booty keys (or use one's earned from Zeta's) and "roll the dice" may do that as well, hoping to get lucky. Also, up the % for ship designs and stuff like that, to increase the desire to keep opening booties. Since designs are in auction now anyways, that's not too much to ask.

3. Straight up, booty boxes are still essential to the game. APIS...IRIS..? Yeah people will still buy booty boxes till the cows come home because of those, even with ONE item being made available for a reasonable rate.

4. The entire point is we all should want a larger player base. New players look at this game, shrug, and leave, because it is so expensive:(. It might be hard to take, but the only way to get more players, is to make things more reasonable, and make players stronger, so new players actually think its worth staying. It might not be "fair", and people who can't take it might quit. Well life isn't fair, and ideas like this are the only way to progress the game and attract new players.

Unless you all would rather cling to what you have, and what Dark Orbit has become, until it dies.

Games like this, that are now a bit outdated will ONLY live on with a large, loyal cult following, one that doesn't care about outdated graphics etc. (yeah 3d mode coming out I know). The player base was going in the wrong direction for a long time, so whatever makes it go the other way is good, regardless of what's "fair" to older players.

jackknife, Dreadlok, SPSAT99 and 2 others like this.
  10. In post #25 I mentioned Zynaps, but meant to say Katowa, I edited the names, but didn't want it to get lost in the discussion, especially since they have opposite points of view, I agree with you Zynaps.

ZÿИΛPS™ and LEON... like this.
  11. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Well, A monthly LF4 in-store day seems good. But nothing less then monthly.
    Also I think random, rare uri package events with lf4 should be good, since players would buy them and BP will get their $$$$

Do you think lf4 in-store should be slightly less powerful as lf4 from current sources?

Monthly Lf-4 in-store days wouldn't make booty boxes obsolete. How many players here do you know with enough patience to wait a month to buy lf4? :p

12. OILDAILY

OILDAILY User

not me .hi have 61 lf4 41 all upgraded trust me u dont need them lf3 and boosters and legit skills u on a roll luv pezzer

13. LEON...

LEON... User

i have done 70 kappas and 25 epsilon gates, i have a total of 38 lf4s, 8 of those lf4s were won on booty boxes and one of the new missions we had (last year or year before) so i would say that 30 lf4s from 70 kappas and 25 epsilons is a bit unfair. i have spent a small fortune on gates etc. and i would like to see something in place to see lf4s more easily available or at least with a guaranteed win at the end

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  14. Monthly LF4 in-store days sounds better than all the time. Thought i like that The gun must be earned with work.
    I agree, that LF4 should be little easier to obtain, but i don't still like the fact that you could buy Ultra elite item.
    If you are rich, you could become UFE instantly when LF4 in-store day arrives like: "BOOM! Now im UFE."
    Well... atleast its good for wallet warriors.

15. LEON...

LEON... User

yes youre correct, good for wallet warriors. but not good for new people joining the game. Dark orbit needs to think of a way to keep players that have just joined. people dont have as much patience these days, and with how far advanced the gameplay as become, most new players end up leaving the game due to unrealistic goals and being constantly getting popped by far more superior players. when dark orbit first started everyone was equal, now there is too much of a divide between new players and the ufe players.

16. Here is the issue with buying it. It is supposed to be attained via gates. thats why they are supposed to be rare. This would remove the purpose of completing the gate that contains it. Thats the problem. People say that those of us who have it should understand that it would be nice for other to buy it. But then what about the players who dedicated alot of time and effort into getting it the old fashioned way?
    And Zynaps, people are not leaving the game because of lack of LF4s. They are leaving because the game isnt interesting. Many people are jerks in games and cyber bully. Lag is also an issue. And sadly, people seem to be afraid of challenges. So now most ufe stay in one clan and harrass everyone. Personally that idea gets a no from me simply because you should earn it and not buy it. If you are going to have it on sale, then there should be a limit as to how many you can buy per acct.

-AdamantiumDragon- likes this.
  17. LEON...

LEON... User

some people win LF4s one after the other in kappa and some like myself win little LF4s in kappa, they could make it so players have it the same, to make things even.
    for example:
    For every x amount of kappas completed, 1 guaranteed LF4.

The same could be done for the zeta gate:
    1 guaranteed havoc for x amount of gates completed

They could make the herc winnable from the epsilon gate instead of the kappa gate
    epsilon gate: 1 guaranteed herc for x amount of gates completed

Everyone would know where they stand and would know exactly what they need to do to achieve the amount of rewards that theyre after

18. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

A mobile MMORPG game I play has this kind of thing. Say if there is a thing X on sale that is in a box Y. For a certain number Z of Y boxes brought, you are GUARANTEED to get at least ONE of X.

BP could work like that, but for the chances to have an effect, it has to be a reasonably high amount.

19. LEON...

LEON... User

well i have done 70 kappas and a few epsilon gates and have won about 30 LF4s in total. That's at least 2.5 gates per LF4, (although some players have won more LF4s doing fewer gates than that). If it was a set number of gates per win, that would be fair for all players. Everyone would know where they stand and would be same for all. Maybe 2 gates per guaranteed win?
    (To be full ufe or 45 lasers on a goliath, 90 kappa gates would need to be done with the method my idea suggests)
    If you look at the kappa count score board, it would give you an idea of how many gates people have already done. 2 gates per guaranteed win would be reasonable.

20. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

I guess. but it shouldn't be that way for some other gates, like hades or Kronos. Would be too easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.