TL_Oddessey

Discussion in 'Meet the Team - Who's Who' started by Oddessey, Apr 12, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Oddessey

Oddessey Team Leader Team Darkorbit

Hello Everyone!

My name is Oddessey. I am male, live in the US and am nearly half a century old. (Just remember, there are no hills in space, so no over-the-hill jokes! haha) My name was inspired somewhat by the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, a favorite from many years ago. I adopted a different (and yes, incorrect according to some) spelling of my name because I am different and well frankly, just a bit odd. :D

For fun, I enjoy many things outdoors but especially camping and fishing. I have played a variety of video games over the years, going all the way back to Pong, Atari and early games on PCs and Apple II series computers. I am a computer tech by trade and I've worked on many types of computers since the early days of the PC, including mainframes and mini-computers as well.

In early 2009, I was introduced to DarkOrbit and have been playing off and on since. In 2015, I applied to join the mod team as a Chat Moderator. I have no idea what they were thinking when they accepted me, but here I am. :cool: Seriously though, I joined the mod team so I could give something back to the game I've enjoyed so much. Many of you know me from chat and I really enjoy the time I get to spend with you, the players. In March 2016 I was promoted to SMOD. As SMOD, I'll have a few more duties with the team and you may see me in forums now as well.

Fly safe! I look forward to meeting more of you and will see you around!

2. *sneaks in and edits Oddy's post for a laugh*

:p

TermiteFan and Oddessey like this.
  3. Oddessey

Update for November 2016:

Hello again everyone! You may have seen me in chat recently or noticed the change in the title of this thread... my name has changed to CA_Oddessey because I have been promoted from SMOD to Chat Admin.

What does this mean? Well, first and foremost, it means that I have another opportunity to serve you, the players! Second, it means that I have a few more opportunities to contribute to the EN Mod Team along with a few more responsibilities there as well. Third, it means no more whacks from that spoon Ghost carries. Somehow, I'm not sure it was quite 'random'. :p

Anyway... Since I joined the team, I have gotten to know more about the folks I work with. I must to say the EN Mod Team is an absolutely GREAT bunch of folks to work with!

I'm very glad to be here and happy to be able to continue serving you the players of DarkOrbit! Say "Hello" the next time you see me in chat. :D

p.s. I've also learned that most of the moderator team does not bite. ;) Say "Hello" to any of the mods you see in chat :p

4. Oddessey

Had a little fun this evening on US West and got a pic this time with one of the pilots :p

upload_2016-12-22_22-40-44.png

You may notice I had to do a bit of repair on my police ship... someone (no names mentioned) tried to pop me with ddms. Wonder who that was? LOL

5. Oddessey

TermiteFan likes this.
  6. Oddessey

Just to add some variety, here is a screen shot from East 3 this evening.

upload_2017-8-29_21-34-9.png

Who knows where I'll turn up next??? Have fun!

7. Oddessey

and a little fun flying around East 2 this evening, thank you for the fun and the 7.5M DDM damage, lol :D

upload_2017-9-9_20-58-10.png

8. Oddessey

Took a flight around the maps on GB1 in advance of the upcoming PvM. Someone decided to shoot at me... not exactly sure who decided that would be a good idea :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    At least I know who got the kill. LOL

Thanks GB1! It was a fun flight and I'm looking forward to the PvM on Saturday!

TermiteFan and Kyro like this.
  9. pepper1986

pepper1986 User

mahahahahaha

10. Oddessey

I managed to snap this pic while out flying around the maps on East 2 this evening. Notice the damage to my ship though, somehow I had to do a little repairing again. Thanks for the DDM damage Wabi :p

It was fun tho, thanks!

upload_2017-11-2_23-12-10.png

TermiteFan likes this.
  11. Gudinden

Gudinden User

Hi Oddy :)

12. Oddessey

Hi Gudinden,

Nice to meet you.

TermiteFan likes this.
  13. Gudinden

Gudinden User

Oddessey likes this.
  14. Oddessey

I was lonely in 4-4 for a little while on US1 this evening. [​IMG]

Then I happened to find a couple of turkeys just floating around in space [​IMG]

Thanks for a fun evening US1!

TermiteFan, Odin® and ЯΔIĐΞN™ like this.
  15. Odin®

Odin® User

lol Oddessey you are on my watch list , playing around are you :))) have fun and be safe .... I'll catch you on East 2 jefe' I want that Modified Prot-Ship ... I miss Crimson Tide and Harley as the old Administrators here. :(((

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  16. Crimsom tide was the best he would actually help the players more then the current team ever did

oversoulpaul and Odin® like this.
  17. Odin®

Odin® User

[​IMG]
    Thats me KFC1 and Tide when I ran the [ODIN] clan from the 'Old Server Days' and below image is Tide again as a VRU . That old man was fun to play alongside.

[​IMG]

This is to inspire you
    Oddessey
    to become greater. This is from the 'Old School' days when Mods would actually have fun. And the Over-The-Hill Gang/Geriatric Club still fly. I'm 65 and the turn of the century is behind me somewhere :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  18. wow even back in the old days galacticEnforcer still protected the 1-7 top left portal guess things never change.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Sycorax likes this.