To What Extent Has DarkOrbit Changed?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by .USS.Goliath., Apr 21, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. lol as soon as some1 comes on our server and say they are new we say quick get out while ya can and send help for the rest of us lol

2. Lol I did something like this too. Every single day, in school I used to talk to my friends about the game. Like all the time. I even invited some of them to join ( which they did ) and would start a conversation about the game each day, during lessons.lol.This went on to the point where a few classmates/ friends began calling me 'sad' and an 'addict' :p . But now, I don't even bother 'defending' d.o when someone says a certain game is better than d.o .

3. For someone who spends little time on the game you spend a hell of a lot of time in the forums.

Years ago chat moderators would tell me this or that in chat and tell me over and over go check the forums, go post it on the forums. And I'd quickly remind them, I play the game... I do not play the forums. You, on the other hand Pacman2-, you play the forums as your entertainment.

Sorry. I call it the way I see it.

4. My main ship got instapopped in a port fight last night...full shields, full HP.... when I saw who got the kill....was not surprised...notorious hacker. Gee someone in Dark Orbit forgot to reset that 100% script we always hear about when we complain to The Useless One in Support.
    I spend no money so phew... nothing lost. How pathetic to have to cheat in a stupid game. Must be too ugly to get girls so he cheats in a game..lol

5. Wish we could have that many players nowadays without lag.(referring to the video) You get 20 people in the same map and your fps drops to 5-10. Ridiculous. And this thread is quite entertaining.

6. from my side; while tried to make and lvl up a new account few days ago found that DO now is way more friendly now that was older years for new players.
    way better intro - better missions for their smooth introduction here.
    also boter clean up is a HUGE improove
    for me DO now is in a good way (generaly speaking)

7. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

I don't play the game much these days;
    it has probably been at least a month or 2 since I moved my ship from where I parked it.

What is there to be sorry about you are correct.

However I would not call the forum enter.

In the first couple of years I also spent most of my time playing I didn't even have chat on that much , because I just wanted to play the game.

I don't play the game much these days because I don't like what it has become. I signed up to A space PvP PvE game, not the farming / chance game it has become, or the way DO treats its customers.

Also this has been the first time I've logged in to the forum for a week.

It is interesting that you are spending so much time in the forum these days. That would suggest, you are playing the forum, rather than the game these days.;)

Last edited: May 4, 2014
    Cruenta†Ultionem likes this.
  8. I will not be drawn into one of your wasted debates.

9. LMAO look at the new event quest's reward it just completely proves my point in the first post of this thread.

10. Hauler™

Hauler™ User

In it! :)

I said it before and will repeat, DEV team should call this game Darkorbit Las Vegas as its a gambling space shooter, not reloaded.

TY :)

TheTaser(V) likes this.
  11. there is no gabling at all
    just too low percentance

12. Exactly I would have a higher percentage of winning the lottery mega millions then becoming UFE in this game fr scratch :D

13. ramnik

ramnik User

What i wonder is do the DEV team even read our comments about what should be done? after all, we are the people what make the game what it is now

14. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

I think the moderators send a periodic report up to someone on the DO team which can include threads etc, can't remember how frequent it is though.

In one of the podcasts they said they browse forums for inspiration on new ideas but I think it would be a lot more productive if they actually posted on the forum as well. At least then we can feel like they are listening and not just hoping they are.

15. I completely agree with that. The game I play most at the moment (can't name it sorry) has this on the forums from time to time and it really helps the relationship between customers and the company.

I actually read a post on their forums yesterday that had a player asking about a new update and saying what do players think it will look like, a dev actually replied on that thread made by a player and said that he wanted people to keep the thread going as it was giving them inspiration, and he continued to reply to many posts afterwards. Was a nice touch and I was impressed.

16. jackknife

jackknife User

I spend no money so phew... nothing lost. How pathetic to have to cheat in a stupid game. Must be too ugly to get girls so he cheats in a game..lol[/quote]

probably faat and by him/herself in a dirty stinky 1 room apt.

yesterday at work i went to forum and people were asking about bots and when they would be back and all sorts of illegal stuff that has to stop

ROULOUS___HELLAS likes this.
  17. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

I would say the Dev team read comments, but only use the ideas that are aimed at short term profit, rather than turning the game around to even a sliver of the great game it once was.

18. All that time wasted on making new map backgrounds and making a "storyline" for the game (the quests are good but the storyline... well... not much of one), also the time spent making sheep kill GB1 on April Fools (making BP the April fools), repeatedly changing group gate, etc etc etc, could have been spent with having one dev take a few minutes a day to answer all of our concerns on the forums.

It would have been much more beneficial for BP and for the game.

I would say reading isn't enough when the game is in this state - we aren't even sure if they read it we just have to believe it which is terrible. Other games actually take the time to speak to the community.

I wonder if the devs reads threads like this, I would be happy for them to reply :rolleyes:

19. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

The april fools drones were in the files for over a year before they used them D:

Your point still stand though, especially about community interaction - we haven't even had a road map recently. In another game I play we get roadmaps every month, granted that game probably has a bigger team than DO but it's been ages since we have had one on here.

Who is our community manager?
    RickDekard is listed down as one of the two DO Producers in the credits. Then it says we have TWO community managers, do they even exist? What kind of community manager doesn't even attempt to talk to the community!

20. I would be interested to see if a Dev could prove me wrong and reply here ^^

Also I was thinking is this the reloaded darkorbit? Or do you think this is only the start? Because if they have already reloaded it it has been a major flop.

I honestly wish they saved this game but players haven't really been flooding in.

And if someone asked me, should they make an account or not, I would most definitely say no at the moment.