Tunel of Terror - info.

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by SauronL, Oct 20, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Mystery

Mystery User

This Terror gate is way too hard for players like me that are not Premium, and not anywhere near UFE. It sucks that Dark Orbit seems to be catering to all of the paying players and UFE players and leaving the average players in the dust. I have played this game since 2008, not sure how much longer i can play with this going on. So sad !

2. SauronL

SauronL User

Before this was pet event that was mostly for noobs.

3. again, not my fault this game is so buggy
    thanks ill remember not to even try to think of helping anyone in forum :)

4. I am only Premium paying player and have enjoyed the game and completed the GATE. The ammunition I received from the dropped Ghost Boxes allowed me to deal with the harder killing NPC's. Kami was not that important to me as I am not proficient enough to activate it without receiving major damage from those I try to hit. I am no where close to UFE but am FE and have played since 2011. I found the Premium at $5 a month (spent once a year) to be a comfortable expense when ship repairs are free and logout is faster, along with larger and quicker skylab transfers to gain even more credits.

Sorry you did not enjoy the FREEBIES inside the gate enough to enjoy where you got to in it. YES there are some waves I was yelling at DO as they were too hard but after figuring out how to deal with them it was okay. I am not a big supporter of BP/DO but this event was well worth the work they put into it and would look forward to this type of event in the future (please reduce the numbers at one time to reduce lag though), found major lag on the 40 Melters wave and would have preferred not dealing with 20 Uber Sibelons at one time but I survived. The surprise wave of Lordakia and Saimon was well worth the effort to kill them (just don't think you can sit there and kill them like normal).

I really like the fact that for ONCE DO did not create an EVENT that turned the NEWBS into FODDER for the UFE players and went even further by allowing no damage to drones during the event. Might suggest FREE repairs so those Play for Free players did not have to worry about popping as an extra advantage (but premium is not that expensive with plenty of benefits).

5. bd33

bd33 User

worsted drop ever.... Map 7: 3 Devourer 1500 HSTRM-01 x3... after blowing 20k rb-214's lol

6. SauronL

SauronL User

Map 3 gives they best payout with ammo. Map 7 is all about your uri reward.

7. Funny I got 25k RB-214 times 3 from that map but my PET picked it up with bonus box doubler. I posted the information from the ORIGINAL POST of what the ammo drops are without any advantages;

Map 3: 2 UberSibelon [25.000 UCB-100, 35.000 RB-214, 2.500 UBR-100, 5.000 HSTRM-01, 5.000 PLT-2021]
    Map 4: 3 UberDevolarium [8500 UCB-100, 12.000 RB-214, 1500 PLT-2021, 1500 HSTRM-01, 750 UBR-100]
    Map 5: 1 Kristallon [25.000 UCB-100, 35.000 RB-214, 2.500 UBR-100, 5.000 HSTRM-01, 5.000 PLT-2021,]
    Map 6: 3 Uber Devolarium [8500 UCB-100, 12.000 RB-214, 1500 PLT-2021, 1500 HSTRM-01, 750 UBR-100]
    Map 7: 3 Devourer [8500 UCB-100, 12.000 RB-214, 1500 PLT-2021, 1500 HSTRM-01, 750 UBR-100]
    Map 8: 1 UFO [25.000 UCB-100, 35.000 RB-214, 2.500 UBR-100, 5.000 HSTRM-01, 5.000 PLT-2021]
    Map 9: 1 Streuner [25.000 UCB-100, 35.000 RB-214, 2.500 UBR-100, 5.000 HSTRM-01, 5.000 PLT-2021,]

All in all with the Uridium and other gains from the kills and CARGO (if you collected it) you made quite a killing to spend in AUCTION to get a design or whatever you need. Even after fuel and ammo purchases I gained over 40K uridium, ammo out the backside, and replaced 50% of credits I spent on weekly AUCTION Sunday. So all in all I have to say well done DO. Just reduce the waves as the 40 Melters caused too much lag (even with everything turned OFF).

I say do this type of a Gate monthly and run it for a week each month (Halloween, Turkey Day, Xmas, New Year, Valentines February, March Madness, April Fools, Cinco de Mayo, Graduation June, Independence July, Summer August, Back to School September). Reduce the Collection of minerals or have 3 running at the same time (killing, Collect Space minerals, and collect from kills) and to prevent UFE's from just doing the gates to get ammo attach a quest to the entry of the gate (so you get to do the gate once and to do it again you need to complete an Event mission) this may upset some players but it will make it more fair to those Free to Play players who seem to gain the results of this extra ammo being shot at them. This would also do away with the need for a timer to prevent from doing gates over and over without doing anything else.

Tina-The-Impaler and -uberpaul- like this.
  8. Not a a bad idea to have it monthly, but not for two weeks at a time. Just the day of the funtivities (<-made up word). The problem is the serious ammo and seprom depletion will deter repeat visits to the Gates anyways. Kami'n seriously is a bore - it Ok with a few NPCs, but not with multiple boss thru uber with 20+ showing up at the same time.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    -uberpaul- likes this.
  9. SauronL

SauronL User

I love this gate , completed it 12 times. But i dont think it should be out normally. This gate should stay original to halloween event. Thats just what do i think. No hate

theOtherKey likes this.
  10. I was thinking a special gate once a month (that would run for a week 7 quests to do the gate 7 times) as we have special occasions to celebrate every month except March and August but then we can always have a holiday to celebrate. And I was not saying this particular gate but something similar would be nice, maybe have the numbers but have them act more like normal NPC's where they sit till you are within their range like in normal maps making you have to look for them, thus eliminating the killing of a wave with 1 Kami shot (unless you traveled through the entire map gathering the swarm behind you.

11. I thought this Gate gave you 10 Lives...I got popped after my 4th life in Wave 8 and it told me I have to wait till 19 hours to jump again. Whats up with that?

12. Oddessey

Oddessey Team Leader Team Darkorbit

Hello IRON-THRONE,

While the ToT is virtaully the same, there were some minor changes this year. See this thread for more info, but the intended number of lives for this years' ToT is 3 vs. 10. The FAQ for 2016 is here if you haven't seen it.

Regards,

13. We asked last year to have the gate out more than once a year but sadly the request fell on deaf ears. :(:mad::(

T <3

The gate doesnt cause any lag on my end except for the 20 Uber Sibs....Sib waves in any gate cause a lot of lag for a lot of players..
    The Meltors are actually the funnies wave for me and fairly easy to do once you learn the trick...and no dont ask I let you have the fun of figuring it out :)

T <3

If you spent that much ammo on that Map you may want to reconsider your stragegy... THe meltors are easy to kill once you figure it out.

T <3

Last edited by moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  14. Wave #27 is missing from the records. It is 10 sibelonites aswell. :)

15. Anybody have an update on the waves because the waves are different from last year.

19 UberSibelon
    You destroyed a alien ship - which was a demon drone - Received item: Silver Reaper
    A Streuner alien ship - which was an uber-type - high hP and shds.

What is up with the waves?

16. That is how it was last year -1 uber sibs and there was 20 last year im sure and just checked my noobs logs and there was only 19 then u jump port and 1 demon then 1 struner

17. I was doing ToT for the first time yesterday and they somehow started me in the x20 UberSibs wave and then done. Then three more waves and done. Must have been a glitch. Did waves 1 thru the end today whooo...took a while, but I'll do it again in 20 hours ;)

18. Anyone noticed that Epic Demon Drone design is not increasing rocket damage? I got 10 just 30 min ago. On conf 1 all demon drones,on conf 2 just cosmetic drone design. targeting guidance on. Change between configuration with PLT 3030 Gives max 12 000 dmg on both conf. Tried with Diferent ships,than I equiped both conf. Outcome is same. There is no dmg increase. Anyone tried,please let me know. Thanks.

19. SauronL

SauronL User

They are too trashy so people dont even use em at all, so thats why people cant even find out. If that bug exists

20. Kante_

Kante_ User

I got ammo from 1 uber sibelon only, in wave 26. The other drop plasmide. Last year bouth of them drop ammo.