[UIP] UBA 2.0

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by lassie111, Aug 17, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lassie111

lassie111 User

General rules
    The rules inside UBA maps are similar to the current version, except:
    • Ship upgrade modules have no effect on UBA maps;
    • DLB boosters have no effect on UBA maps;
    • Refining works again on UBA maps (Seprom on lasers/shields, Promerium on speed, etc.). This will make UBA more balanced, since in the current version PET deals more damage than the player's ship;
    • (optional) The side of the square for fighting is increased by 25%.
    Matchmaking
    There are 3 types of matches. Each is described in details below.

Type 1 (Training mode)
    This type of matchmaking is intended for training. It's free to join and the reward is such that no pushing is possible (see below).

Price: Free.
    Rewards for the winner: Winner gets the ammo he spent during the match back. This includes laser ammo, rockets, mines, EMP, ACM and xenomit (for ISH and SMB). This does not include techs, booster time, pet fuel, resources like Seprom in lasers, etc.
    Rewards for both players in case of draw: None.
    Anti-pushing measures: None. You can't win anything that you didn't have before the match.

Type 2 (Elite mode)
    This type of matchmaking is intended for advanced fighters. There is a fee to join but winner gets some rewards.

Price: 5 000 uridium.
    Rewards for the winner:
    The probability of getting every reward is independent of others. You can get one or more rewards depending on luck.
    ItemAmountProbability
    Uridium8 000100%
    UCB-1004 00080%
    RSB-751 00040%
    CBO-1002 00020%
    Seprom1 00010%
    PLT-30301 0005%
    EMP105%
    ACM-11003%
    Xenomit1 0003%
    Honor200 0001%
    Rewards for both players in case of draw: 3 500 uridium.
    Anti-pushing measures:
    1. Players get random opponent from the queue. They are no factors such as equipment, level, etc;
    2. There is no option to reject the duel. You can still cancel searching while there is still nobody found, but once an opponent is found, you are immediately moved to the UBA map. This is very important, maybe the most important rule to avoid pushing;
    3. This type of matchmaking is only available every day from 10:00 to 23:59 (14 h);
    4. You can't find the same player two times in a row.
    Type 3 (Expert mode)
    This type of matchmaking is intended for the most dedicated 1 vs 1 fighters. There is a higher fee to join but winner are also good.

Price: 50 000 uridium.
    Rewards for the winner:
    The probability of getting every reward is independent of others. You can get one or more rewards depending on luck.
    ItemAmountProbability
    Uridium80 000100%
    UCB-10010 00080%
    RSB-752 50040%
    CBO-1005 00020%
    Seprom4 00010%
    EMP505%
    ACM-11 0002%
    Xenomit10 0002%
    Honor750 0001%
    Experience15 000 0001%
    RCB-1403 0001%
    Osmium2001%
    BRB-210.5%
    Shield backup 210.5%
    Burning trail10.5%
    Explosive charging blob10.5%
    SB-1 (Speed Burst)10.5%
    Frost field10.5%
    Anti-mine transmitter10.5%
    Rewards for both players in case of draw: 35 000 uridium.
    Anti-pushing measures: Same as for Type 2 matchmaking, except for the 3rd rule: this type of matchmaking is only available every day from 17:00 to 23:59 (7 h).

Notes
    • I would add 2 types of "tickets" for paying the entry fee. Players can buy them from shop. Player can search for opponent in Type 2 and Type 3 matchmaking only if he has atleast 1 ticket. The ticket is consument once an opponent is found. This will make implementation much easier, because it solves some implementation problems:
      - if you charge the player uri when an opponent is found, he may have already wasted all of his uri while searching for opponent;
      - if you charge the player when he starts searching, you have to think about returning the uri when there is no opponent. Here premium and rebate advantage pack should be considered too. With "tickets" all of these problems are solved automatically ;)
      Edit: I also understand that bigpoint wants players to buy regularly rebate advantage pack, not getting 2000 tickets with one pack and use them like 2 years. This can be achieved it by setting a limit of 20 tickets per type.
    • In the future an option to choose your opponent for Type 1 (Training mode) can be added. I know it's very hard to make invitation system similar to group system cross-server, but I have an idea how it may be possible to achieve this behavior. Player can choose to create a custom queue for Type 1 matchmaking. Then he receives queue's unique ID. Then he can send the ID to another player. Then the other player can enter that ID in the UBA window and join the custom queue.
    • UBA events can also be added in the future. The newest score system of Galactic Strife event can be reused. Players can get points only in Type 2 and 3 matchmaking. In type 2 matchmaking the losing player loses X points and the winning player gets X points. In type 3 matchmaking the losing player loses X points and the winning player gets 2X point.
    I would like to hear your opinion on the idea and how to make it even better. For the lower players who will dislike the idea just because they have no chance to win, think about it:
    1. There is a free mode for everybody to train and to become better
    2. If you are not a PvP player, more people in UBA mean less fighters on maps stalking you while you're farming. ;)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    ☻Peltipurkki☻ likes this.
  2. 50k uri to enter is to much players who would want to participate would not want to chance loosing that much uri only to gain 30k more if you win.
    I guess what i am saying is 2 players spend 50k uri so it's now 100k uri for the fight and the top reward is 80k so looks good but i would raise the rewards.

3. lassie111

lassie111 User

50k uri is 35k with premium and rebate, that's why I did not put 100k uri as reward. Considering that you have chance to win a lot more things, I think 80k uri is good reward.

4. Noobie120

Noobie120 User

I truly hope they'd add something like this since it's difficult to find 1. either opponent of your level 2. opponent with similar boosters 3. also separates the most strongest fighters from the others which is a great idea in my opinion, therefore you could practice and once you feel comfortable enough, you could step into the stronger bracket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.