[UI] Anti-boost chip

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by VESPID, Sep 5, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please explain, I am genuinely interested for your answer.

2. VESPID

VESPID User

Oh you need this spelled out?
    Fine, I'll show you why this could never be used as an offensive tool for UFE against noobs.

The item I'd like to propose would be a shield modulator chip that assists the shields to negate ore boosted laser ammo.

Say you're farming with un boosted laser ammo and someone with any ore boosted laser ammo fires on you, this shield adjuster would completely negate that boosted damage from happening to you're ship.

You're laser ammo must also be un boosted by any ore as well for it to work.
    The item is restricted to non enemy maps only. <------------can you see it now???
    The suggested price would be 30k uri.

3. How about, NO! This is a PvP game, no need to make it so our hard earned uri is wasted so some noob can live longer or just get away.

[​IMG]

KilerStreak likes this.
  4. VESPID

VESPID User

Yes it is a PvP game, not a noob hunt that it has turned into.
    If battle is what the PvP crowd is looking for, they should stay the hell out of the lowers.

5. completer

completer User

That's not right to the other ship, and what does that have to do with you not having ore or not for your boost, hmmm? It's basically a responsibility to just be ready and fill the boost slots with your ore. Anybody at any skill level can do that. This isn't suppose to be the super easy game. To play dark orbit, you've got to be a little bit do it own your own to really make things happen in it. A cooler chip would be http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/the-next-ship-chip.108610/.

6. Okay so, you're saying all the cowards can just hug powers and all the players who wanna pvp should stay bms and upper? Man, the amount of generals and 1 stars that can't PvP for their lives would flood the lowers so quick.

7. VESPID

VESPID User

Ok and say they do flood the lowers, what then?
    Will the game stop being fun or will the game be fun for everyone instead of just the few killing servers till they are dead?

8. So with this update we can waste all our sep blasting npc and not worry about a group of hunters taking us out, best UFE update ever.( sarcasm)

I think my example states the issue.

9. VESPID

VESPID User

No. They may still take u out, just not as fast.

10. Darkorbit will never come out with a chip like that, and even if they did the price would be $50.USD not 30k uri. that would give great advantages to ufe players and for noobs that really work hard for their sep would be wiped out of the picture.

11. VESPID

VESPID User

How about if it were offered free to noob players till they reach 14 or 15th level.

12. No? Still a PvP game, this is just another thing to ruin PvP. This is why DO got rid of some of their own protection things for players cause they were abused for such a long time.

13. VESPID

VESPID User

Yes again it is a pvp game, not a noob hunt. Dead servers is the result of that absence of understanding.

14. Servers are dead because the scrubs who suck can't bot as much as they used to.

15. VESPID

VESPID User

All too true, I'm no fan of them either.

16. You say ufe cant use it offensively but they can. When I'm sepped as a fe I can kill unsepped or prommed ufe depending on their configuration. This sounds to me like something that would waste my ammo to no end.

17. VESPID

VESPID User

Not on enemy maps they can't, if they are defending their space then yea all bets are off.

Hey you guys do realize that the user of this tech can't employ ore boosted ammo either right???

18. Bakjam

Bakjam User

Wrong? 2 points:

1. if you are UFE and hit 100K combo , and I am FE and hit 50K combo (just for example), if your're firepower is decreased by 20%, you will hit 80K and I will hit 40K, the difference in hits is now 40K! This kind of balances it out: the bigger your're hits are, the more you will lose.

2. If I block 60% of your laser dmg by this chip, I will always last longer, no matter if you use the chip or not, so in that sense it definetly has it's uses.

However, just to come back at the point wether or not they should implement this feature, I feel like they should not. It kind of negates the idea of using seprom, because if you do use it they can counter it, and if you don't you don't get a boost in the first place. Besides, 60% is quite a lot of firepower, maybey they should make it so that seprom boost your damage only by 30%, but the main problem will still exist (weak players don't stand a chance against stronger ones).

So without any fancy pictures: NO

Lol I love your comments XD

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  19. what the hell? is this you cant be serious ill just go for a walk now.

20. VESPID

VESPID User

Yes and please stay on it till u can offer a better response.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.