[UI] Big Changes to Gameplay and Darkorbit Mechanics

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by KilerStreak, Dec 19, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Big changes are definitely needed if you wish to play Darkorbit for the next several years.

Topics
    -PvP Combat Changes
    -Cubikon NPC Rewards Change
    -Events
    -Player Report System

Green: Needs attention as soon as possible
    Blue: Needs improvements/Looking into
    Yellow: General Update Idea

PvP Combat Changes
    There are two big changes I would like to have implemented as soon as possible.

First: NO PvP between players of the same company (unless there is a war between the clans).

Why?

PvP between same-company players is completely useless. It does nothing, but create more drama and toxic players, and does not bring any benefit to the game AT ALL. NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. Darkorbit, make up your mind, do you want us to be working as a team, or greedy little pigs? PvP between company members does nothing to progress the game at all, and it allows for those players to help other companies defeat their own. Absolutely disgusting.

Second: No PvP between players of a level difference of three.

This means that a level 18 player cannot pick on a fight of players level 15 and under. BUT, lower levels can start the fight onto players above them, and the higher players can retaliate. If a higher level player attempted to shoot the lower level, they would be presented with the message, "This player is too weak for you, you cannot shoot!"

Why?

It is next to impossible to avoid leveling up, so player level is a good indication of player strength. By the time the player reaches level 15 or so, they would have learned well enough how the game functions, and to play it properly. But people don't tend to make it that far due to the threat of higher level players interfering with their gameplay.

On top of this, it can weaken the grasp of the MCCs (Multi-Company Clans) that they have on players weaker than them. MCCs do have a high potential of doing good to the game, but so far, they have been doing nothing more than damage.

Cubikon NPC Rewards Change
    With the issue of the "No PvP between players of the same company," it would make sense to make the Cubikon a non-shared NPC.

Why?

First, when the game had came out, it was far too strong for a single player to destroy it. Now, with the the Pilot Bio, Seprom, and LF4s, etc., they are more than capable of destroying one. Hell, even a FE pilot with the correct configurations, Seprom and Pilot Bio alone can solo one.

If you want to share the Cubikon rewards, what is the Outfit system for? You can have a maximum of 8 players in it, so use that! Simple!

Events
    There needs to be a cleaner way to allow players to participate in events. Events like Spaceball, Hitac, and the DeMaNeR were designed with the weaker players in mind, players who do not have tech like LF4s, Havocs, Apis, Zeus, etc. These events were made to give these players a chance, and to let them have a better chance to catch up to the stronger players.

But it never works out like that. I have seen from my own gameplay and from others that UFEs (players who pretty much have every tech available to them) dominate these events just so they can get RANKS. This does not give the weaker players a chance at all. How on earth are you going to give the weaker players a chance to get stronger with the stronger players getting rid of them? How will a game like this survive?

I would like to also ask you to look into this thread for another good solution to fix up events: Event Registration

Player Report System
    This system should, in theory, make it easier to catch people who hack, bot, or seen doing whatever is against the rules.

When a player is seen, a report can be filed out in-game, by supplying the username of the player to be reported, and a description of what he is doing. If enough reports are filed on the player (say five reports), a moderating support member of some type (like a game or chat moderator) can come online and look into it.

Why?

This can genuinely improve the atmosphere of the game, and catch the rule breakers. RIOT's game League of Legends already has a system like this, as well as Counter Strike: Global Offense.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    This sums up my idea(s) to benefit the game.

Concerns? Questions? Ask away.

I need every available input on this one, I alone cannot change the game, I need you guys to look at this idea and voice your changes and ideas to me.

If you disagree with anything I have said, please tell me what it is you disagree with, and why, I will attempt to improve it, or explain more why it needs to be like that.

I will be reading everyone's opinions, and please, be respectful to each other.

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016