[UI] Buff JAMX, fortify, UC and other 'old' abilities

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Bakjam, Mar 26, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Bakjam

Bakjam User

With all of todays new abilities (and the old ones) featuring cooldowns less than ever before (especially tartarus on / off speedboost, aegis shield rep, sentinel fortress and do I need to continue?), JAMX is one of the few abilities that makes falls behind. However, despite the fact that all of the skill design cooldowns were drastically reduced, the less powerfull abilities fall behind, and suddenly become the ones with the longes cooldown (Ultimate cloaking and Fortify both over 5 min and JAMX over 3 minutes). I don't think it is fair that a sentinel player can use his ability over 5 times, (over 10 times with cooldown boost) in the time it takes me to cooldown after just one deactivation with JAMX. And to make things worse:

Mimesis:

Skill 1 – Scramble
    • Active Duration – Until shields are depleted, or configuration is switched
    • Cooldown – 5 Minutes
    • Support Cost - Pilot loses 10% of their maximum shield points per second
    • Effects
    • Enemies have an 80% chance of missing your ship
    • +25% Laser damage
    • +25% Speed
    • JAMX and EMP have no effect on this skill
    (quoted from: http://nl.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/nieuwe-schepen.106749/#post-835234)

I mean common guys, I am a big fan of the shorter cooldowns and toggle abilities, but make sure the other abilities don't fall behind.

Now I understand that JAMX does not really work against solace and ice rocket ability (Goliath X), because their duration is just to short, I feel like that is completely legit, but for the other abilities? I would suggest a cooldown of no longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds, and make JAMX work for everything else, inlcuding this crazy scramble ability (of which the cooldown should probably be reduced to).