[UI] [Detailed Discussion] One last thing Bigpoint needs to do...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by vanasten1, Sep 6, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanasten1

vanasten1 User

Forenote -- Any important and key info is Bolded

So, everyone remembers when ship repairs became free. Its probably the best thing Bigpoint has done for Free players in a very long time. However, there is still one last issue they need to fix.

I personally have a fear of going outside X-2 maps alone, not because im afraid of dieing from an UFE doing 50k damage, but because eventually, im gonna have to use 8 repair chips to repair my drones.

There are only 2 reliable ways lower level players can earn repair chips. From the galaxey gate generator, or from Daily Missions.
    • The galaxey gate can only be used if you use extra energy (requires grinding Bonus Boxes) or spending Uridium, which is so damm hard to obtain in the first place its not werth it.
    • Daily missions, of which 2 out of 7 might give chips as rewards or 4 out of 14, giving 8 chips. (I sure as hell die more than 20 times in 2 weeks, making this method eventually not enough to keep up with costs).

So, whats my suggestion? Make Flax and Iris drone repairs completly free.

Before you instantly start typing "this is a horrible idea, no no no", just contuine reading.

Currently, we use Repair chips for 2 reasons, to reduce the cost of repair near a portel/where you died, and for repairing drones. It would still cost Repair chips in order to repair Apex and Zeus drones (due to being much harder to obtain).
    But if these Flax and Iris drones were free, than I would have no reason not to be afaraid of going out and dieing.

There would of corse still be a penalty of having to spend uri to respawn near a portel, or respawn all the way back at my base.

And Bigpoint wouldnt loose any money, because I doubt hardly anyone spends money on uridium just to repair their drones, so theres no real reason why this couldnt work.

2. Ok, read it, re-read it, and swished. Now that's done, I would say it is an interesting idea but overlooks a control factor. While NOOB-poppers would probably revel in this as you would just keep flying out blindly as soon as you respawn, having this would in fact negate some self control on the players part. I know it is already the wild wild west out there, but its set up that way. When you first start, you get to enjoy premium status for a short time, so you can get started and also not be "totally" decimated. Its hard coming into a new game knowing what all to expect but you have seen that coming out of x-1 map, your liable to be smashed against the portal.

A player, any player, should be warry about who is lurking about. The player should know that there are consequences to actions. One of the main consequences is the drone damage. Its supposed to make you think and plan your actions. If you plan wrong, you could lose them. Its a growing process. This is needed so even the UFE Hunter has to watch what they have in the works.

You presented your case and answered why it should not happen. You would not be afraid. Which means you have nothing to lose when playing.

3. vanasten1

vanasten1 User

I just dont think it seems fair that I should have to pay for somthing out of my control -- if an FE player attacks me there is really nothing I can do to excape, except using a EMP, which costs uri.

You would still have to waste time repairing and traveling back to your place, so you still do have somthing to loose - time.

It would generally just make the game more fun for me, mabye even to the point of spending money in premium.

A good rule of thumb that many games do, or should, follow - You shouldnt get punished for loosing, you should insted get rewarded for winning (which you do, in EXP and other things). Things such as ranking are another story.

And I think someone who is UFE has nothing to look out for, because I assume they have hundreds of Repair Chips.

4. I agree.. It is very hard for newbies to get repair credits as they are actually not easy to get at start.. I have like 800 and i don't have to worry about that and it is kinda not fare for newbies..

5. You get a life lesson when you lose. Just like in any game, if and when you lose, and everybody does at some point, you learn you must look in all directions while traversing the unknowns of space. Watch what is going on in chat, and communicate what activity is underway. There are always those watching chat that will help, even if only to get kills of their own. Yes, repair credits take time to "build up." Given time, you will find you don't have to use them as often.

6. True.. Fore everyone comes that time when they have hundreds or even thousands of repair credits..
    I thought BP is a pay to win game, but actually it is free to play... it just need a lot of time and a lot of playing to get to be that cool guy and own everyone or anyone..

7. I'll admit I agree with some of this, but only some.

Flax drones: Free repair, sure why not? They all cost credits last I checked, and you'd have to be an idiot to spend uri on them! Just use the skylab to replace one if you loose it.

However the iris is a hard to get uri drone that is twice as good as the flax drone. You should know how to play the game by the time you get one.

Besides repair credits are easy to get once you unlock the pirate maps and can go pally gathering.

8. when you start out you get premium and 15,000 uri so...Use these 2 gifts wisely where you could either buy leonov, spend the 15k on logdisk or drop all the uri on gg spins which is 150 spins and thats plenty to acquire a nice rep cred cushion with, and by the time your premium runs out no matter which path you take in what I stated above.You will have alot of rep creds stock piled.

The skill of the game starting out is, figuring what to do and when untill your ship is more set to tackle a variety of challenges in 1 day.Normally its good to join a clan thats actively questing, or just grinding bigger npc for rewards.

9. Note: The thread will be re-opened only if the OP requests for it.

Enjoy the game.

Closing due to inactivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.