[UI] How to eliminate wallet warriors!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by chilninja, Apr 24, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrbitGuru

OrbitGuru User

i get that people have to spend to keep the game alive but they shouldnt be able to buy themselves to ultimate like how it is now. free players need a chance or there's going to be nothing but them and their boredom since they killed all the free players off

-oversoulpaul- and WiccaDio like this.
  2. WiccaDio

WiccaDio User

Like the current state of things. My vote: get rid of buyable equipment, and buyable uri. If it's a necessity to have uri sales to increase revenue, then do it like MAYBE once a month. And have a limit to how much you can even buy.

If you really NEED to have sales like that consistently Big Point to keep money in your pockets and keep your lights on, then you're doing something wrong.

OR

You are just greedy and you're trying to make more and more and aren't satisfied with what you have.
    No Man's Sky developer Sean Murray sold his HOUSE to make Joe Danger happen. And it did ok, not like millions of dollars, just ok.
    He took the success from that game and invested in a really good idea and now NMS, in north america alone has pre-order sales of over 10 million dollars. This is 15 people we are talking about. And he (sean Murray) even goes on to say that NMS is the only game they will focus on, and after release, they want input from the community about what they should do next; how to improve NMS even more.

Come on Big Point, DO is 10 years old now. Do SOMETHING to step your game up a tad.

-oversoulpaul- and OrbitGuru like this.
  3. Never said wallet warriors was not needed:)

4. Ya know, I've never looked at it quite that way, but what you said really does have merit. Hmm, that's why I like the forums, sometimes they give me a different way of looking at things, not a way to just spew nasty innuendo.

5. WyattEarp

WyattEarp User

Well do not like the term wallet warrior, however that being said it seems to me if you buy premium does that make some one a wallet warrior? No
    Does posting personal opinions either factual or non factual mean it is a personal attack? No
    Does the game industry take money to make things run? Yes
    Buying things is neither good nor bad however have noticed that when some one pays to build one's ship they do become bored. But no one should chastise any one for their ability to pay for something they enjoy. Weather or not some one needs to be on "top" so to speak well hey if that makes them feel better then so be it.
    I am by far no wallet warrior and never sacrifice food, shelter, or education to my family or children for the game. So unless Darkorbit decides to go farther being the morals and values police other than in chat then all is good. All things work out relax keep calm and carry on or find another game.

Happy Gaming All,

Wyatt Earp

6. I will admit "wallets" are needed but D O will not die just because the "wallets" dry up. They have the advertisers paying them to put their ads in our faces, whether in the logout page or the non-premium login for 100 Uridium or to save you 45 minutes of transfer time. D O will always have money to support the game, but it is always nicer to have the support of its community and their wallets.
    YES most of the current "wallets" are in G G's instead of the game, but when they get bored of Gate Farming they are the UFE Hunting the newbs in the lower maps for fun. Instead of assisting them to get stronger or protecting them from enemy attacks, unlike the FE+ of yesteryear who would patrol the maps and protect them from invaders or sit in an enemy map waiting for an unsuspecting victim to come along and be destroyed.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    -oversoulpaul- and badwon[spt] like this.
  7. west-star

west-star User

most wallet warriors are daily in hades , you dont see them on the maps no more , problem solved , i guess XD

8. Hello Wyatt and Josie, I used the term "wallet warrior" as it does appear in the post's title.

I have flown with both you and Josie and we have been allies over the 5 years that I have played this game.

You both fly with honour and integrity, in my humble opinion.

To me, a w/w, is some one who uses $ to buy their $kill for dishonourable reasons. They buy UFE in a short time frame.

They then singularly or in a "like-minded MCC" pick on or BULLY, those that are weaker.

They war all clans of their companies so as to not lose honour as they easily pop the weaker. How ironic that the dis-honourable would be

concerned about honour. (RANK)

Then to top it off they BRAG how good they are in "Gloat-All" chat.

Gone are the days, when higher players patrolled our maps to help and protect the weaker players.

The good thing about these players and clans is that they do not last, butt sadly come back with a different name.

Butt at least we get a break.

This is my opinion............

See you two in our "friendly skys" and enjoy the game............

PS, you are my first use of the "Quote someone feature". Hope it works, O-0....

*Baba-Yaga* and WyattEarp like this.
  9. WHY WOULD ANY COMPANY WANTS TO GET RID OF THE PPL WHO ARE SPENDING THERE MONEY

10. Kneusje

Kneusje User

All what we can see on last week of the game or the day when event started is that DO find big knife for all players no matter free or who put money in game.
    - homepage not fixed like they write ..still have problems
    - i buy premium and doubler, now with double i collect 36uri with pilot points on boxes and all protocols on pet
    - cant build our bases , cos DO take our lvled modules they gone from inventory and base cant be build
    - game is not dead but will be soon cos they eat money to give nothing back
    - 18 kupier gates no rewards ..so nice , do you know how much time need to build that , i am sure you know
    - lag in game what is not fix like need to be like was before
    And now i will ask you my game friends do you think that i care about some desgine here or that my drons are blue or red or with masqu or without? or pet? or ship?
    I WILL LIKE TO PLAY but they take our breath away like to game

:)

11. chilninja

chilninja User

the problem with wallet warrior isnt that they spend money, the game is a business it needs money. the problem is what they cant buy. the fact that you can literally buy your way fe, do a few dozen gates, which are easily bought, is the problem with the game. there wouldnt be a wallet 'warrior' if they couldnt buy the best weapons before leaving x-1. that was the whole original idea, remove the ability to buy yourself to the top, but still have the ability to buy things (that arent weapons/uri/gates) for business sake

-oversoulpaul- and badwon[spt] like this.
  12. WyattEarp

WyattEarp User

Wow, thank you. And, I liked your definition of wallet warrior. I couldn't come up with those words. You certainly nailed it. See ya in the orbit.

13. WyattEarp

WyattEarp User

Wouldn't this post belong in another thread?

14. WyattEarp

WyattEarp User

Until the day comes when they ban people permanently and get rid of things like, according to rumor, reselling/recycling ships, giving ships away, etc, that they cannot be used again, this is going to continue to happen. Old school players 8+ years, like myself, learned long ago how to cooperate, which was necessary to get things done. I find it offensive, that the newer accounts hit harder and have more power and with a credit card can buy a ship with upgraded equipment, like lf-4s. I don't think bigpoint, or whoever the owner is now, realizes that good business is retention, while growing a larger customer base with new acquisitions. That being said, until BP finds a way to remove the "banter" (insults) and giving out warnings instead of banning, consistently, assign encryption keys to the owner of the ship to prevent others from using it and other things, the wallet warriors will still be flying their egos in the game.

15. No, No, No, without Wallet Warriors there is no Dark Orbit so. The game needs more players in order for the game to survive they must do away with some servers and put some players in to one big server and balance it... So what is going to happen Sooner or later they will move all of us to a server should I say transport us to where there is more players... like all of US servers as one all EU as one and so on balance. So some servers will go Dark (shutdown) in time. with that in mind there will be no more Wast 1 No More East 1 East 2 East 3 it will just be USA server and so on. same for the rest of them Global it will just be one or 2 depending on how many players they can fit in to one server.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  16. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

No matter how you look at it, it is money that keeps the game alive no matter how much or little you spend income is still needed to pay for development. You will always have those that will pay to be at the top of the tree and this will never change as history as proved and for those of us who do not have the mega amounts of cash to buy our way through have got our pride in what we have achieved and that is something money can't buy.

17. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

free players also pay with adds so increased advertisements could remedy the need for wallet warriors. I of course fully support vanity and DO updates to make vanity better. It balances out the power dynamics.

18. YES but then the ads need to work properly also. I have been trying for 3 days to use the videos to send my SkyLab transfers faster and get 2 ads constantly that do not work and can not get the information that support wants to find and correct the issue. One does not even start to play and the other is an OXY ad that plays all the way through until it is time to collect the reward and does not ever give the reward. They tell me to "Inspect" the ad then "Edit HTML" but can not see any "EDIT" button or command anywhere in the "INSPECT" screen. Even went as far as to ask for a screen shot to assist me but have failed to get that. Getting 8 of these 2 ads a day really stinks then add an error saying I have waited too long and to contact Support killing the 9th, if I am lucky I get ONE 45 minute reduction in the transfer.

19. -»orfa«-

-»orfa«- User

There are many disgruntled points being made on this thread. I would like to focus on the constant moaning about wallet warriors stopping the new players from staying.

Simply, just bloody well help the new players yourselves.

How much time do you spend in lowers helping others with quests? How often have you accepted noob players into your clan to help them with credits? Have you built up alliances with other clans that help your own company? From the majority of these posts the answer is no.

You don't need to be a wallet warrior to kill a wallet warrior - learn some skill and teach your new players ways to avoid and outsmart the wallet warriors.

I fly a leo - with no GG rings, no havoc - and yet the wallet warriors still run when they don't have the advantage.

Focus on the group not yourself.

Regards

20. Don't know what all the fuss is about here. Games are created by companies, that require some income to keep the game maintained. This comes from said wallet warriors. They're always portrayed as evil or bullies, and they can be, and could drive new players away. There are also those who help their company, new players. Sure, they're rarer, but it's a small price to pay. Not to mention, what ww's gain in equipment they tend to lose in experience ;) ive had more than enough fun destroying players who have the capability to kill me in 5 seconds, but can't. If you're having serious issues with someone, ignore them and go somewhere else or log off. Nothing else deters more than a lack of confrontation or challenge, or in this case lack thereof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.