[UI]LNSP (Large Number Simplification Project)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by [*PEACEKEEPER*], Jun 3, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings fellow pilots, I bring with me tides of good cheer and joy with this new update from the desk of PEACE.

SO, as we all know, quests can give out large numbers of EP, Honor, etc, and sometimes our brains forget what gives certain levels of EP / or we misread them as something else.

THEREFORE, I propose a change up to how the numbers are displayed in the templates. Instead of displaying the raw integer value of the element (EG - EP: 1000000000) - which is 100 million EP reward, would instead be displayed as ( 100Mil / 100m / 100mil / 100 Million ), which simplifies the process of reading down the trail by quite a bit when doing large numbers of quests / reading numbers / etc.

BUT THINK OF THE CHILDR- I mean bugs that break the game. Yes, this update may not be designed to fix any particular issue, but rather it is there as an accessibility option for players to better read off large numbers as DO by default does not commatize their numbers.

Example usages:

100000000 - > 100 Mil / mil / m / million / Million
    76043943 - > 76.04 Mil / mil / m / million / Million
    10004 - > 10k / 10 thousand
    558482 - > 558.4k / 558.4 thousand
    1000 -> 1k / 1 thousand

This project is simply designed to make reading of numbers quicker and more efficient. And for those of you who are into deep-level statistics and analytical observation, The true number could be displayed while hovering / on a toggelable click that could be done from the client.

Please post any thoughts / suggestions (specifically for how the short should be displayed) and any other banter relating to the project at hand

2. Hydraz

Hydraz User

One of the biggest No tickets I've ever seen. What, you can't be bothered to read numbers? Maybe toss commas in for 1000000 -> 1,000,000 automatically, that would be handy. But more than that is ridiculous. You even mentioned that was the problem to begin with, but still proposed this over the top thing. Approximating the numbers (with slang no less!) just because you can't take 3 seconds (if even that) to read properly is absurd. Toss in the commas if anything, that would do it. That would be common sense, I'd support that. But this is an awful solution to a very simple problem, if you can even call it that to begin with.

3. jackknife

jackknife User

I like this comas so maybe I won't again bib 5000000 for 2x

4. Note: The thread will be re-opened only if the OP requests for it.

Enjoy the game.

Closing due to inactivity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.