[UI] New item: power core?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Anecrophilliac, Apr 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just an idea for a new item, what about a power core? name it differently or whatever suites the developers but I was thinking, if there was an item you could put in your generator slots that could be triggered only manually that would divert power (hence the name) to shields, weapons (lasers only not missiles of any kind), or speed gens and based on the level of the core (IE: PC1, PC2, PC3) would boost the output of those items.

Kind of like this:Shields

PC1: regenerates 2% total shield pool per second in combat 2M C~
    PC2: regenerates 3% total shield pool per second in combat 10M C~
    PC3: regenerates 3.5% total shield pool per second in combat 15K U~

Note: the charge would last for approximately 30 seconds and have a cool down of 2-3 min?

Weapons:

PC1: increases weapon damage by 5%
    PC2: increases weapon damage by 7%
    PC3: increases weapon damage by 8%

Note: the charge would last for approximately 10 seconds and have a cool down of 3-4 min?

Speed gens:

PC1: increases speed by 15%
    PC2: increases speed by 20%
    PC3: increases speed by 22.5%

Note: the charge would last for approximately 20 seconds and have a cool down of 1-2 min?

There would be a button to toggle for each mode so you could use 1 item for 3 different styles of combat, each with there own unique cool down phase. Different situations call for different action and strategy, i thought this idea might bring a little bit of depth to the combat aspect in PVP and PVE. I also thought it would create a LOT more strategy in the type of generator and quantity levels to get that perfect balance of survivability vs. damage output vs. escape plans, considering the power core would not add ANY kind of stats to the ship unless used. Then, after use, depending on how you use it, you would be left with a cool down phase with different ranges and having to contend with your setup.

someone please comment, i want to know what you think about an item like this

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.