[UI] New ship Designs from my old game idea.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by CRAZY-8-CIRCUS, Dec 9, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I really enjoy designing Ships and other things for games I started developing a game like Dark orbit years ago unfortunately it never went any where and most of my work died with an old Hard drive Now I figure id like to put my talent to use. Also a cool game mechanic could be Building your own custom ships with random parts for example Goliath wings on a Peanut and add generator/laser slots depending on parts used.

I know there are a lot of 08 purists here but as Dark orbit evolves you get much more to do and you don't loose interest in the game so by throwing more ideas out there to Big point some may stick and others wont.

Another aspect of my old game was you could park at a dock and first person a planet with your Pilot and shoot aliens on the planet. a modern twist to that would be PVP like fortnight or something. when your done on this planet gathering resources you could simply go back to space.

By implementing this sort of Game size it would have to be downloaded as a 10gb+ game and used online like newer MMO games This could also relieve the problem of Flash player no longer being supported. Things like Galaxy gates, Hanger, Skylab and much more could be drastically updated with new 3D graphics. I guess you could say it would be like a new game.
    Just throwing ideas out there and i am sure other people can add input as I take it upon my self to design and develop things for Dark orbit and post them here.

Some simple old ship designs...

Ship 1
    [​IMG]

Ship 2
    [​IMG]

Ship 3
    [​IMG]

I apologize there are no Graphical details like Windows or paint schemes they where all lost to the digital abyss I do plan on re making the decals in my design software only if needed I also Am currently working on more ships and Planets I will just have to update my yearly subscriptions to unity or Unreal engine. Depending on which one will be more useful to DO.

Scrap collector Ship AKA Space dustpan an idea for a scrap/resource carrier a fairly large ship with a ton of Cargo space 100.000+ for resource farming and collecting destroyed ship scrap for your scrap yard. This ship will move slow and have 15 shield 10 lasers. This ship could also just collect resource by flying in to them vs clicking. How ever bonus boxes should still be clicked.
    [​IMG]

IPBAN Rocket for the bot in you!!!
    Paired with either an NPC Or Chat Moderator using the BOT-POP5000 ship using this against a bot user it will give the user a chance to prove he/she is not a bot if they can not prove it then IP Ban according to Dark Orbits bot rules.
    [​IMG]

BOT-POP5000 NPC Using the same algorithm used to spot suspicious activity this NPC pops up and investigates.

[​IMG]

BOT-POP5000 Player ship.
    [​IMG]

I started Designing the space Junk yard today I will have to make iterations and finish it.
    [​IMG]

And the turret for Protection and NPC scrap collection. These turrets will Destroy NPCs and collect scrap with an NPC scrap collector.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A different ship design the three laser/engines rotate.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Farsan likes this.