[UI] OLD laser animations

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by FItty3, Aug 15, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. FItty3

FItty3 User

Can you put the old laser animations back as a personal thing like you the 3-d only you see it but still i miss them I mean look at this sexyness http://prntscr.com/g8s1sh while this normal animations looks like you are shooting pottatos at the enemy http://prntscr.com/g8s25n
    i don't know but i feel the old RSB's look like they do more..

2. batata

batata User

Old graphics all the way, new ones are garbage.

FItty3 likes this.
  3. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Imo the new graphics fit into this game content what we have now, rather than old graphics. If you want old graphics, whole game is supposed to be rollbacked, which won't happen anyways.

4. batata

batata User

"Imo the new graphics fit into this game content what we have now, rather than old graphics"
    LOl what? This game is about space. The old graphics were a good combination of syfy and realism. This new graphics on the other hand look nothing more than a baby cartoon.
    " If you want old graphics, whole game is supposed to be rollbacked, which won't happen anyways"
    That would be the best update they could ever do.

5. Sapphire

Sapphire User

If they would bring the old DarkOrbit back, the game would be even more dead than it's now and there's reasons.
    1. The newbies would have tough times to survive with 2k start amount of Uridium.
    2. If the game would be the same until this day, people won't play it, since it's still the same game and nothing new.
    3. DarkOrbit is a pay-to-win game, that's why it won't be interesting so long, if no new things will come up.
    4. The graphics may be what they are, but you need to understand that the spaceships would be also developed as a new technology, it's called as improvement. Believe me or not, even in real life the spaceships would be changed by their look significantly. That's what happens in DarkOrbit, I don't want to play 8-bit retro game in 2017.
    5. Everything needs to be re-planned, such as events if you want to make new look-a-like events in old game.
    6. 500 Uridium for repairing ship? Nah, you must be kidding, it was terrible idea even for the newbs.
    There is more reasons why old DarkOrbit won't be brought back and even if we truly wanted it, it wouldn't happen anytime soon and I don't think Bigpoint would waste time for such a terrible idea. The game needs to be developed, whether it's new or old, otherwise it will die and it will die even if it was developed.

6. FItty3

FItty3 User

The graphics for lasers are just a picture you know its a 2 sec fix ... they wont need to remake anything i am not sure if you understand how it works but laser animations is a picture a still frame like the ships that is made around a moveing model so changeing them back is as easy as swaping out the pictures... probabbly bit harder to make em look presentable but noting close to rolling back the game and the old graphics exept SAB are better for lasers any if you really want realistic they should be invisible... true story lasers that damage things are invisible...... and they dont make anykind of pew pew sound and who wants to trow pottatos at people when you can be ZEUS and zap em

7. FItty3

FItty3 User

About the game rollng back its a bad idea the game was sooo hard it was colose to impossible i was colonel back then on my old ship took me 8 months to make my pet lvl 14... i played 6 hours a day lvl 18.. i had 2 alphas 1 beta you did gama with a buddy to buy you ammo and swap out when the laggspike hit so you dont die in gates you play he loggs in and presses start then doesnt go in but stays in the shop to buy you rockets and X2 ... now i have 60 mil......... but i sure miss the old graphics even the first set looked awesome so detailed lookes so good i remeber there was an interaction if you had guns on your ship it showed vs when you didnt have now ships are so simple its sad memesis is the closest thing to them... yes they made them simple to make it less laggy but it shold be a personal choise how much do you see now the only thing that changes from a ship point is is it flat or not not much choise there eh... http://prntscr.com/g9rcgl you can still see how cool the ships looked when you change to enforcer/bastion even tho they are second set.. the old struners looked nicer to old Devs looked scary like the mordons man they were beasty figet spinners with razor blades sacked that was a view.. http://prntscr.com/g9rc2p

8. batata

batata User

1) Ok lets just forguet how much expensive the game is now compared to then. fl3 10k, fl4 100k (+ 100k ups), bio 10M, hercs tomuchtocount ...
    2) I dont think new equipment, wich is impossible to get without bots, is necessary to make the game interesting. Back then the pvp, the events and the need to get your ammo stock high was more than enouth. I myself play a game were they almost dont make updates related with power increase and it is doing much better than DO being almost as old. Moreover i must point out that the "new updates" from DO actualy drove people away and all is left are mostly bots and some heavy buyers.
    3) Yes it IS p2w and that is the reason for almost no one being playing it with or without new things.
    4) I dont think space ships/stations look that much diferent from the ones of the space race. Take soyuz for example. Also new designs always are more directed to the utility side of the craft rather than beauty. And even in the far future the ships shoud still look functional or at least logical wich is someting this new graphics are not in any way. (Ps: I just love retro "DOS" graphics :D).
    5) Nothing against. Just want to point out that late evens (general opinion) are not good for people other than ufes. Back in the old client i remember some eggs containing 1k uri in an event.
    6) That is maybe the only thing this version has better than the old one together with the new auction.

I dont think u are talking about the old client from 2010 (wich is what we want back), since pet didnt exist. Also DO wasn´t about gates or having infinite ammo, it was about fun.
    I saw those images and i remembered the time when DO ships actualy looked like space ships made from metal (rather than plastic). Also the time when aliens were scary (like aliens in a game should be :D) rather than pathetic.
    "i remeber there was an interaction if you had guns on your ship it showed vs when you didnt have now ships are so simple"
    Yes that is one thing laking in today´s games in general. I remember when u were full shields those cilinders like in bastion apeared and when u were full guns the ships looked like a c-130 with all weapons out :rolleyes: or when u were full engines. U could see your progress with it.

FItty3 likes this.
  9. FItty3

FItty3 User

I started playing long before PET but to show how hard the game was and yes the new LF-4 is 100k and 100 more for the upgrade but that is 200k back then you got 50 uri from a cibi now you get 1024 so it seems dif but its not now you made pet 15 in a week or if you try hard you can do it in a day or less(with boosters and hidger lvl missions.. ) the ammo coment was about the fact that X4 were something special you used on special ocations vs ships and RSB was for the UFE+++ EMP what is that 500 uri for not dieing if you were premium it was cheeper to die and come back rather than use EMP and live and if you were not it was 500 uri down the drain either way because there was no spaceball that gave you thousands of repair credits.

10. batata

batata User

The cubikon always gave 1024 uri, check this vid at 0:56

200k uridium back in the old client would pretty much give u a FE status. I cant just acept that the game before bio was harder than now. Yes there was that 500 uri to repair and the auction but u could do just fine with a credit ship (i had a piranha :eek:). The point about this is that the old client (aka everything before the bio) was focused in pvp and pve (in maps), wich is fun, while this version is focused in (money grab :rolleyes:) farming equipment forever, wich is boring as hell. Thats why the smashing majority of players uses bot.
    "there was no spaceball that gave you thousands of repair credits"
    It was, it just wasnt so well notified:

Bdw take a look at the coments ;)
    Also in the old client the comunity was nicer, u didnt saw your own company veterans raming new player, u saw them protecting them. It was about fun not hating like now.

11. Sapphire

Sapphire User

I think he most likely meant that before the Cubikons were shot together due to the low possibility to shoot them alone. :D

12. batata

batata User

Those times when the cube was OP :rolleyes: