[UI] Reworked ranking system

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by D34mon, Oct 21, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. D34mon

D34mon User

I would love to see DarkOrbit move away from the old system. The old system got broken when gates were released. It removes any real player skill and promotes active botting as the way to get ranked higher is to spam gates essentially.

What I would like to see is PvP based ranking with reward tied to the rank at the end of some time frame(could be monthly or per 3 or even 6 month basis). I wouldn't completely remove the PvE aspect from the rankings but I would put a lot more focus and weight on PvP aspects. Doing this would bring more players to play the game themselves and not rely on bots. This would be a right step forward since the current system is way outdated and new players regardless of their skill have 0 chance.

TLDR: Time gated rank seasons with reward tied to each rank that award players that actively participate in PvP and also let those who wish to focus on PvE stand at least some basic chance but put more emphasis on PvP.

SkylarGrey likes this.