[UI] Stage 1 botting system

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ZÿИΛPS™, May 2, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. relax

relax User

The ones who used bots have good ships(of course they have), maybe some of them are good players.. right ? So BP keeps this 1 stage system because of that.. hmm, nice move BP.. those players can win the JPA, but you don't give them money(no problem, you told them that), but if they win, you keep the 10.000€ until a player that isn't stage one, so that means you give a loooot less money than you would have to give normaly, right ?
    I am happy I am not in stage 1.. maybe in a few months I will take your money, like others did :))

2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

What a weird thread ... Zynaps, regardless of what you are trying to argue, do not make up complete rubbish.
    You have never won JPA, you are not a great fighter by any standards. Making up rubbish just makes it look like your argument is weak if you have to lie to make it sound better.

3. I'm sorry my mistake, I meant TA. I never said I was a great fighter..But guess what since you mentioned it, maybe i AM...:cool:
    No need to be rude?
    Please dont call me a liar...It is offensive...I made an error that's all....

Love and kisses Okapi32

4. Ban stages are simple : If you use bot, you will get banned :cool:
    Dont forget, you agreed rules before you register.

5. Wrong!,
    The rules were changed overnight, therefore I cannot read the person who sets the rules mind....
    I keep up to date with the forums and I'm telling you as a fact the rules were very soft for stage one bots (it was actually a three day ban). Therefore, get your facts right. Most players were cheating for A LONG TIME & DARK ORBIT DENIED IT, then, and only then, did everyone decide to bot and dark orbit DECIDED TO roll out the NEW RULES overnight and took everyone's pilot points away and privelliges...(THEY MIGHT OF WELL SWITCHED OFF THE LIGHTS FOR GOOD) IMHO.

Yh, I agreed that dark orbit has an 'as & when' Policy that they can literally change overnight and make an excellent turnover and hurt decent players wallets...You must be insane to say that it's okay?

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. FLΛSH™

FLΛSH™ User

This is a very messy thread and I am surprised it has been allowed to continue as long as it has but here are my thoughts:

Firstly, the cheats were successfully purged from the game. I am confident that I have not witnessed any autolocks for a long time and any attempt to has been dealt with a swift ban. I have more reason than most players to point and accuse considering the years of abuse I received as a proven clean, honest player and I still receive that wonderful attention from a certain EIC clan on GB1. However, I want players to move on from this and learn to enjoy the game while they still can. You might think I am naive but nobody has sound, unquestionable proof that autolock is still an issue so please refrain from accusing certain clans (avit and boc).

Secondly, to an extent Zynaps, you are right. There is a clear inconsistency to how cheats have been treated now to how they were treated in the past. Darkorbit invented some garbage about how there was a divide between malicious and non-malicious cheaters which was a mere cover-up story to hide the fact they were too late to act against cheats. They should have instantly banned players but that's too late now as well - I wouldn't hesitate to ban them but that's because I find it intolerable to have them still playing. But we must be realistic.

What we are left with is a cleaner game with the same level of toxicity. Seriously... move on. I personally think it is better to play a different game because Darkorbit is dead but I will learn more about this soon...

Finally, on an unrelated but mentioned note - is there supposed to be rewards for TA? I certainly wouldn't believe they are keeping the scoring system for TA the same if it is.. I simply do not have the time or motivation to grind out 1,000s of TA matches.

[​IMG]

ZÿИΛPS™ likes this.
  7. Runcho

Runcho User

Yes, I want to enjoy the game too, but when I (as a free player) participate in event (PvM event) and make some kills and I am benched from any rewards I do not enjoy, I get frustrated. It's been 2 years since I was punished, I still haven't got my stuff back to where they were. The way the support is treating me also doesn't help - I am back from about a month playing and it's almost a week since I spend more than 2 mins to sep my ship during the day. Now the things are not getting better with this new event and it's not just for me (25 uri per ammo, oh come on!). Now you will say that you can get 2k for free from the newsletter. Well guess what - those ammo from the newsletter weren't given to me to my GB1 ship, they were given to a noob ship on GA2 that I haven't played from 4 years. And this happens for 2nd time actually instead of my active GB1 ship I get to an inactive random server that I have clicked a long time ago. Considering the 'cheap' prize of those ammo I am thinking not to participate in those quests as it gives me no benefit to completing them so this is another event that I am not going to be able to enjoy and take part of. Aren't all players suppose to have equal chance to play the game? (well UFEs will always win, but not all ships in the game are UFEs, you need to have noobs around too and this is not gonna happen if the things don't get better).

ZÿИΛPS™ likes this.
  8. FLΛSH™

FLΛSH™ User

Stopped reading there, I do not sympathise for those who cheated... you had it easy

Tarron likes this.
  9. FLΛSH™ Said:
    Succint piece of information.

TBH,
    nothing left in this game is positive, it hasnt been user friendly for some time and you could blame it on the stage 1 bots. To add, some of those naughty botters only tried it once, for a short period. I think that is where all the problems lie in this game, don't you?.....

May I add:
    Odd, a free browser game attempts to take away things that people purchased with real cash (in all the history of computer/console games; players and game developers, at some point ((usually when gameplay is exhausted)) relied upon people unlocking cheat codes in mags, books or in game. I question, what makes a rather expensive FREE browser game any different?).

Was it all part of the plan?

Be good...

Last edited by moderator: May 9, 2015
  10. From my point of view it seems as if this was the plan from the start. Do has always known about the cheaters. They used the situation
    to line their pockets. In the process Destroyed legit players from the game. Tbh Id bet that more 90% of the players left are cheaters and UFE. In reality that ban that netted the so called legit players was the only time I seen the real cheaters get banned. When DO reconfigured the script they got their account back 3 or 4 days later. In the 3 or 4 days I didn't see a single Botter or Auto locker.The minute they got their accounts back they were back to their same dirty deeds.That's when I realize that it was some sort of connection between Do, the cheats and bot makers. So regardless of what ideas we may have it wont work. Because DO/BP cheats their customers and most of the players have the same mindset as the company. Unfairness/Greed/Contempt. Thats why nothing is positive in this game. It's just not a fun game anymore.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    Tarron and ZÿИΛPS™ like this.
  11. Well said
    _-DarkOverLord-_

Sadly, I think you are right. I really don't want to believe it. However, seeing as the amount of money we have spent and the horrible messages they post about being loyal to other servers, (they shouldn't tell us about them focusing on areas that don't concern us) I regret to say all of the things you have mentioned are true.

12. Azarameus

Azarameus User

Zy mate, following a brief conversation with you in chat during which you claimed I had "a bad attitude and shouldn't be in the game" I feel the need to reply here. Due to working unsociable hours most of my time in the game is in the early hours of the morning so in the period before the big ban wave I saw so many high ranked players tirelessly popping lordakias and strueners. However I remained one of the 5% that actually flew my ship and stayed honest. Then finally DO realised there was a problem and the Staged bans were inflicted and removed the cheater's pp and upgrades - however they got to keep all their other ill-gotten gains including lf-4s and drone designs. I still see some of the same accounts flying around and boasting in chat how good they are, so perhaps you will understand why my attitude towards cheats isn't positive? What did I get for remaining one of the few that didn't even "try it for 2 hours"?

13. Azarameus:

I understand exactly what you are saying, and agree that it is totally unfair for normal players in the game who never played the game for 'free gains' I am not justifying cheating in any way and don't make up excuses for the players that have been dealt with. Moreover, I still believe that it wasn't fair when a huge wave of players were banned but still remain in the game, I ask DO why have the rules changed and what makes anything different now, as it was two years ago?

On the other hand, I disagree to a certain extent with the players who just say that cheating is cheating. For the reason that, just before the 3 day ban was unfairly compromised there was a very detailed and interesting post in the forum that thoroughly explained the different types of cheaters in the game. It explained each stage of the bans and type of punishment. I believe it was deliberately put in the forums to tempt innocent players into trying out the 'Dark Orbit bot'. Furthermore, I believe DO were aware of this. Then they decided to change the rules overnight and let everyone that was caught get a slap on the wrist. Maybe it is because the system they had in place couldnt do its job properly? This leaves cheaters 'still exploiting' the game through ill gotten gains and another type of cheater that was unfairly sanctioned. I am sure you are correct in saying that players became an 'ufe status' from cheating and made millions in uri. However, surely DO could have been more meticulous in combing each individual account to analyze the gameplay and detect the time a player spent 'botting?'

Lastly, I too would be very angry if they withdrew the stage 1 botting and certain players that slipped under the radar from before got away with so much....I just want answers to DO mechanics of how they detected the 'bots' and to what extent do they actually know which players, did what, and when?

Answers are better backed up by evidence.

P.S

Do you think I would waste all of this time arguing if I never had a point?

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  14. The method by which they detect bots will never be provided. And, why should it be? That would only give those that want to break the rules and create the methods for doing so more information on how to create their cheats.

15. Azarameus you probably got the same thing I got. Slaps in the face and a half built UFE account. I'm barely able to fly the maps without being insta popped by some clown in red and blue, that got most if not all their stuff for free.

Azarameus likes this.
  16. Just one important thing,
    I paid for absolutely EVERYTHING on my account. To make matters worse I paid for my PP twice. So, count yourself lucky you only paid once.

Regards.

Zyn.

P.S
    Dark Orbit know how much I spent and are keeping quiet about it.

Runcho likes this.
  17. I am literally laughing my a#@ off right now reading this thread. You cheated and stole from BP and got busted, not you can't win prizes in certain events. TOO BAD!!! You chose to do so. You choose today to put money in knowing full well the rules. Too bad. You knowingly broke the rules. You knowingly stole from Big Point. Too bad.
    What world do you live in? If you get a felony conviction that will and does follow you until you die. You cannot vote, you cannot get a good job, you cannot get government assistance for your education. So yes, you do pay a lot more for your crime than meets the eye. Also, bail is used to get released from jail until your trial. If you're found guilty at that trial you do indeed go to jail to serve your sentence. In your case your sentence is still being served so shut up.

You guys who are stage 1 stole. You are thieves. You're lucky you still have your accounts. You have a problem spending money and can't get a return? DON'T SPEND!!! You know the rules.

Tarron and -AdamantiumDragon- like this.
  18. Runcho

Runcho User

This is the point - I accept the BAN as punishment, if bigpoint wants to punish me they should BAN COMPLETELY my account and to be done with it, instead they cancel certain events from me. So yet they want us to stick around for some reason, but they demotivate us even more. And before you quote what suits you did you read all I said in the post? Do you see my point? Or you see just what you want to see.

This is not entirely true, the rules change as it suits to Bigpoint. BTW when they implemented the stage 1 botting they didn't say anything for the special events, I found out about it now, 2 years later. You may be able to see in the future and know the future rules, but we (mortals) don't.

Last edited by moderator: May 12, 2015
    ZÿИΛPS™ likes this.
  19. It doesnt matter how much money you paid for your account,
    If you use bot = You will get ban.
    We need see fair players in this game, we dont need see botters.

Tarron likes this.
  20. Bakjam

Bakjam User

It feels like you want to threat everybody the same, which I think to a surten degree is oke. However there will always be people who get away with botting / pushing, (even if its just because they used it in the past, didn't get caught and now don't use them anymore). We simply can't give everybody the same threat, times are changing and I think its a good thing that punishments are getting worse. You can't give everyone the same punishment for the same crime, this is exactly the way it works in our current law-system, things have changed and things always will change, without change, botting could still be attractive and rune the game.

ZÿИΛPS™ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.