[UI] Update the GUI / UI / HUD

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SolarBurn, Jun 20, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. SolarBurn

SolarBurn User

As we know now, the most recent HUD was introduced at about 2012, and it's not catching the new modern standards.

The newer huds in various games have a health bar AND a numeric health display, same goes for shields.

The new HUD could use a sleek, polygonal design, retaining the blue color scheme, but having an improved appearance in general.

Tribes: Ascend is a good example of how the shield/health bar could look like, simple and nice.

The icons for aliens & ships in the Group tab are just ridiculous and looks like they were made in microsoft paint, and we could instead use the names instead of ridiculous icons that make little to no sense.

The names of targetable objects (Such as aliens and other players in-game) should have their own font instead of using various icons available on a keyboard, since this has been in use since, i don't know, 2006?

In other words, keeping the UI up to modern standards would be great, as it would look so much better, and would feel more fluid.

2. OrbitGuru

OrbitGuru User

and waste time that they should be using to fix the mess from the last 3 screw ups they did, and after that they should work on more important things..

so basically, is this a bad idea? no. do they have way too many bigger priorities for a while? definitely

3. 3 last problems im assuming u mean the assembly bug and not being able to log on and the backpage those problems got fixed already and solar DO need a styling update but I think its not in the budget I think its all about money on one of the twitch streams one of the guys said there trying to save up as much money as they can for there workers so that then they could lower the prices on things and update the game better sounds greedy to me sinces they have a small team 30 or less seems like extra money going else where I think there hearts aren't in it, alot of the original team left ages ago seems we dealing with straight out of college kids now, there un organized they always messing up bc of lack of communication that ends up making there fans experiences bad its just bad Idk thinking of sending a letter to blizzard or STW to help these people out giving some tips lol.

4. OrbitGuru

OrbitGuru User

and also the drone formations always getting reset. really at this point the game is just dead to me, they refuse to do updates that add content. the same maps for 6 years when people keep begging for maps, and i know they added pirate maps but it take about 5 minutes to go through all 3 of them and if you pop in them you have to go alll the way around to get back in.

the developers just cant get their priorities straight, and must have never heard of economics because their prices are just insane.