[UI] Upgradable transport module

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by дỉЯᵽαỉиӺὀὀԃ, Jul 7, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why not make it upgradable? Each level takes a certain percent off of the transport time.

For example; at level 1, lets say the transport time is 6 hours. Each level is a 2% reduction of the transport time. So, at level 10, the time it takes to transport is (360 minutes - 20% = 4.8 hours)
    and at level 20, it is ( 360 - 40% = 3.6 hours)

Edit: Info in one place:

While upgrading, you may not send any ore to ship. If ore is currently being sent to ship, the module may not be upgraded.

Non-premium users: 2% transport time reduction each level. A 6 hour transport (3000 units) becomes 3.6 hours at level 20. Level 10: 20% time reduction. Level 20: 40% time reduction.

Premium users: 3% transport time reduction each level (an extra 1% over non-premium users). A 6 hour transport (3000 units) becomes 2.4 hours at level 20. Level 10: 40% time reduction. Level 20: 60% time reduction.

Current premium reduction is replaced with this one.

~AirpainFood~

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. Good idea, I support this. Although when you have it at level 20, getting the assumed 40% off the time, do premium members get half of that?

So if you wanted to send a max load 25,400 (Citadel ship + Logistics + PET Protocols + Cargo Expansion + Premium), it would take 15 hours, 14 minutes, and 24 seconds

40% is a pretty healthy speed up. Currently, it takes 1 day, 1 hour and 24 seconds :3

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  3. Currently, premium users get a 50% reduction in transport time. If this was implemented, either the bonus would be reduced (10% - 20%) or removed.

Thank you for your support :)

KilerStreak likes this.
  4. imapoofya

imapoofya User

So removing a premium perk and giving it to all? As much as I love the idea, I doubt it will be inplemented

5. Dæmση

Dæmση User

I think the best way to implement this with premium is to give 2% reduction per level for non-premium members and a 3% reduction per level for premium members.
    Cap the transport module at level 10 to avoid the boost being too strong.

6. imapoofya

imapoofya User

Why cap it? It's already more powerful than it would be for non-premium and only slightly moreso for premium.

7. Dæmση

Dæmση User

What I said would be too strong for a premium member.
    The bonus would have to be additive since a multiplicative bonus would be detrimental to a premium player.

Additive bonus at level 10: 80% reduction on time. meaning a 72 minute transport time for 3000 units (down from 360 minutes)

Additive bonus at level 20: 110% transport time reduction (i.e. you transport as fast as you can produce)

The bonus would be too strong so the only way this could be implemented is a very small bonus.
    0.5% reduction for non-premium members
    1% reduction for premium members
    Still a level 10 cap.

8. This would work well. No reason to cap it at level 10 however. If a transport takes 3.6 hours at level 20 for a non-premium member,(3100 units) it will take 2.4 hours for someone that does have premium. Right where it should be IMO. This premium bonus is good enough for people to want premium for this reason, and good enough for Bigpoint to consider it.

Your math is incorrect. 3% x 10 is 30, so 30% and 3 x 20 is 60%, for a premium user.

Last edited by moderator: Jul 12, 2015
  9. imapoofya

imapoofya User

No but he's taking into consideration the current premium reduction, which I think you said you wanted removed if this was implemented. 50% + 30% if it went to level 10 is 80%, then if it's 20 110%.

10. relax

relax User

This would be a good idea, leaving the premium reduction too.

11. To confirm the way I would like it to be:

Non-premium - 2% each level. At level 10 its 20%, 2 x 10 = 20, and at level 20 its 40%.

Premium - an extra 1% each level, making 3%. 30% at level 10 and 60% at level 20.

(These percent values can be changed)

Current premium reduction is replaced with this one.

~AirpainFood~

12. Sounds good.

13. relax

relax User

Why do u want to replace current things ? I mean, your idea is good, that reduction should work as u say.. for lvl 20 a 40% reduction of the full time - what premium gives, another 50%. So for a transport of 3k raw material :) your idea would turn 6 hours in 3,6 hours and the premium would turn that into 1,8 hours.

14. 1.8 hours is waaay too quick. That's why I said I wanted it replaced :)

15. relax

relax User

Yea so u want it replaced, with your bonus it would be 40% faster.. 10% slower than with premium in this moment, then what's the purpose ? It makes no sense, why would we want this like u say it should be ? :)

16. So non-premium users don't have to spend an eternity waiting to send their ore to the ship. Transport times were always too long, this decreases it across the board, and premium users still get a bonus. 60% at level 20. (vs the 50% we have now.)

17. I think the transport times are fine imo.
    I can still send 4000 ores 3 times a day ;)

18. Tarron

Tarron User

This will probably never happen for one reason. BP's goal is to get you to spend money.

jackknife likes this.
  19. Uhr_Drago

Uhr_Drago User

So keep it with it's reductions as originally intended and make the transport with premium immediate.

20. Yeah it is but this works out better for premium people still, so it may balance out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.