[UI] Upgrade pet with resources

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by BoringDude, Mar 5, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. BoringDude

BoringDude User

Wouldn't it be nice if we had two extra slots to upgrade with promerium or seprom?
    Pet slots:
    -Pet Lasers;
    -Pet Shields;

I think that this would be simply good to the game. Pet health goes up to 250k while his shield can only go up until 335k. Beeing that the shield absorption for the pet is 80% and even that moth formation reduced it to 60% the max shield absorption value for that hp would be 375k and since the pet never reaches this shield value there would be no point in moth formation, since you will take the 335k shield anyway before you take away all it's HP.
    But with seprom pet' shield would reach something like 470k making it worth to use the moth formation if you want to (would reduce by 140k the damage you have to make).
    Also with seprom or promerium on pet lasers it would give more damage, making it more sizeable in battles and it can be a choice to let pet farm NPCs instead of the main ship since pet with full alien protocols and with promerium or seprom is more conservative with laser ammo, so this would open up the range of choices the player could make about the usage of their ammo and play style.

Got any sugestions or feedback? I would love to discuss! :)

2. memrix

memrix User

Pet isn't supposed to be a full fledged ship, it must be weaker than a player ship, also if you were to make the pet stronger, you will just end up making UFE players even more overpowered, this will improve 1 thing though: it will improve the time it takes them to kill a weaker player, making the player likely to leave the game faster...

3. BoringDude

BoringDude User

Not in my opinion. Pet damage to Player ships is less then 40% of the main ship's damage. so even if you improve it by 60% with seprom it is still less then 60% of the main ship's damage. Making it not so overwelming as you might think. UFEs are going to pop people no matter if they have a pet 30 or 60 % stronger. Most of the time that I die to an UFE they don't even have the pet ON.
    There are ways to escape UFEs, and these ways don't change with the change in pet' strength.
    This does however increase the DPS vs NPCs more then it does vs players because of the nature of the protocols.

I do think that this change would require another change:
    Changing the combo repair gear. No deflection. So the player must choose between keeping the pet safe (with full life) or use kamikaze. If the pet has 2,5k HP to use kamikaze it can get poped easily. And if the pet has full life to not get poped (to get the full healing) then the kamikaze gear isn't of much use (unless life drops below a certain point).

So overall I don't believe this would enhance the supremacy of UFEs but rather give new tatics and inovative ways to play the game.
    Would you consider changing your opinion and therefore your vote? :)

4. memrix

memrix User

i can see you're really excited about this, but i'm sorry, i cannot support this idea. "UFE's are going to pop people no matter if they have 30 or 60% of the main ship's damage" --> to this i say yeah sure if there was a small chance you'd be able to get away with low health, let's crush that with another 30% extra...just to make sure...They do in fact use the pet often in my experience.

I like that you want to give the smaller players a chance at more damage to aliens, but the logic is flawed in the fact that pet upgrades are just not a priority for weaker players. Therefore the only people that will be able to truly use this, are the players that you aim to 'not help'. Do you understand my point of view?

BoringDude likes this.
  5. BoringDude

BoringDude User

Yes, I understand your position.:D
    You're right, it is true that UFE are going to get stronger if this was to be implemented. And yes new players wouldn't get stronger with this idea. But middle lvl players will.
    I am not UFE I don't even have Apis or Zeus but I have 9 pet slots in lasers (pet lvl 17), and 7 alien protocols. And my 10 prometheus lasers that I just got are better used on pet since I have no way of improving their damage other then drones (10%). With pet lvl and protocols it gives a bonus of 58% more damage. This is the way I found to make them have the highest value. They can have higher value on ship tho, if I had full havocs it would be 20% more damage, and if th drones were upgraded more 7.5% and with seprom + 60% and drill formation. But I can't get all those things. I can't even farm seprom I need it for pilot points and I need to wait 1 week to have seprom for each pilot point I use :oops:.
    I thought that if I could upgrade pet's lasers with promerium from cargo boxes it would give them the highest value I could have without beeing UFE.

I also thought of applying the upgraded ship's laser (like the promerium we already use) to the pet, but I don't want to waste the promerium on my lasers, only on the pet's. Because he actually has the highest damage right now, because 9 prometheus are like 35 LF4 (on BL maps) plus the alien protocols.. the pet deals more damage with 9 prometheus then me with full LF3 and some LF4.

6. D3AD-AH3AD

D3AD-AH3AD User

Do we really need more damage? I understand where you are coming from but it is just another thing to increase the gap between the strong and weak players. And the idea to send pet out on its own is horrible bots are bad enough to fight for locks on aliens. Not to mention all the bots that would have their pets roaming the map farming while they bot. I would rather quit then see this update happen. Would be much better dealing with bots to help the gap between players. Im tired of getting popped by players who i know spent nothing on the game besides the price of their program compared to all the money i put into the game. Kill the bots and a few merges would tighten the gap between players otherwise this game is just going to continue to die until its just 100% bots.

BoringDude likes this.
  7. Pet shield does not only go up to 335 - try more around 550k. With the ability to add sep to shields, or worse yet osmium, pet would be capable of 700-800k shields, which feeds into both pet sab and hp link gear. Pet does NOT need 1 mil ehp.

Furthermore, there are new pet lasers for pve exclusively coming out soon, which will deal 500 damage each. If pets can become sepped for damage, when there's already alien protocols that boost their damage by up to 96% more or laser protocols for up to 72% more, they will be hitting harder than ufe players on npcs, which seems a little wrong to say the least.

Also idk why you're trying to use moth on pets - that's not a thing. Anyone with a kitted pet with 250k hp will be running it on combo guard majority of the time, so you're doing next to no damage to it. The only time you'd be able to do damage to it is when they're running kami, and then it already has low hp so moth is irrelevant.

No.

BoringDude likes this.
  8. Nope.
    No support for this terrible idea.