[UI] Upgraded versions of credit ships.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by VESPID, Jul 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. VESPID

VESPID User

The proposal I'd like to make is to have upgraded versions of credit ships available in shop, in assembly or for payment.
    Much like the DefCom and Yamato ships, make the other credit ships available in shop, assembly or for payment with upgrades that make them competitive by comparison to the credit counterparts.

I'm certain more than a few would enjoy having a powerful version of a credit ship in the upper maps or GG where the credit ships would fail to be effective.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Defcom and Yamato ships was pulled out of shop because it has little difference it makes in the game unlike before, 32k hp, 16k hp, 3 laser slots and generator, 2 laser slots and 2 generator slots wont be beneficial in the state where the game evolved far more imaginable than the first the developers thought of, these credit ships are mostly often for players who still cannot afford to bid on auction for a much better variety or is saving credits for something else.

there is an upgraded version of the Nostromo ship, the ambassador one and other 2 ship designs for it that i forgot the name, but rather is difficult to obtain for it needs 5,10,25 friends that has reached atleast level 10 to be logged in your book as a "legit" friend and trying to cheat on it like creating a separate account and leveling them up in the same time on different browser wont work like in the past, same IP addresses on game wont be liable for the reward count on your friend invites.

nostromo is the only ship that rather is cool looking and had an idea by the developers, nostromo is versatile, fast enough and a little bulky too, unlike the bigboy which has 15 generator slots but rather too slow and only has 8 laser slots and only has little difference on the nostromo ship's hp.

i have heard news of a phoenix design that has an ability that damages nearby enemy aliens and ship for a duration around the phoenix, they say it costs 50k uri? i am not sure but thats what i have heard.

3. You could always do like me and upgrade a credit ship. My BigBoy's credit gear is just about all level 6. I understand the desire you have, but at the same time don't want the temptation to skip ahead. I was working on my Nostro, which has level 2 credit gear, but then came to find the Ambassador that was up for an event was a prize I would never be able to get so switched for the added, single, laser. Either way, although the Defcom and Yamato are nice ships, they can't hold sway. Main account has both and I just used them for limited power missions. Keep credit ships out of payment pool.

4. VESPID

VESPID User

Ok suppose they were available in the shop at a reasonable uri price, what stats should they be allowed to employ considering the notion that they are a better version of their credit counterparts?

Should the stats be determined by the price difference by making them star fighter and or battle cruiser size?
    Should the starfighter versions gain the basic Vengence ship stats and the Battle Cruisers get the basic goli stats and repair costs?
    Should they also be offered the basic designs or be given versions of the tech center or bio abilities that can be activated and have a cool down?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  5. A credit ship for payment :rolleyes: Oh wait - they did that already and now you want an design too. Since, you are not a free player might as well :cool:

6. VESPID

VESPID User

Pay for an upgraded version of a credit ship?
    Hell yes if it won't be available in shop, I seriously doubt I'm the only one that would prefer the look of a battle cruiser and or uri version of a credit ship with competitive stats.

I'm not asking for over powered versions, just battle ready stats for them.
    At the very least basic vengi or goli stats.

7. Why? I mean, there are already so many ships out there, especially with the latest hanger update we just got tons more to use. Why would they need to come up with a uri version or cash version of the credit ships? Is there really a need for a battle ready credit ship? Also, would it actually be used as a credit ship, no, it would be outfitted with iris, and B02, 7900 and LF3/4. And since it is not going to be a powerful as a standard goli/vengi, why would people pay money for it, except for the fact that DO put it out there to be sold? They are working on two ships to be introduced for play soon. Why mess with basic ships that new players could possibly use to run with until they can afford and/or win something better. There is enough confusion getting things out and working, why complicate things further?

8. VESPID

VESPID User

Have you not noticed that most ships being offered in the hangers look just like the basic goli ships?
    17 versions of in my opinion the ugliest looking ship in the game aren't needed and never should have been offered.
    Asking for how I want a ship with goli stats to look shouldn't be too much considering I'm willing to pay for it be it in payment or in shop.

I'd bet there are others out there that would love a non goli or vengi ship to have goli or vengi stats, I just happen to prefer the look of some credit ships over the looks of the basic goli.
    The Vengi I could take or leave I just don't like the look of the Goli and I shouldn't suffer for that reason.
    The 2 new ship being added to this game, do they offer goli or vengi stats?
    If not, you can add them to list of ships this thread covers.

Why settle for the credit ships be starter and not improvable if you're willing to pay for the improvement?
    Regarding the complications this idea would cause, that should have been considered before making 17 versions of the basic looking goli.

9. Ok, I have been following you for a while now and know you should be aware of the fact that the hanger system just changed recently making a lot of former designs into ships. Granted this affected the goli more than anything but meh. I personally use the bigboy and the nostro on a daily basis and am upgrading the equipment that is on them, which by the say is also credit equipment. I don't know why I am telling you this again... I tell what I am doing all the time. Now I am remembering what I find when following you, my mistake.

Anyways, I guess since your talking about my main focus on the game, I stay in this thread. Not improvable? I upgrade all the time. My profile will update you to this fact. You can do the same if you are going to play the ship. Are you doing that? You can look in the "Unofficial" thread for information about the new ships.

10. VESPID

VESPID User

Impressive as it is what u are doing, I prefer those ships "I am a big boy fan too" to get improved stats equal to either the vengi's or the goli's considering it is a battle cruiser class ship.

Are you saying u'd hate a Big Boy or Nostro with goli or vengi stats if you could get it in shop or payment?

11. PSK~SUNDANCE would only use it if it was available for credits in shop, as that is how he wants this account to be played. He is all Flax and LF-2 and G3N-6900 Speed and I don't know if he went BO-1 or AO-3 for Shields (I would go for the BO-1 myself for the higher dispersal rate). He has bid on the Citadel for Skylab Transfers and has the PET but those are the only Uridium items he wants to play with. However, he has stated he would buy designs if they were made available for either of the 2 ships he does fly. But if they made Uridium priced versions of these he would not buy them.

12. HMHY is correct and I do have B01. There is no reason to give those two ships goli/vengi stats. Actually there are designs for the nosto that give higher stats but they are hidden in "make up so call friends that play at least to level whatever" areas. I would not mind if they opened them up to assembly, but past that I don't need anything for uri/cash. I was really dissapointed when they put one as a prize only during an event that I clearly never stood a chance at, :rolleyes: much like the current event. Blah

13. VESPID

VESPID User

Lol....Same here but I'm willing to buy what I can when the offer is open.

14. I am cheap and I know it. Another reason I started this account, so I can play really cheap. "Cheap Cheap" :D

15. VESPID

VESPID User

I understand, I'm just trying to offer options where there are none.

16. why does everyone want to turn credit items into paying items, durr, do you not think this throught so all credit players. ie free player would have unique design but again some wallet munching monkey wants to create a free item for money
    NO NO NO NO NO.
    RELEASE CREDIT ITEMS FOR CREDITS NOT URIDIUM OR MONEY!!!
    that's whats killing this game as it is.

17. VESPID

VESPID User

No it isn't, that's like saying I can only have the hamburger not the cheese burger even if I'm willing to pay for it.
    You can throw that notion right the hell out of this thread, I don't see people running wildly in the fields attacking animals with air horns and rubber chickens because of this idea. I don't understand how it is destroying this game.

Please explain.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  18. Bakjam

Bakjam User

So to me this idea seems like you basically want to make new ships / designs, for the credit ships.

I don't think that is a bad idea, in fact, with the new update it is verry easy to get a new vengeance or goliath ship via the auction, as most of the desings we used to know have become ships. Thereby the old, real credit ships are now even less attractive and heavily underused, also because they suck compared with the ''uridium'' ships.

So that being sad I would love to see better and improved versions of these ships, not just with only more lasers or something like that, but also with their own set of unique abilities, which add different gameplay styles into the game. However I disagree with VESPID (the topic starter) when it comes to obtaining such a ship. We should be able to buy it in the shop at least, and maybey even craft it.

19. VESPID

VESPID User

I'm open to adding that notion to the idea, I'll do it now.