[UI] Upgrading The Leonov

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by HomeTownBoy, Jan 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. The Leonov, is an excellent ship for farming the lower maps. Tho, it is sad that it is only for lower maps, once this ship leaves the lower maps it becomes prey. Once it leaves its map the Hp lowers and its' protection is gone.

I see a lot of potential for this ship and it would be extremely interesting to see a new Elite Leonov with more HP extra guns slots and Gen slot and fly anywhere on Dark Orbits maps without losing its protection. In different colors too Red - Green - Blue

Why not just make a Mac Daddy Leonov Enforcer black with Flames.

2. Elite Leonov Enforcer Black ship with red and yellow flames or Red ship with White Flame. White ship with Red Flames, even Yellow ship with Racing stripes on it.

Yeah, I like it Already when Can I buy it?

If no one Else wants it you can make if for me only and I will fly it with pride.
    Lets drop more HP like a Goliath in it
    Let put 15 Gens Slots on it
    lets put 15 Lasers slots on ship
    And Let it keep the same protection on all maps without losing HP when It jumps gates.

For this ship I will quit flying my Vengeance Lighting

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  3. Nope

The Leonov is a starter ship, made for newer players. To get better and stronger, switch to Vengeance or above, as those are End-Game ships.

4. Not any more. These NEW ships are destroying that concept quickly.

5. VESPID

VESPID User

I'd be cool with 12 laser and generator slots but let it keep the x2 rocket dmg for all maps.

6. Okay, sure its a started ship, but why couldn't there be a Leonov Elite Enforcer? That has the same protection on all maps and the same HP as a Goliath, why can't that be? They can create a new design a Breed of Leonovs a new entire collection, think about it, a Leonov Elite Enforcer Bigger, Better, Faster, and Stronger!

7. VESPID

VESPID User

It would be just fine with the lower map stats the ship has but simply to upgrade the number of laser and generator slots to equal what it has concerning the power of the ship it loses in the upper maps.

The only thing needed in the upper maps is for the x2 non hellstorm type rockets damage boost to remain or for the ship to fire two of the non hellstorm of rockets at a time.

8. test020

test020 User

leonov does not need a upgrade, leonov was always a uridium-piranha, they only added the home map boost because people were picking piranha over leonov most of the times.

and it was never a issue in uppers (just like piranha), as a uridium ship i'd vote for a design with damage/shield increase when not on home maps, as the only credit ship with a "legal" design is bigboy and it has xp boost.

9. The Leonov has always been one of the best starter ships and still is one of (if not the best) starting ship currently available.

Anyway, I agree with the original posts, having no design or even cosmetics for the Leonov is quite insulting considering it's one of the original ships in this game.

10. The Leonov has always been one of the best starter ships and still is way not give it a 10% Honor & a 10% Experience designs with some what of a new look in color for each of them & sell for 150,000 uri each design or more. and keep it just for the lowers like it has always been.

_sentinel.prime_ likes this.
  12. I think this is a grate idea for new players to get some thing to help them.

13. apetown.

apetown. User

I agree that Leonov could have damage- and xpdesigns. Even as its just a "starter ship" it still packs huge punch on lower maps, and skilled pilot can pop ufe goliaths with ease on it.

14. VESPID

VESPID User

Nope, I wanna see a Leo that can be effective in all maps.
    Make a design with 12 generators and laser slots but offer either the x2 dmg bonus for the rockets or allow it to fire 2 non-hellstorm rockets at a time.

15. I disagree with this idea. You have a auction where you can bought Goliath enforcer and you will get a aditional 5% dmg boost.

The leonov is for newbie players, and for newbie players it's enough to have protection in lower maps. If you want to do pvp then pick a goliath and do it.

And for auction in some servers you can get goliath for only 10k credits max 100k. It's not a big deal even for a new player.

16. VESPID

VESPID User

I don't want a goliath, they are the ugliest ships in the game save for a few of the battle cruisers.
    If you are content with a 5% damage boost from that ship I say keep it, but do not impose it on me.
    I am less than impressed with the goliath ship on any level, the leo on the other hand I do like.

The look and handling of the Leonov ship right down to the boosts are all enjoyable, it is just in need of an any map version that includes standardized stats that mirror the lower map capabilities it offers as I mentioned in my last post.

The only real boost it would need would be the x2 rocket damage to continue to be an enjoyable ship to own and employ.

17. You can't make a leonov to be the best ship, just to say. The leonov ship is for newbie players only and have protection on lower maps, it won't have on upper maps and it wont be happen that. The reason is simple, DO designed that ship for newbie players not for pvp battle as you mention.

And for rocket damage it's not possible, what about if player with leonov use UBR rockets, that's too much. It's not a good idea.

18. I find it funny that there is so much support for the NEW ships that go against the Original Design of ship progression of D O and seem to have to be debuffed as they are so out of balance with the other ships available, shortly after everyone has gone out and bought them. But your against allowing a DESIGN being added to an Original Ship that allows it to compete with some of the other ships in the maps. It could be something that makes the Leonov look like the Surgeon gives the extra slots, extra rocket bay (not Launcher) for the damage boost, transfers the home map advantage to ALL the "X" maps where "X" is Company (which would include 4-X Company map) sorry I will not allow you to hunt in enemy maps with it.

So some people really like the Original Ships and want them to be competitive, even D O realized this when they relaunched Defcom and Yamoto ships. I say let them have their reworked design but have it bear the expense of real money or special gift for doing something.

19. Learn to read. DO makes leonov like big boy for starter players, and these ships aren't for pvp, use only if you want to die.
    And for UFES, at least where i play no ones enter in lower maps except in some events.

Did u ask yourself why new ships aren't available for buying via uri in shop?
    Everyone can get the new ships in assembly just need to do q-zone with a strong group and they will build it in assembly (isn't too hard).

You have vengeance, pusat is good too if you don't like goliath.

small ships have more speed, you have both of them. Speed , shield and dmg.

20. I am quite able to read. I made a suggestion to add a DESIGN to the Leonov to allow players who like it to continue to use it in their HOME MAPS, it still allows the NEW players to have the same ship they have now and if they want they can continue with it in the other HOME maps with the extra needed firepower for the NPC's of the uppers and PvP protection in their company Battle Map. This is about giving a player an option to fly a ship they really like instead of having to change to what YOU think they should desire to fly, they made designs for the Nostromo and Big Boy why can't they do the Leonov?

VESPID likes this.