[UI] Upgrading the Vengeance lighting

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by HomeTownBoy, Dec 15, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Life Needs upgrading, so many upgrades have taken place in Dark Orbit But,
    lets not forget about the V-Lighting the time has come for upgrades this ship is in need of upgrades. The VL the ship that lives up to its name needs upgrades bad. A new skin that allows the afterburner to remain on for whatever duration the pilot wants it to remain on like the Tartarus, tho the Tartarus is its own animal so is the Vengeance, with the new upgrade the Vengi will remain the king of the Dark Universe.

The new skin for the Vengi will allow the Vengeance 10% more HP and 10% Damage And adding two more slots for Gens. Effects for V-Lighting the Afterburner and the burner stays on like the Tartarus if the pilot wishes activated.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  2. VESPID

VESPID User

Why not just make the speed static instead of an ability that needs activation and time limit?

3. Please Explain?

4. or they could just leave the ship how it is i think it's just fine

WrongNickname likes this.
  5. I believe VESPID is saying to make the speed boost permanent and not have any activation or time limit it can be used. Meaning the Lightning would have no special ability but would be a speed boost when the ship is used, currently 30% for 5 seconds, but VESPID is saying this should be 30% increase all of the time so the Base speed is 390 and each 7900 speed generator increases it by 13 instead of 10 as when used in any other ships.

6. VESPID

VESPID User

Thanx, that's what I meant.

7. Why not just activate the booster on the Lighting like the Tartarus?

I think it is The V-Lighting Vengi, most players are afraid of it as it stands... A good pilot can do a lot of damage with that ship. For a vengi to work the way it should an account must be at peak at. My old Vengi did a lot of Damage now they have the Tartarus replace its speed a vengi can not escape the speed of a Tartarus it may gain a small leap over the Tartarus for 5 seconds but the Tartarus will catch it

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  8. That is why @VESPID suggested the SKILL be a permanent in game action, no longer a 5 second activation, which would allow for the Lightning to be able to outrun the Tartarus as it was originally designed to be the fastest fighting ship in the maps. YES the Spearhead is also faster but it is for reconnaissance instead of fighting. These NEW ships are being designed way above what the original story line ever anticipated they would go, and as such are frustrating those who enjoy playing the game with certain ships over these much more cumbersome NEW ships, I myself dislike the looks of the Tart.

9. OILDAILY

OILDAILY User

i agree with all above get the vengis out

10. Lightning is already as good as it is.
    If you are skilled, the ship is perfect :p

11. Odin®

Odin® User

HomeTownBoy ... get a Pusat. That's a Vengi class . Just a thought ....

12. VESPID

VESPID User

Or improve the v lightning as the post is focused on.

13. HTB loves his Lightning though.

14. Odin®

Odin® User

Yea I know but sorry HTB DO is not upgrading any class of Vengeance ships including the Lightning . That was confirmed in 1 of Twitch streams some months back

15. Well, that is unfortunate for them they could had made a lot of money upgrading the Lighting and Vengis. to bad so sad.

16. Ah ha ha you are a Goliath pilot you would say that lol... You're not full time Vengi.... If I am not mistaken you are EIC and on East 2.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Odin® likes this.
  17. Odin®

Odin® User

... lol HomeTownBoy I have 3 accounts East 1 , 2 and 3. East 1 is my home account and the other 2 I play for fun. As for a full time Vengi pilot I fly almost every ship in DO I like the Vengi for gates and reeking havoc in the maps especially the MMO maps on the East 2 server as EIC . I'm a Beast at lvl 13 with only 308 days since registration there . 9 yrs on the East 1 server. I forget how long as a VRU on the East 3.
    The range of the Vengi is what I like , It cuts like a knife.

HomeTownBoy likes this.
  18. I was going to play on West and started to make a little harmless ship on USA West was there about 2 or more weeks then I stopped and went to East 2 I have 2 1/2 weeks East making account from scratch I am not a beast I am just a noob trying to make a little harmless ship. I am not a pro like you sir... I wouldn't know how to battle like you... I just FRAM little bonus boxes and Pally for fun. If you were to shoot me I may just run away You may or may not catch me few ever do.

PILOT RANK:Sergeant
    POSITION IN RANK:1,006
    PLAYER LEVEL:16
    COMPANY:VRU
    PLAYING TIME:238 hours
    ACHIEVEMENTS:71
    RESEARCH POINTS USED:15

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Odin® likes this.
  19. Odin®

Odin® User

[​IMG] Gamma Gate was a Kronos Part from the B-Day Gate [Easy] . Also 2 lambda gates completed . Thank goodness I don't have to do that Gamma
    But I would of liked the rewards from it along with the Ring.
    [​IMG] I'm in the Epsilon now which I'll finish up this coming Sunday . Have fun and be safe...
    Username: Ĩηfámőúś®
    Occupation Free Agent
    Level: 13
    Company: EIC

PILOT RANK:Space Pilot
    POSITION IN RANK:1,47
    PLAYER LEVEL:13
    COMPANY:EIC
    PLAYING TIME:27 hours
    ACHIEVEMENTS:30
    RESEARCH POINTS USED:6

20. I only played for the 2 week free Prem then stopped xD USA East 2