[UI] Uridium design for Leonov.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by PonderousZeus, Nov 24, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. We have designs with extra abilities for all the other ships apart from the leonov.
    Can we get a Leonov design that has all the bonuses that the Leo currently gets but in your own company higher maps as well ?
    Think of all the UFE spectrum users faces when a swarm of noobs rocketed them to death lol.

2. Leonov has its own active ability with no cooldown. Double lasers and shields for those that are put on ship.

3. Nope.
    The Leonov is designed to be a starter ship for new and weak players. Want to do better? Get a Vengeance or Goliath, and go ham.

Getting real tired of people asking for more buffs to the Leo, be thankful it has buffs already.
    Also, search up previous posts asking about the Leonov being buffed. There are already hundreds of them, and all of them turned down. No point in starting a new one on the same idea, into the trash you go.

4. Someone has an attitude problem lol

5. VESPID

VESPID User

RIGHT!!!
    I like this idea, for the leo to just keep it's boosts in all but enemy company maps.
    Possibly have it glow in it's company colors.

6. Zecora

Zecora User

I suggested a similar idea in the German forums as well, but not extending it's home-advantages, but giving a reasonable boost to all of it's stats to make it a viable ship on all other maps, but still weak compared to ships like goliath, aegis etc.

While i agree to a Leonov design, i think we shouldn't expand the home advantages but focus on buffing the general stats then.

7. What makes you think I don't already have every ship in the game ? plus all the gear to go with it ? I like leos, and I think it would be good for the newer players to start earning a bit of uri faster, whats wrong with that ? I didn't ask for a treble rocket damage treble hp treble laser leo for hunting enemy maps did I lol, have a good un .

Ps. I didn't realise lvl 20 noobs could be so opinionated :)

8. You forget that stronger players will have access to the ship. So it's a no from me.

9. Some of us level 17 noob's can be opinionated as well. There are so many ships out there now with speed, shieds and power. No UFE player is going to be snuck up on and not be able to handle the situation from a squad of NOOB Leo's. Now as KillerStreak pointed out, a squad of veteran FE/UFE players can wreak havok, but it would be better if they played defensive position in lowers so the up and comers can get started in the game. You won't see me in one but meh...

10. Leo's have there place and the HOME maps is it. They are too weak for the upper maps even if they had the advantage transferred to the upper maps also. A FE Leo is marvelous against the NPC's in the lower maps but have nothing to offer the attacking UFE enemy player. As far as getting a group of players wanting to fly Leo's to gang up on UFE players, it is too hard to get people to help defend you let alone to go hunting with you in a Leo.

My vote is YES for designs, but NO for additional map advantages. All ships should be able to be customized, not just a select few, example would be a Frosted Surgeon would have frost on everything except the center bridge area which would still be the original color, the trio ships would have a V or E on them but all 3 ships would be allowed to be frosted not just the "ELITE" design.

11. VESPID

VESPID User

Hey I believe adding 6 more gens and lasers to the ship for uppers would be just fine as long as it keeps the x2 rocket damage.
    I know the pussat offers extra lasers for the design so the Leo shouldn't be a problem for the Dev team to augment.

Now regarding the "it's only for lowers" crowd, please open ur minds if you plan to represent the players of the game.
    I understand if it is not appealing to you but don't let your fear of a select few kill this idea for the many.

12. If there is a design for the Goli make a design for the other ships aka the Leo in Frost as one example. Aw heck make a design and then build it for all ships available in the shop :rolleyes: This will keep the artists too busy to come up with more looks ;)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  13. VESPID

VESPID User

Excellent Idea Sub, Let's first address the topic at hand.
    I just happen to have a strong interest in this one.