[UI] Vulcan

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by coobo99, May 2, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. coobo99

coobo99 User

The alternate name for the Greek God of fire and other stuff, Hephaistos.
    This drone design would present a decent range of additions
    +20% HP
    -5% Rocket and Rocket launcher cooldown time
    +7% Overall Damage
    +10% Shield

It would present a design to reflect flames, the colors being darkened gold and a smooth red.

I really appreciate the Demon drones and I would like to see that design in use, but rockets don't seem to be big enough for people to want to wear them regularly. I think what is needed is a little more of an edge.
    I would also like to see more drones with a "cool" appearance over some of the less recent cosmetics. Designs with either a sharp or smooth look rather than blocky or blobs.

2. memrix

memrix User

I'd say yes, but about the bonusses listed above is one that i'm not liking. That would be the HP bonus, and here's why: There are already A LOT of options to increase your HP, and UFE are already immortal as is, please don't advertise ways to make them even more unkillable. On the other hand i too like the look of the demon drones, and they could be given more incentive to be used (damage seems to do the trick though, no need to add HP to it.

3. coobo99

coobo99 User

Well, 20% HP is the same as the Hercules drone and I thought about dropping it to 15%. If I do that, I feel like it would be inferior to the Spartans.
    Spartans giving
    15% HP
    10% Shield
    10% Damage
    The damage reduced by 3% (That of Heart) sounded like a clear fix to add that extra 5% HP.
    The alternative possibly?
    +10% HP
    +10% Overall Damage
    -5% Rocket/Launcher Cooldown
    +15% Shield

4. memrix

memrix User

I like that you are trying to rebalance it! good effort. But here's an idea, you want it named after a god that busies himself with the production of weapons of war. So why not have one of the drone's bonusses to reduce cooldown of abilities instead of damage output? That way the player will have to adapt to new strategies by switching configs to make use of the cooldown (while being vulnerable to further attacks).
    What say you?

PS: +10% HP
    -5% Rocket/Launcher Cooldown
    +15% Shield
    looks better!

5. coobo99

coobo99 User

Spartan Stats With Full Set (10): Damage 10%, Shield Bonus 10%, HP Bonus 15%)
    Hercules (15% drone shield boost, 20% hp boost only if Hercules is equipped on all drones)

I'm trying to create something that doesn't let your HP and Shield be too overpowered against these designs.
    With the introduction of the Prometheus laser, the high HP level that could be achieved with the HP LF-4 is being replaced as well. I don't see high HP levels being as much of a threat.
    I'm mainly looking at this without the -5% cooldown.
    +10% HP
    +15% Shield ... Now, what would even this amount out with the 10% HP loss vs. the Hercules or the 5% HP loss and 5% shield gain of the Spartan? I don't consider 5% shield any shield at all really.
    -5% Cooldown would compensate for some of that, but the rockets need a little kick. Rocket damage alone isn't much, but applying that damage to lasers, as well, seems right.

It's complicated trying to even these things out because of the HP boosts available. Hercules, Moth/Heart, 15% HP Module, 10% Booster, 5.5% (11) from HP LF-4 gives me 760k HP in a Solace. But at the same time, the damage output of players has increased so significantly, HP should be able to keep up with that.

6. coobo99

coobo99 User

Ok I think I have it all figured out

15% HP
    10% Shield
    12.5% Rocket damage
    Maybe
    12.5% Rocket damage + 5% Cooldown

This compounded with the Spectrum Module gives you 20% Shield and 32.5% Rocket damage
    This compounded with the Solace gives you 30% HP
    This compounded with the Diminisher gives you 35% Shield
    I don't have all of the modules, but I think this settles it.

Last edited: May 13, 2020