[UI] Weekly Galaxy Gate

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by kod^, Feb 12, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That is why there are 3 levels of gates available. And the number of people in the group is up to the leader of the group. Get a UFE with one newb splitting the Extreme gate rewards and the newb just jumped from level 13 to level 15 doing one gate with one helper. Get 3 people who can kill a Cubikon together but are being bullied off of it when they try in the maps and now they can kill 2 without any harassment and even splitting it 3 ways could jump a level doing one gate. The rewards are collected just like any outfit in the maps, kill a BBK and the group shares the kill rewards, same with these gates. The Harder the gate the more NPC's to be killed and the more rewards to be shared. The Extreme gate allows a person/group to kill BOSS NPC's, Pirates, and practice killing items from the Zeta, Kappa, and Kuiper Gates, which the newbs may not see for a year or better of playing. As the gates are not open gaming it allows a person trying to rank up to do it with friends or alone and not have to worry about the same Company Killing Players that have decided the maps are too empty to kill only enemy players and have chosen to kill friendlies also.
    I would like to give it a try, but only if the NPC's took on in-map characteristics as I would hate to have 100+ items chasing me at one time, especially the Devourer and Convict with their minions.

Overall, I think it would be a good change of pace for D O to adapt into the game to help protect the server populations, granted people will not be in maps but they will be buying ammo and eventually will need to be in the maps to collect Bonus Boxes for ammo and Uridium to buy more ammo as these gates will use quite a bit of it. I did like the suggestion to have some Special Dropped Boxes to be collected giving ammo and other items to the persons collecting them, would suggest if they did do this and it was a group doing the gate the rewards again be split among the group (otherwise the greedy will collect it all for themselves causing more issues), maybe the Convicts and Devourers could drop a special ammo package, and the Annihilators could drop ammo to kill the Convict in the Beginner Gate. The other item that I do not believe was computed was most of the NPC's drop cargo which is available for upgrades and credits also, which includes Seprom in all 3 Gates (243 in Beginner, 2224 in Intermediate, and 5854 in Extreme) which would have to be used to be able to collect the other minerals also, thus it would create a need for the Trade Drone or P.E.T. Trade Gear to be purchased along with Premium (for the Auto-Refine feature) or a person is jumping out of the gate to sell every chance they got, but then there is a lot of good cargo being left in the last gate of the Extreme including a large amount of Seprom (672 just in Convict and Devourer cargo).

There is potential for these gates to be exploited by those strong enough to do all 3 every week, but you have to remember there is a huge amount of ammo used and even using credit ammo it would take a long time to get thru these gates solo (just as an example how long does it take to do the daily quest to kill 50 Streuner? you have 55 BOSS Struener in the beginner gate). And the UFE Hunters do not like killing NPC's so they will not want to do these gates. The Gate Farmers are doing them for the x4 and Special Rewards not the NPC kill rewards so they will probably do these one and say it is not worth doing again (like they said about the Kuiper Gate when it was fixed). So with the effort that is required to complete these gates I think it would really benefit only the newbs to have these gates and I vote to implement them as soon as possible.

PSK~SUNDANCE likes this.
  2. DogScout

DogScout User

I like the gates suggested and think even though the Extreme is going to be a LONG gate to complete it would be fun to do weekly.

3. Not any different than after a level invasion gate then, huh? Have to remember newbs are using credit ammo and as such have the auto buy chips buying it and with these gates being ammo intensive the gains are usually not as strong as they look. For comparison look at the last gate you did, without the reward of completing it, how much did you make from doing that gate? If you are honest about it, the gate cost you everything you made (credits and Uridium) in ammo used. So I do not believe that you will see much change in the bids for Daily Items in Auction.
    The Extreme gate looks like it might be a good FE group gate, get 3 or 4 friends together and pump it out fairly quickly, but I agree that there would need to be some ammo dropped in the game for collecting also. The other 2 look like I might enjoy them, if the NPC's follow the in-game traits and not GG traits, having over 60 BOSS strength anything shooting you at one time would be hard to deal with. But the instant kills from using Kami would be taken away by using the Bosses.
    I agree with these sentiments also, the gates as a FREE gate could be a great change of pace for D O and allow players to do what the UFE do, Hunt In Peace, they bought their UFE status by farming Gates and now prefer to kill newbs instead of NPC's and are chasing the newbs from the game. These gates would give the newbs something to do where they were not being attacked all the time and help them progress in a game where they are being killed by same company players helping enemies attack them.

PSK~SUNDANCE likes this.
  4. I feel it is a needed change. It has been stated in another post that the direction the game has taken, away from what it was originally designed, is being tolerated because the numbers are too low to take action like they used to. It is time that D O realizes, that without the new blood in the game it is dying a slow death (even the wallets are starting to be a little tighter), and if they do not want to spiral out of control they need to put some semblance of order and fair game play back into the game. A low level player can not do Level Invasion Gate as there are too few people in the gate to kill the numbers of NPC in there, the Upper Level FE- can not get involved because of the Company Killers wanting to gain the rewards for themselves, and the UFE's do not want to grind NPC's so they are out hunting the players not doing the Invasion Gate.

I would like to see how long it would take for my FE Goliath (level 16 / 17 if complete gate) to do the Extreme Gate Solo (even if just once). These gates would move people thru the levels quickly, if they completed them solo, but then they would have to be able to complete them to be able to get them again. The amount of ammo (shoot a Boss Sibelon, BBK, or Cube solo) needed would be outrageous and might find the financial (credits and uridium) gains to be losses instead. There may have to be some Gate rewards added to compensate for the expenses, but this is a FREE gate discussion so whether D O would be interested in doing this at all would be on them.

I say stop creating these Money Grabbing Events trying to entice players to open their wallets and give the FREE players a way to advance in the game without being fodder for the players who do not care if they are here or not.

5. One free gate a week. This is usually given on DO birth date every year. TOT was a free gate for Halloween. Currently, you can play three free gates a day - it is called LoW gate. The participants in this LoW gate don't hit the hardest. Many pop out before the two ship limit is activated - AAhhhhh - DO just made it harder to farm, but it can be done. No need to circle in LoW gate. Just clcik and drag. The other free gate is Invasion gate - yeah I know got get past the kurb wave which is extremely hard, but once past it is continuous.

6. kod^

kod^ User

MAN YOU DONT UNDERSTAND MY POST!READ IT AGAIN AND SLOWLY

7. Some people just don't want to give anything to the newbs of D O! These gates could be done as a group (if too weak) or solo and as there are no Special Rewards (unless D O decides to give some) is just giving players some place to play where they do not have to worry about the ills of the game the way it is currently being played. Every request to help retain newbs is shot down by people (like you) and then those same people give reasons of LOW MAP POPULATIONS as the excuse they have started killing same company players (which in turn sends even more players away from the game). So either we try to create something to help retain newbs or they stop making money grabbing events, like Carnival, and let the game die like it is trying to do on its own merits.

The Boss NPC's, Special Gate NPC's, and Pirates give a good enough fight that the players are not going to be able to just fly thru them but give enough from the kill to make it worth killing them, yet the Extreme Gate gives enough of a challenge even a UFE player may enjoy doing it (if they are not against killing NPC's).

The Level Invasion Gate is not appealing to weak newbs as there are not enough players in there to handle the batch of NPC's and without the Hull and Shield given from Pilot Points can not survive long enough to do anything good enough to gain anything from it (start a new account if you don't believe me, keeping it low enough to go in thru x-1 gate).

Oh well, either D O wakes up and makes some changes or the game is going to be gone soon.

Edit;

Would have been nice to have seen more comments in the 30+ days this was up and maybe even get some TEAM input on the idea.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  8. I like this idea it would give people a chance to fight NPC's they may not be able to see for a while (depending on how they play) and also the fact that getting a group together for doing the easier gates would actually be a group of peers making them work together instead of having a UFE kill everything while they share the rewards for just being in the gate with them. The fact that there is no Bonus for completing the gate might be something to keep people from wanting to do them but as you suggested if the NPC's dropped mystery boxes of ELITE ammo it might be worth looking into.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  9. SauronL

SauronL User

would be awesome if you would think about it little more and add more information how it could be, for example , amount of waves, npc stats and so on , but yes its very good idea. Also they could make for it special port like for LoW gate , but in different map , with abilities like invasion gate (no demi zone, and you can drop mines there and so on.)

10. Did you look at the suggested gates I made? I created 3 gates for different levels and could be done as a group also.

11. SauronL

SauronL User

No i didnt read comments , and now after i took a look at that im so lazy to read that sorry lol xD

12. What make you don't/didn't think I read your forums post (s)LoW(ly) o_O ;) Yes, DO is a time/$$ and or game, but a free is there for the taking and you don't like the free gate given in x-3 :(, but your/mine suggestion is still valid :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.